Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013   #1681
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed agrees to terms with Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
i dont like it.

6 mil a year for a shot, past prime player is not financially wise move. Not only that, Reed's strength is zone coverage, now he's gonna be playing a lot of man coverage due to wade's man to man scheme which is not his strong suit.

Its like the texans trying to make up all the loses we had in free agency by overpaying a past prime star.

Predictably, everybody eats it up because its a star player and all those loses in free agency are forgotten and all is ok.
Predictably Jules Winnfield disagrees with everybody.

Could get us over the top, could be a flop, just gotta see how it plays out man.
Old 03-20-2013   #1682
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77581 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I think so. It's only a carpenter's salary...and bread and wine.
Just give bread -n- water. He can make his own wine.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1683
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
i dont like it.

6 mil a year for a shot, past prime player is not financially wise move. Not only that, Reed's strength is zone coverage, now he's gonna be playing a lot of man coverage due to wade's man to man scheme which is not his strong suit.

Its like the texans trying to make up all the loses we had in free agency by overpaying a past prime star.

Predictably, everybody eats it up because its a star player and all those loses in free agency are forgotten and all is ok.
So you want to start Keo? Or sign Huff? Or a rookie?

Look deal in reality. GQ is GONE. By by. Adios. Not an option. Look at the intangibles.
You think Reed is scared of Brady and the Pats?
You think Reed is scared of Manning and the Broncos?

Hellllllllllllllllllll no!
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1684
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 226347 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 View Post
So you want to start Keo? Or sign Huff? Or a rookie?

Look deal in reality. GQ is GONE. By by. Adios. Not an option. Look at the intangibles.
You think Reed is scared of Brady and the Pats?
You think Reed is scared of Manning and the Broncos?

Hellllllllllllllllllll no!

I caught that "Manning and the Colts?" before you changed it. I still think of it like that too a lot of the time.
Old 03-20-2013   #1685
House of Pain
Knee-jerkless

Section: 106
Rep Power: 5775 House of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respectedHouse of Pain is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what the numbers and guaranteed money is and stuff, but I'm pretty certain they over-payed. Although he will be wearing a Ravens jersey in the Hall of Fame, will probably be the first player in the Hall that wore a Texans jersey.

Still a good pick-up for a relatively young team that needs leadership and staying grounded.

Please don't let him be Ahman Moulds.
House of Pain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1686
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipTraxx View Post
Good news: We got reed
Bad news: This changes the whole draft strategy. (i still like Hopkins from Clemson)
Help me out dude, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other?
Old 03-20-2013   #1687
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Just give bread -n- water. He can make his own wine.
Touche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1688
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Help me out dude, I'm not sure what one has to do with the other?
See...now that we signed an older Safety for 2-3 years we won't need to draft another safety because we're putting all our hopes on Keo becoming a beast once he learns from Ed.

That MUST be the logic behind not drafting a Safety in our 2 Safety set.

Quote:
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
Old 03-20-2013   #1689
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
See...now that we signed an older Safety for 2-3 years we won't need to draft another safety because we're putting all our hopes on Keo becoming a beast once he learns from Ed.

That MUST be the logic behind not drafting a Safety in our 2 Safety set.
I see what you did there.....

Seriously though, I thought Deandre Hopkins was a WR...
Old 03-20-2013   #1690
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Not only that, Reed's strength is zone coverage, now he's gonna be playing a lot of man coverage due to wade's man to man scheme which is not his strong suit.
I don't think Wade would be so foolish. Ed will stay high, playing centerfield. Manning is going to drop in the box ala Quin. The other guy Demps/Keo/(hopefully Brandon Harris) would drop down to play man in Dime packages.

Last year, for some reason we let Demps/Keo play centerfield. Most of the big plays were because Demps was sleeping, looking into the backfield.

That won't happen with Reed.
Old 03-20-2013   #1691
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I hope we draft dj swearinger.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #1692
PapaL
Loose Screw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I see what you did there.....

Seriously though, I thought Deandre Hopkins was a WR...

This place is a mess during the offseason.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013   #1693
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Moves like these rejuvenate me as a fan. Im so happy right now. All this ****talking the last two weeks finally has closure and the team a direction.

his locker room presence alone is worth the contract, say he does miss time with injury, him just being there will be a great deal of motivation.

lets just go get Urlacher and take a shot at this damn thing next year. lets make some noise with the old guys, one last hoorah!
Old 03-20-2013   #1694
PapaL
Loose Screw

Regardless of who we sign/draft, we need people to match up w these TEs that KILLED us last year.

No one is going to stop Gronk and Hernandez but damn, at least slow the bleeding. Make a play every once and a while.

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013   #1695
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Look Reed is gonna make mistakes. In his prime he made mistakes. I just think his intensity and leadership is very valuable to this young D that got starry eyed against Brady and Rodgers.
Old 03-20-2013   #1696
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

This place is a mess during the offseason.
And people wonder why my alcohol consumption goes way up this time of year.
Old 03-20-2013   #1697
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Moves like these rejuvenate me as a fan. Im so happy right now. All this ****talking the last two weeks finally has closure and the team a direction.

his locker room presence alone is worth the contract, say he does miss time with injury, him just being there will be a great deal of motivation.

lets just go get Urlacher and take a shot at this damn thing next year. lets make some noise with the old guys, one last hoorah!
Ummmm no!

Urlacher is to old and slow.

You think our LBs had trouble covering TEs last year, add Urlacher to that equation? Helllllll no.
Old 03-20-2013   #1698
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 View Post
Ummmm no!

Urlacher is to old and slow.

You think our LBs had trouble covering TEs last year, add Urlacher to that equation? Helllllll no.
Im not calling for a full time fix. another locker room guy that can show these young un's how its done. BU is still strong against the run and now that the Bears slapped him in the face maybe he has that fire to finish with a real contender. I'd love him on this team and you bet your ass that Wade could devise a game plan to utilize his strengths. Pipe dreams, isnt America great?! Nothing is gonna blow my high right now anyways, Reed amongst some was never going to happen too, and looky here.
Old 03-20-2013   #1699
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Too much money for a brand name. I think this signing makes us more comfortable with safety then we should be hurting us even more in the draft. Somewhere there's a big sharpee that's been used for the name reed. We still need a safety in the top 4 rounds or so. He's a bandaide.
Old 03-20-2013   #1700
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1737 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Urlacher is slower than Bradie James at this point. Don't want Urlacher anywhere close to this tea.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read