Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 03-18-2013   #1
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default TT Mock Draft

Now that all of the compensatory picks have been announced it's time for the TT mock draft. Super Mario usually runs the draft but hasn't been on the MB in a while. He had Mod privileges.

Who would be interested in running the TT mock draft. I dont have time or inclination to do the job?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #2
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TT Mock Draft

I want in .... I'd like to draft for the Texans .... No I dont want to run the show.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I want in .... I'd like to draft for the Texans .... No I dont want to run the show.
I will take the Cardinals

If we can find a fearless leader.
Old 03-18-2013   #4
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would like to draft for the Vikings, but I wouldn't like to run it.

NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in, if I can't get the Texans then I'll take Kansas City, and hell no to running it. I don't have the time or patience for it.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't run it, but wouldn't mind the Dolphins or Eagles.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #7
RT22
Veteran

Rep Power: 3883 RT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respectedRT22 is a quality contributor and well respected

Rams please. Thanks
RT22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-19-2013   #8
Rock N Randy
Legend

Rep Power: 5405 Rock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respectedRock N Randy is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take whoever I get assign
Love to participate but no to running it
I (with a lot of help) run HTMB member and I have one coming up April 1st
Rock N Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #9
45souf
Rookie

I would like the lions...if possible of course
45souf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I can help run the draft if somebody runs the show and tell me what to do as I've never done it before.

Normally, I have time, but usually I can't spare Saturday during day time.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I can help run the draft if somebody runs the show and tell me what to do as I've never done it before.

FWIW, weekends are traditionally down days (unless players involved are willing to make picks, in which case mod would update on Monday).

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #13
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post

I will run the draft if I can get 2-3 people to help. Also I will need a list of what the selectoin order and admin privilges to sticky the draft itself with cimments and a separate thread to display picks that have been made for rds 1-7. How would I get these privileges?
Old 03-19-2013   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 191099 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I will run the draft if I can get 2-3 people to help. Also I will need a list of what the selectoin order and admin privilges to sticky the draft itself with cimments and a separate thread to display picks that have been made for rds 1-7. How would I get these privileges?
Talk to Cak or Hookem.

I thought about volunteering but my "free time" is so eratic , sometimes early , others very late at night .... I just wouldnt be a good choice.

Looks like you get to be the fearless leader this go round!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Talk to Cak or Hookem.

I thought about volunteering but my "free time" is so eratic , sometimes early , others very late at night .... I just wouldnt be a good choice.

Looks like you get to be the fearless leader this go round!
I think anybody can pitch in, at least as back-ups.

Let's say both steelb and I know that we will be busy this afternoon, we can ask one of the back-ups to keep up with the thread for that time period.
Old 03-19-2013   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 263816 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I've helped SM with this in the past but I'm swamped at work now. Mostly all I did was help remind people of their picks.

If someone's picks were coming up, I was one of the people who would make their pick for them. For example, let's say your pick is 5 slots away, you could send me (or SM) your five top candidates and when your pick came up, we'd post it to the thread with whatever write-up or pictures you wanted... or we'd find a picture of the guy if we had to.

I'm not around enough to do that, now.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've helped SM with this in the past but I'm swamped at work now. Mostly all I did was help remind people of their picks.

If someone's picks were coming up, I was one of the people who would make their pick for them. For example, let's say your pick is 5 slots away, you could send me (or SM) your five top candidates and when your pick came up, we'd post it to the thread with whatever write-up or pictures you wanted... or we'd find a picture of the guy if we had to.

I'm not around enough to do that, now.
I thought of that; and yes, that's one of the things I can do.
Old 03-19-2013   #18
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take a team, I'm usually not terribly busy during weekdays or late at night on weekdays/weekends so if you need a backup guy to make picks I can make that happen as well.
Old 03-19-2013   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I would participate as a team's GM, but I do not have the time and dedication to mod it.

The overall lack of participation after round 1 is disheartening and chasing down disinterested GM's takes the fun out of our mock. I would suggest doubling up on teams. Finding 16 dedicated members is alot easier than 32.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
I would participate as a team's GM, but I do not have the time and dedication to mod it.

The overall lack of participation after round 1 is disheartening and chasing down disinterested GM's takes the fun out of our mock. I would suggest doubling up on teams. Finding 16 dedicated members is alot easier than 32.
On the one hand, it's harder to finalize your pick the later in the rounds, so I can understand that.

We can always set up certain guidelines to move it along faster.

For example, we can solicit members (those who haven't done much mock drafts) to be assistant to those who participate.

There are members who don't watch a lot of college balls, but they might be more familiar with some players that they watched more often.

Some were more active before, but don't have much time this year.

Things like that.

We can ask the mods to have a one-time exception to put an invitation on the main board to attract more people.

Whatcha think?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read