Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-20-2013   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TT Mock Darft Sign up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
I've been taking some struggling teams in the past few drafts. I think in 2009 I had the Rams, 2010 had the Jags...
How different from your selections to theirs, I'm curious to know, especially with the Jags.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #22
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TT Mock Draft Sign up

Raiders and Bears left; any one?
Old 03-20-2013   #23
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83263 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

steelb, I'd like to start Monday. It would give everyone a good amount of time to do research for their teams.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
steelb, I'd like to start Monday. It would give everyone a good amount of time to do research for their teams.
I just spoke to steelb on the phone about this.
This should settle the matter.
Unless a few people are too anxious; I don't they mind waiting until Monday.
If you need any input, you can PM me.
Old 03-20-2013   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
From here to Sunday, anybody can claim these two spots; if not , I (or one of those already on board) will take them.

So we're pretty much set.
Thank you for participating; let's get this show on the road and enjoy the heck out of it.

Old 03-20-2013   #26
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post

Monday sounds great, the draft will start 7AM Monday. Wolf 6151 you're on the clock. I know you work nights and may be asleep at 7 AM, so if you want to PM your pick you can.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #27
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39211 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Monday sounds great, the draft will start 7AM Monday. Wolf 6151 you're on the clock. I know you work nights and may be asleep at 7 AM, so if you want to PM your pick you can.
Wooo! Let's get to it!
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCTexan View Post
Wooo! Let's get to it!
I gather you already have possibilities for the second and third rounds as well.
Old 03-20-2013   #29
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How different from your selections to theirs, I'm curious to know, especially with the Jags.
I couldn't dig out the Jags (I've done Jags, Rams, and the Bills last year) but here's what I had for the Bills at the time:

1.) Courtney Upshaw, OLB
2.) Lavonte David, ILB
3.) Jeff Allen, OG/OT
4.) Jeff Fuller, WR
4.) Omar Bolden, CB
5.) AJ Jenkins, WR
5.) Jaye Howard, DT

And here's who they actually drafted:

1 - Stephon Gilmore, CB
2 - Cordy Glenn, OT
3 - T.J. Graham, WR
4 - Nigel Bradham, OLB
4 - Ron Brooks, CB
5 - Zebrie Sanders, OT
5 - Tank Carder, LB
6 - Mark Asper, OG
7 - John Potter, K
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I couldn't dig out the Jags (I've done Jags, Rams, and the Bills last year) but here's what I had for the Bills at the time:

1.) Courtney Upshaw, OLB
2.) Lavonte David, ILB
3.) Jeff Allen, OG/OT
4.) Jeff Fuller, WR
4.) Omar Bolden, CB
5.) AJ Jenkins, WR
5.) Jaye Howard, DT

And here's who they actually drafted:

1 - Stephon Gilmore, CB
2 - Cordy Glenn, OT
3 - T.J. Graham, WR
4 - Nigel Bradham, OLB
4 - Ron Brooks, CB
5 - Zebrie Sanders, OT
5 - Tank Carder, LB
6 - Mark Asper, OG
7 - John Potter, K
First think I noticed is AJ Jenkins in the fifth.
Hahahaha, you had even lower respect for him than I.
Old 03-20-2013   #31
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 15877 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First think I noticed is AJ Jenkins in the fifth.
Hahahaha, you had even lower respect for him than I.
LOL, looking back...at least I was right on that one. This is a Wiki article on him:
Quote:
Although healthy all season, Jenkins was active for only three of the 49ers 16 regular season games. In his rookie regular season he played in only 37 offensive snaps and was targeted with a pass just once, which he dropped.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #32
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are the results of the 2012 TT Mock Draft.

I had Bucs last year:

1.5) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
2.36) Vontaze Berfict, LB, Arizona State (so wrong on draft position but he turned out alright, so far)
3.69) Bobbie Massie, OT, Ole Miss
5.133) Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas

Don't think we went past round 5 last year.

Here are the results of the 2011 TT Mock Draft

I had the Bills in 2011:

1) Marcel Dareus, DL, Alabama
2) Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
3) Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
4a) Siona Fua, DT, Stanford
4b) Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon
5) Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconson
6) Jeremy Kerley, WR, TCU
7) Ryan McMahon, OC,

Here are the results of the 2010 TT Mock Draft.

