Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013   #1341
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 85708 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...d-reed-move-on

Those numbers can't be right, we are offering him 10-11 million a year? I thought it was only 6-8 million?
I think he means 10-11 million total for both years.
5 to 5.5 mil a year.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1342
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I think he means 10-11 million total for both years.
5 to 5.5 mil a year.
Yeah, article says total for 2 years.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1343
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sources close to the situation say silentassassin is being a huge dick right now.
The same sources that said we were signing Winston, Pollard and Reed last week? They are equally correct on both.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1344
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Read it again, slowly.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1345
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
The same sources that said we were signing Winston, Pollard and Reed last week? They are equally correct on both.

Mike
I think you are mistaking me for Bulls On Parade. He was the one who said that, not me.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1346
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

lol you guys get trolled so easily. He's not even really trying and some of you are probably red in the face infront of your screen.
Old 03-18-2013   #1347
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
This just in:

I have a source who just texted me that Ed Reed IS in fact back in Houston. He got in late last night. He is currently not at Reliant but is instead at the Toyota Center. He is standing in line waiting to buy tickets to the 98 show in June...
New information just in...hot off the press as it were...

My sources(note sources not a single one) have now confirmed that Ed Reed has left the Toyota Center with 98 concert tickets in hand. He is enroute to the Willowbrook Mall where he will be going to H&M to buy a new fedora for the concert. I repeat...Ed Reed has left the Toyota Center and is heading to H&M at the Willowbrook Mall to get an H&M fedora...

Stay tuned as I get more updates!!!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1348
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

F you guys, 98 are pretty cool.
Old 03-18-2013   #1349
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
lol you guys get trolled so easily. He's not even really trying and some of you are probably red in the face infront of your screen.
LMAO!!!

ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1350
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Tell them what your sources said about ed reed taking a dump within the next 24 hours.
Old 03-18-2013   #1351
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Getting back on topic...... I still think Reed signs here. Thinking about the situation more, I just don't think he would do Andre that way. He stuck his neck out there for him, and in the end I believe it'll be enough for him to come to Houston.
Do Andre what way? All he'd have to do is say to Andre: "hey man, thanks for all your help. But, Baltimore made me a better overall deal to stay."

And that would be that. Andre would understand.

Yes, I do think Reed is using the Texans as leverage, but, that doesn't mean that he's necessarily using his friendship with Andre. Was it Andre's boneheaded decision to grab the private jet and fly to Atlanta and get him, and then make a big deal about doing that in the media? I doubt it.

Reed is playing this masterfully, IMO. He's using the Texans, yet, he can also preserve his friendship with Andre.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1352
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
F you guys, 98 are pretty cool.
I take it you were in line behind him buying tickets

Old 03-18-2013   #1353
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Do Andre what way? All he'd have to do is say to Andre: "hey man, thanks for all your help. But, Baltimore made me a better overall deal to stay."

And that would be that. Andre would understand.

Yes, I do think Reed is using the Texans as leverage, but, that doesn't mean that he's necessarily using his friendship with Andre. Was it Andre's boneheaded decision to grab the private jet and fly to Atlanta and get him, and then make a big deal about doing that in the media? I doubt it.

Reed is playing this masterfully, IMO. He's using the Texans, yet, he can also preserve his friendship with Andre.
If the deal was more then I'd agree with you. If its less than what Houston offers then I can't see him doing that. Just my opinion on this one.
Old 03-18-2013   #1354
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I heard someone's sister knew a guy whose brother's friend knew someone who was working door security at Reliant that said Ed Reed is seriously thinking about considering the Texans going forward.
Old 03-18-2013   #1355
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I heard someone's sister knew a guy whose brother's friend knew someone who was working door security at Reliant that said Ed Reed is seriously thinking about considering the Texans going forward.
Seriously? Sounds pretty reliable to me.
Old 03-18-2013   #1356
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Ravens among those interested in safety michael huff as well as dallas cowboys green bay packers and tennessee titans per a league source

Ravens were extremely high on michael huff coming out of texas so their interest isn't a surprise we'll see if develops into serious pursuit

Ravens' interest in elvis dumervil is ongoing he's vouched for by lbs coach don martindale his coach in denver when he had 17 sacks in 2009
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1357
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
This just in:

I have a source who just texted me that Ed Reed IS in fact back in Houston. He got in late last night. He is currently not at Reliant but is instead at the Toyota Center. He is standing in line waiting to buy tickets to the 98 show in June...
Quote:
New information just in...hot off the press as it were...

My sources(note sources not a single one) have now confirmed that Ed Reed has left the Toyota Center with 98 concert tickets in hand. He is enroute to the Willowbrook Mall where he will be going to H&M to buy a new fedora for the concert. I repeat...Ed Reed has left the Toyota Center and is heading to H&M at the Willowbrook Mall to get an H&M fedora...

Stay tuned as I get more updates!!!
New Updates!!!

My sources, now indicate that Ed Reed has been spotted ice skating at the Galleria. He is wearing blue ice skates, a purple hat, and a white scarf....

Old 03-18-2013   #1358
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/90...d-reed-move-on

Those numbers can't be right, we are offering him 10-11 million a year? I thought it was only 6-8 million?
No, that's not right. See if this helps.
Old 03-18-2013   #1359
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Ravens among those interested in safety michael huff as well as dallas cowboys green bay packers and tennessee titans per a league source

Ravens were extremely high on michael huff coming out of texas so their interest isn't a surprise we'll see if develops into serious pursuit

Ravens' interest in elvis dumervil is ongoing he's vouched for by lbs coach don martindale his coach in denver when he had 17 sacks in 2009
Reed's playing us and Baltimore's playing Reed and the Texans are just playing along.......and hoping for the best.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1360
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Today from ESPN Kuharsky. 2yr deal $10-11 mil.????
Quote:
Ed Reed is sure acting like a guy who's hoping the Baltimore Ravens will still step up and give him the kind of deal he's looking for.

But more likely he's facing the harsh realities of an expensive, aging superstar.

ESPN.com's Ashley Fox doesn't think Reed is going to get the two-year deal with between $10 and $11 million he can have from the Houston Texans in Baltimore.

If the Ravens can move on from Ray Lewis, Anquan Boldin, Bernard Pollard, Paul Kruger and Dannell Ellerbe, they can move on from Ed Reed. Life will go on.

And really, it is time. The Ravens can cut ties with Reed, a beloved member of the franchise, and be good. They can do it with a clear conscience. They won a Super Bowl with Reed, despite all the insanity of last season, when Reed flirted with retiring or quitting or spending time with his family or whatever he was going to do.

The Ravens are loyal, but giving Ed Reed big money would be bad business.

Baltimore stood by him. It won with him. And a decade from now, when he is retired, Reed can come back with (Ray) Lewis and Boldin and Ray Rice and Joe Flacco and celebrate the 10-year anniversary of their greatest professional achievement, and there should be no bad blood. There should be cheers and roses and good feelings.

It ended the way it was supposed to, with Reed on top.

And now it should end.
LINK
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read