Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-18-2013   #1
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 53922 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with the Titans

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...al-source-says

Not sure he is much of an upgrade from Hasselback.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61582 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with the Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Younger if nothing else
Old 03-18-2013   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 106508 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

The contract the Bills gave Fitzpatrick in 2011 (6 years, $59 million, $24 guaranteed) is maybe the dumbest I've ever seen. As soon as the ink was dry, the Bills lost 8 of the final 10 games as Fitzpatrick went on to lead the league in INTs.

Moral to the story? Let your average QB hit free agency and see what his market value is.
Old 03-19-2013   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its a good signing for the meatballs. Experienced, and can start in a pinch without Geritol or Bran Flakes when Jake is injured again.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #5
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I think its a good signing for the meatballs. Experienced, and can start in a pinch without Geritol or Bran Flakes when Jake is injured again.
Personally I think Bud is confused. The old geezer thinks he signed Thomas Jones, Wil Wolford and Jim Kelly in an attempt to avenge the 35-3 debacle.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 176794 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with the Titans

... team IQ skyrockets.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

should of signed David carr
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-20-2013   #8
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

His experience will help Locker. Might start up some controversy...
Old 03-20-2013   #9
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The contract the Bills gave Fitzpatrick in 2011 (6 years, $59 million, $24 guaranteed) is maybe the dumbest I've ever seen. As soon as the ink was dry, the Bills lost 8 of the final 10 games as Fitzpatrick went on to lead the league in INTs.

Moral to the story? Let your average QB hit free agency and see what his market value is.
Agree. Please forward your recommendation to:

Reliant Stadium
Kirby Drive
Houston, Texas
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #10
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I've always been a Fitzpatrick fan so it's tough for me to see him in a Titans uniform. But he's forced me to root against him now.
Old 03-20-2013   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
I've always been a Fitzpatrick fan so it's tough for me to see him in a Titans uniform. But he's forced me to root against him now.
You like him even after that comeback he made against us when he was with the Rams?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013   #12
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
You like him even after that comeback he made against us when he was with the Rams?
That was bittersweet. I'm a die-hard Texans fan, and I still remember that game clearly. It's not like we had anything to brag about in the '05 season.

At the same time, I was happy for Fitzpatrick. I've been following his career before he was even in the NFL. I saw him compete for the starting job when he was playing for the Crimson, and I followed his journey into the NFL. That game against the Texans was his first NFL career start, and he played well.
Old 03-20-2013   #13
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryan Fitzpatrick has managed to raise the IQ of the state of Tennessee by 15 points, going from a 30 to all time high of 45 now!
Old 03-20-2013   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Eh...

If they don't know how to value their own players, they deserve what they get.
Old 03-21-2013   #15
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It was a classic overreaction by a franchise so desperate at QB that the second one got off to a decent start, they immediately dived into the deep end. It really was one of the dumbest and biggest contracts I have ever seen.

Old 03-21-2013   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 158250 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
It was a classic overreaction by a franchise so desperate at QB that the second one got off to a decent start, they immediately dived into the deep end. It really was one of the dumbest and biggest contracts I have ever seen.
I think you're underestimating the deal Mario got.
Old 03-21-2013   #17
toronto
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I think you're underestimating the deal Mario got.
Mario was a UFA - someone was going to ante up. His stats, while skewed, were certainly there and I had no doubt he was gonna get paid. Funny thing is that if it wasn't the Bills, I suspect it would have been the Titans.

This one was as self-induced as it gets - it was a mid-season move with very little pressure, other than internal. There was no reason for them to give him that much. It wasn't even market value for inflated QB contracts.

Old 03-21-2013   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109917 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
Personally I think Bud is confused. The old geezer thinks he signed Thomas Jones, Wil Wolford and Jim Kelly in an attempt to avenge the 35-3 debacle.
Andy Levitre, Shonn Green Ryan Fitzpatrick, Sammie Lee Hill The cheeseburger eating DT they need), and now Pollard makes this a pretty good off-season for you guys. I don't blame them for paying good money for a decent NFL back up with unproven Locker as starter. So far he hasn't even proven he is able to stay on the field, much less anything else.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read