I had the Patriots in 2010:

1.22) Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
2.44) Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
2.47) Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State
2.53) Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech (pretty sure he went undrafted to Steelers?)
4.119) Anthony McCoy, TE, USC

I think it stopped in round 4 or 5. Funny that I got that they would take Hernandez and two tight ends. Missed Gronk though.

It's fun looking back at this stuff.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #33
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Here are the results of the 2012 TT Mock Draft.

I had Bucs last year:

1.5) Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU
2.36) Vontaze Berfict, LB, Arizona State (so wrong on draft position but he turned out alright, so far)
3.69) Bobbie Massie, OT, Ole Miss
5.133) Jarius Wright, WR, Arkansas

Don't think we went past round 5 last year.

Here are the results of the 2011 TT Mock Draft

I had the Bills in 2011:

1) Marcel Dareus, DL, Alabama
2) Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
3) Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
4a) Siona Fua, DT, Stanford
4b) Casey Matthews, ILB, Oregon
5) Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconson
6) Jeremy Kerley, WR, TCU
7) Ryan McMahon, OC,

Here are the results of the 2010 TT Mock Draft.

I had the Patriots in 2010:

1.22) Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
2.44) Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida
2.47) Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma State
2.53) Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech (pretty sure he went undrafted to Steelers?)
4.119) Anthony McCoy, TE, USC

I think it stopped in round 4 or 5. Funny that I got that they would take Hernandez and two tight ends. Missed Gronk though.

It's fun looking back at this stuff.

Man those are some really good/great drafts.

Are you ready to go 7 rds this yr?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #34
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Man those are some really good/great drafts.

Are you ready to go 7 rds this yr?
Always, my friend.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013   #35
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LOL, looking back...at least I was right on that one. This is a Wiki article on him:
Yeah, I agree with you on that one; I stated right when he was drafted that he still has a way to go - not physical enough and therefore not able to thwart of press coverage and not able to give much room along the side line for the QB.

I couldn't believe he was drafted that high.
Old 03-21-2013   #36
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Always, my friend.
I love Vontaze Burfict, too.
Would have taken him as an UDFA in a heartbeat.
Old 03-21-2013   #37
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Bump
Old 03-21-2013   #38
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lets get everybody assigned a team. I need feedback from everybody, do y'all want to start after all of the teams are filled? Or wait say until Monday to start the draft, so that everybody has a chance to study their teams needs?

Feedback Please
Monday is good. A weekend of some research should be plenty and that way we all know when it starts.
Old 03-21-2013   #39
76Texan
Hall of Fame

If you have never done a mock draft but would like to try, please go right ahead.

Any one of us will be glad to answer any question you may have.
Old 03-21-2013   #40
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I could take the Bears if you need someone. Anyone know how many picks they have? Either that, or I would trade for the Browns

My old drafts aren't exactly shining...

2012: Browns Draft so far:
1.4 Justin Blackmon WR
1.22 Mike Adams OT
2.37 Whitney Mercilus DE
3.68 Brandon Weeden QB
4.101 Lamichael James RB
4.119 Travis Lewis LB
5.132 Asa Jackson CB

For the 6th and 7th I would have taken Dajohn Harris, DT USC and Eric Page, WR Toledo. Dajohn probably shouldn't be on the board this late, but he would be excellent depth behind Phil Taylor and A Rubin. Eric Page is the kind of guy I want in the slot. Small speedy guy with great hands who can do a lot of great things. He would also become the second kick returner next to Cribbs and a backup punt returner in case Cribbs gets hurt (likely). If we were doing comp picks, I would have taken Cyrus Grey somewhere in the 6th as well. The Browns have two 6ths and two 7ths as comp picks this year. Would grab the punter from Rice with a comp 7th.

2011 - Browns:
1. Robert Quinn, DE - 14th to Rams
2. Cory Liguet, DT - 18th to Chargers
3. Marcus Gilbert OT - 63rd to Steelers
4. Greg Little, WR - 59th to the Browns
5. Kendrick Burney, CB - UDFA
6a. Owen Marecic, FB - 124th to the Browns
6b. Ross Homan, OLB - 200th to the Vikings

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read