Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013   #1361
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Today from ESPN Kuharsky. 2yr deal $10-11 mil.????
LINK
5.5 mil per year
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1362
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

If Reed signs in Houston will we get safety riding slowly into the sunset with saddlebags full of gold or a fiery competitor wanting to show his skills?
Old 03-18-2013   #1363
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
If Reed signs in Houston will we get safety riding slowly into the sunset with saddlebags full of gold or a fiery competitor wanting to show his skills?
He'd probably want to stick it to Baltimore for not bringing him back, and show his skills.
Old 03-18-2013   #1364
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We would get the equivalent of Ken Stabler in Houston, Joe Namith in LA, and Earl Campbell in New Orleans.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1365
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
We would get the equivalent of Ken Stabler in Houston, Joe Namith in LA, and Earl Campbell in New Orleans.
yep.

The automobile equivalent - a 'slightly worn' Ferrari 250 GTO:

Old 03-18-2013   #1366
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If one more person asks if the deal is 10 or 11 million per year....pow! straight to da' moon, Alice.

I think if another team was going to get Ed Reed, it would have happened by now. Texans probably the best offer on the table.

.....According to my sources.
Old 03-18-2013   #1367
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If one more person asks if the deal is 10 or 11 million per year....pow! straight to da' moon, Alice.

I think if another team was going to get Ed Reed, it would have happened by now. Texans probably the best offer on the table.

.....According to my sources.
A couple of Ed's tweets and conversations on twitter hint he doesn't think Baltimore's offer is good enough.
Old 03-18-2013   #1368
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep.

The automobile equivalent - a 'slightly worn' Ferrari 250 GTO:

I wouldn't mind restoring Ferrari 250 GTO! It can be very valuable.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1369
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
I wouldn't mind restoring Ferrari 250 GTO! It can be very valuable.
Don't forget costly too!

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1370
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
A couple of Ed's tweets and conversations on twitter hint he doesn't think Baltimore's offer is good enough.
Right. That's what this is about, the number of 10 or 11 is for a total 2-yr deal, meaning Houston reportedly is ranging around 5.5-per year, for 2 years.

But people are getting confused and thinking it's 10 or 11 per YEAR. Granted, the wording of these reports can be confusing at first glance...but still, 10 or 11 per year would be Carwin/Eagles type of contract. LOL.

Ed might decide to just retire, too. The longer it drags out, the more he'll decide being retired sounds good.

An offer lingering on the table, with no other team really making noise or having Ed in for visits, and him stretching this out unnecessarily long like this...makes me wonder if we should pull the offer and take it as a sign that it wasn't the hot deal we first thought it was (for us).
Old 03-18-2013   #1371
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163027 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ed Reed ‏@TwentyER
Free agency it's a process that I never thought I will be get to but here we are!free

Expand
I think Ed is drunk
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1372
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Reed will end up a Texan. That's my call. I may be wrong, but its just how I see it playing out.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1373
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Right. That's what this is about, the number of 10 or 11 is for a total 2-yr deal, meaning Houston reportedly is ranging around 5.5-per year, for 2 years.

But people are getting confused and thinking it's 10 or 11 per YEAR. Granted, the wording of these reports can be confusing at first glance...but still, 10 or 11 per year would be Carwin/Eagles type of contract. LOL.

Ed might decide to just retire, too. The longer it drags out, the more he'll decide being retired sounds good.

An offer lingering on the table, with no other team really making noise or having Ed in for visits, and him stretching this out unnecessarily long like this...makes me wonder if we should pull the offer and take it as a sign that it wasn't the hot deal we first thought it was (for us).
However, our deal may be the highest Ed has on the table, which is why he's taking so long trying to see if anyone will outbid.
Old 03-18-2013   #1374
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 108923 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I think Ed is drunk
Maybe he really is Bulls on Parade's "source" then.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1375
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Don't forget costly too!
If restoring pays off or not? It is all depends on condition when purchased.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1376
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

I need some sources. Anybody know were I can find some?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1377
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Someone told me a good place are the massage parlors in town. Very nice women and well connected from what I understand.
Old 03-18-2013   #1378
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Ask ASidd1990, I'm sure he wouldn't mind giving you his. I don't think he wants them anymore.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1379
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

FWIF, from Profootballfocus:
Quote:
2. Ed Reed, Safety

In his prime there wasn’t a safety like Ed Reed. Clearly that time has passed. He would still walk away with a positive grade in coverage on the back of four interceptions and seven pass break-ups, but it was only the 17th-highest coverage grade of all safeties. Add in some sub-par run defense and too many missed tackles (15) and he was a long way from being worth the money.

2012 Cap Hit: $8.5m
2012 Performance Based Value: $2M
Value Differential: -$6.5m
BTW, PFF rates Reed as 59th of all safeties.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1380
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
FWIF, from Profootballfocus:

BTW, PFF rates Reed as 59th of all safeties.
It was a down year for him no doubt, but he played with some very average players all year as well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read