Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-19-2013   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TT Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I'll take a team, I'm usually not terribly busy during weekdays or late at night on weekdays/weekends so if you need a backup guy to make picks I can make that happen as well.
I think we have enough people to run this thing.

Steelb, why don't you start the contacts and let's get this ball rolling.
I'm always pretty good as the right-wing man.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Talk to Cak or Hookem.

I thought about volunteering but my "free time" is so eratic , sometimes early , others very late at night .... I just wouldnt be a good choice.

Looks like you get to be the fearless leader this go round!
actually, I'm the guy who does this kind of stuff (moderator roles/privileges). If Blake (formerly Super Mario) isn't going to use his mod stuff I'll set up steelb or whomever is taking over his role.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #23
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in for whatever team is available...
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #24
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in, I would like to draft for the Patriots but I'll take whoever I'm assigned.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

We can ask the mods to have a one-time exception to put an invitation on the main board to attract more people.

Whatcha think?
Aw hell naw! Too many jackholes over there .... I'd rather double up on teams than end up with a bunch of morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
actually, I'm the guy who does this kind of stuff (moderator roles/privileges). If Blake (formerly Super Mario) isn't going to use his mod stuff I'll set up steelb or whomever is taking over his role.

Good to know .... Looks like Steelb is the man for the job.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #26
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Eagles
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #27
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've helped SM with this in the past but I'm swamped at work now. Mostly all I did was help remind people of their picks.

If someone's picks were coming up, I was one of the people who would make their pick for them. For example, let's say your pick is 5 slots away, you could send me (or SM) your five top candidates and when your pick came up, we'd post it to the thread with whatever write-up or pictures you wanted... or we'd find a picture of the guy if we had to.

I'm not around enough to do that, now.
You posted a copy of all of the daft slots for each round can you do that again?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to start a thread with a sign up for the teams and a couple of rules. Give me feedback on the rules if y'all dont like something and maybe we can change them.
Old 03-19-2013   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Aw hell naw! Too many jackholes over there .... I'd rather double up on teams than end up with a bunch of morons.

Good to know .... Looks like Steelb is the man for the job.
Lol, I guess I wasn't clear on it; I mean the main forum.

There are folks who don't frequent the college and mock draft forum because they don't have much time.

But anything works for me.

Steelb, just let me know what you want me to prepare for.
Old 03-19-2013   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm going to start a thread with a sign up for the teams and a couple of rules. Give me feedback on the rules if y'all dont like something and maybe we can change them.
If I don't need to, I won't be signing up to be a player.

I'll be happy to double up with anybody as a helper in any capacity they want me to. You pros certainly don't need me.
Old 03-19-2013   #31
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take a team or two .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #32
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I would participate as a team's GM, but I do not have the time and dedication to mod it.

The overall lack of participation after round 1 is disheartening and chasing down disinterested GM's takes the fun out of our mock. I would suggest doubling up on teams. Finding 16 dedicated members is alot easier than 32.
Can you help me with mod privileges? I will PM you.

Which team do you want?
Old 03-19-2013   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Current count: 14 players plus 2 old-timers who didn't claim that they will join, but most certainly they will.

We've got half the slots covered already.
Don't be late to claim the rest.
Old 03-19-2013   #34
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lol, I guess I wasn't clear on it; I mean the main forum.

There are folks who don't frequent the college and mock draft forum because they don't have much time.

I thought you were talking about the "official texans forum" ..... aw hell naw.

The main section of this forum , thats not such a bad idea.

I'll double up if its needed , you and SteelB can just assign me a second team if its needed.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #35
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
On the one hand, it's harder to finalize your pick the later in the rounds, so I can understand that.

We can always set up certain guidelines to move it along faster.

For example, we can solicit members (those who haven't done much mock drafts) to be assistant to those who participate.

There are members who don't watch a lot of college balls, but they might be more familiar with some players that they watched more often.

Some were more active before, but don't have much time this year.

Things like that.

We can ask the mods to have a one-time exception to put an invitation on the main board to attract more people.

Whatcha think?
Sounds like a great Idea to me.
Old 03-19-2013   #36
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
You posted a copy of all of the daft slots for each round can you do that again?
That was actually SM that did that. He used his moderator privileges to make them locked but he could update them with the picks.

I've got a script that randomly assigns teams. Just give me which teams are up for assignment and a list of guys to assign them to and I can run that if you guys need it.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #37
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

I assigned the following people these teams, since they were open to taking any teams.

Rock-N-Randy - Baltimore/Dallas
Blake - Seattle/Jacksonville
Honoring Earl- Pittsburgh/Carolina
Senor Stan- Tennessee/Denver
Bong- Atlanta/Buffalo

If there are problems PM me and we maybe can reassign some teams.
Old 03-19-2013   #38
76Texan
Hall of Fame

We might not need to advertise in the main forum.
If somebody knows of somebody who used to be in mock drafts that has not frequented the board much, may be you can ask them if they are interested in signing up.

It's filling up fast.
Old 03-19-2013   #39
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 113798 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take San Francisco

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #40
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I'll take San Francisco
I will put you down for San Fran

If you've got time would you be interested in taking on one of the other teams that are left? Check the other thread out and get back with me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read