Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013   #1381
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 17595 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If one more person asks if the deal is 10 or 11 million per year....pow! straight to da' moon, Alice.
What!!! we're offering him 10 or 11 million?
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1382
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

If we are paying him 5.5 per why didn't we just resign Quin? Am I missing something? How is this deal better?
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1383
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4561 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am sick of this BS dragging on and on already. I don't even want him here anymore.
Old 03-18-2013   #1384
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't think Reed wants to play in Houston. I think Baltimore let him test the market to see what he could get. Now he wants Baltimore to match what Houston offered and they won't do it. Now Reed is stuck with the prospect of playing somewhere he doesn't want to for more money or signing for less and ending his career in Baltimore. Ozzie is one smart gm. This is all just speculation on my part of course.
Old 03-18-2013   #1385
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
If we are paying him 5.5 per why didn't we just resign Quin? Am I missing something? How is this deal better?
better player makes it better deal.
Old 03-18-2013   #1386
bOODRO87
Time Consumer

Rep Power: 16277 bOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respectedbOODRO87 is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly never saw him wanting to come here. Just like Chris Myers going to Tennessee for a visit. Leverage.

2013 sure is setting up nicely.
bOODRO87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1387
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

I always felt Manning would be the best fit at free safety. He played free safety and nickel back for the Bears. It shouldn't be that hard to find a run-stopper to play strong safety.
Old 03-18-2013   #1388
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21559 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Could all you guys who are certain that Ed Reed is a scrub and all of a sudden is a worthless football player please expand on those comments? Provide some kind of substantial proof that he will not play well next year, for whoever that is?

Annoying when 'fans' spew personal sentiment all over the place all the while blinded to the football ability. Ed Reed makes plays. He will make plays next year, why wouldnt he? Wasnt he making plays in the Super Bowl? What happened in 1 month that leads anyone to believe he is not worth a shot? Crazy talk.
Old 03-18-2013   #1389
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Could all you guys who are certain that Ed Reed is a scrub and all of a sudden is a worthless football player please expand on those comments? Provide some kind of substantial proof that he will not play well next year, for whoever that is?

Annoying when 'fans' spew personal sentiment all over the place all the while blinded to the football ability. Ed Reed makes plays. He will make plays next year, why wouldnt he? Wasnt he making plays in the Super Bowl? What happened in 1 month that leads anyone to believe he is not worth a shot? Crazy talk.
Lol
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1390
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 357040 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbbc833 View Post
Aging Ed Reed had 1 less INT last year than Quin has had in his 4 year career.
Old 03-18-2013   #1391
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
It was a down year for him no doubt, but he played with some very average players all year as well.
Didn't Baltimore have CB problems this year? If we sign him he won't be the best player in our secondary. it'll be sick.
Old 03-18-2013   #1392
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Aging Ed Reed had 1 less INT last year than Quin has had in his 4 year career.
Absolutely!!!

It was important for the Texans to retain Quin, but....

and Dread-Head likes big butts and can not lie....'

I digress, Ed Reed even at his age is a significant upgrade over Quin... Quin's upside was his age. His younger age.

As an aside.....

I suggested many pages ago in this same thread, the Texans got "Leigh Boddened'd"...

At the end of the day, I'm not pannicking over losing Quin, or apparently being duped by Ed Reed. This actually happens to be a pretty strong draft class for safeties...

In other words, why wouldn't Ed Reed visit a contender who are hungry for a safety? Up his value to A) Baltimore and B) Teams that can overspend.
Old 03-18-2013   #1393
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Webb got hurt against Dallas right before they played us if I remember right and they never really could find someone to fill the void on the other side. They all just couldn't get it done. Factor in a hobbled Suggs and Ngata, aging Lewis, and suspect players around him then its no wonder that Reed didn't look great last year.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1394
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Could all you guys who are certain that Ed Reed is a scrub and all of a sudden is a worthless football player please expand on those comments?
Who said he was a scrub, or worthless?

To answer the root question of what I hope is hyperbole, all anyone said is that Quin was a better player last year. Others disagree. That's fine, but it's hard to seriously make the case that one is head and shoulders above the other.

Burn %: Quin - 48.4%, Reed 55.6%
Yds allwed rec.: Quin - 334, Reed - 457

Also, Quin was better in tackling, while Reed had 4 INTs to Quin's 2. How that translates across systems is anyone's guess, but neither one are a scrub or worthless. Neither one is head and shoulders ahead of Reed. I think Quin was the better player last year, and I think Quin will never be half the player Reed has been over his career. Do with that what you will, I guess.
Old 03-18-2013   #1395
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
And quit stalking me.
Wait, you make posts on a public forum, get called out ad then whine about someone stalking you?

Don't put crap out in Cyberspace....pretty simple...
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1396
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Didn't Baltimore have CB problems this year? If we sign him he won't be the best player in our secondary. it'll be sick.
Not really- we lost Ladarious Webb in Week 8 to an ACL- he was our best CB. Cary Williams played really ell for us down the stretch, Jimmy Smith, former 1st rder, got hurt but came on in the playoffs. Corey Graham played really well (made C Williams expendable in FA this year), and someother young guys held up well. Pollard was a beast back tere in coverage- we played 2 high or cover 2 most of the time with some single high safety (Reed) or cover zero.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1397
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Not really- we lost Ladarious Webb in Week 8 to an ACL- he was our best CB. Cary Williams played really ell for us down the stretch, Jimmy Smith, former 1st rder, got hurt but came on in the playoffs. Corey Graham played really well (made C Williams expendable in FA this year), and someother young guys held up well. Pollard was a beast back tere in coverage- we played 2 high or cover 2 most of the time with some single high safety (Reed) or cover zero.
Didn't you have Brown from Texas playing for y'all? If so then you had corner problems.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1398
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pec0sb0b View Post
I always felt Manning would be the best fit at free safety. He played free safety and nickel back for the Bears. It shouldn't be that hard to find a run-stopper to play strong safety.
Bernard Pollard?

Just kidding. My real answer is Matt Elam. Which I have been screaming for what seems like 3-4 months now.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1399
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...all-hawk-reed/

Quote:
Texans report: Houston no closer to landing ball-hawk Reed

Although general manager Rick Smith and agent David Dunn have talked about free agent free safety Ed Reed since they arrived at the league meetings, they donít appear to be closer to getting a deal done.

Obviously, Reed wants more than the Texans are offering, but theyíre limited by the salary cap. They place a value on players, and itís difficult to get them to budge.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1400
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Webb was hurt in week 6 against Dallas.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read