Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-20-2013   #1
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Shane Lechler - Signed Texans

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 3m Texans bringing in free agent punter Shane Lechler for a visit on Thursday
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #2
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1758 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shane Lechler to visit Texans

Great Punter. Hope the Texans sign him
Old 03-20-2013   #3
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Woohoo!
Old 03-20-2013   #4
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice...
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #5
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I can't wait for this thread to hit 100 pages. Are we bringing him in on a private jet? All sarcasm aside, I would welcome this signing
Old 03-20-2013   #6
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather get a amazing kicker. I like the idea of bringing in Shane, but I think it sends a bad message. I think we have a good punter. I would rather have seven points or even three then none at all.
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #7
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak & co. Getting ready for all the 3 and outs we are about to have. LOL.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2013   #8
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
My thought exactly.
Old 03-20-2013   #9
Schaub2Dre
Rookie

Section: Gridiron Sideline!!
Rep Power: 0 Schaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaub2Dre is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually if you look at the stats. Donnie Jones had a better year than Shane. Inside 20: 31% vs 26%. Net yardage was close, 40.5% vs 39%, in favor of Jones.
Schaub2Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #10
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hope he doesn't outkick the coverage. The Texans were SLOW on special teams last year.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26 3m Texans bringing in free agent punter Shane Lechler for a visit on Thursday
Old 03-20-2013   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouSportsWriter View Post
I would rather get a amazing kicker. I like the idea of bringing in Shane, but I think it sends a bad message. I think we have a good punter. I would rather have seven points or even three then none at all.
I don't know. We finished 7th in scoring. As a team, we were 4th in rushing TDs, 15th in passing TDs.......

I'm just saying, someone had to be scoring all those points.
Old 03-20-2013   #13
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post

The texans currently have no punter under contract. They were going to add some a punter at somepoint in theoff-season. Getting one of the better ones in history is not reflective of anything deeper than filling a need with the best player a tean can.
Old 03-20-2013   #14
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know. We finished 7th in scoring. As a team, we were 4th in rushing TDs, 15th in passing TDs.......

I'm just saying, someone had to be scoring all those points.
Graham was hard for me to watch.
Old 03-20-2013   #15
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Graham was hard for me to watch.
Hopefully Bullock is easier on the eyes.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #16
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Hopefully Bullock is easier on the eyes.
That is the one position battle that I look forward to this preseason
Old 03-20-2013   #17
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56098 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default P Shane Lechler to visit Texans Thursday

Per McClain.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...isit-thursday/
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #18
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104108 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: P Shane Lechler to visit Texans Thursday

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Hall of fame WR..... Andre Johnson; check
Hall of fame DB.... Ed Reed; check
Potential Hall of fame DE... Jj Watt; check
Hall of fame PK.. Shane Lechler; TBD

Championship!
Old 03-20-2013   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Lechler. Hopefully will come home and play for us at a discount.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read