Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013   #1301
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Getting back on topic...... I still think Reed signs here. Thinking about the situation more, I just don't think he would do Andre that way. He stuck his neck out there for him, and in the end I believe it'll be enough for him to come to Houston.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1302
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
And quit stalking me.
It's not necessarily stalking. It requires virtually no effort to find when you use the same username across different online communities.

If you're trying to troll, maybe you can learn from this and do a better job next time.

Who knows? You might have sources and real information, but it doesn't bode well for you if you've been called out on multiple occasions in the past.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1303
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Getting back on topic...... I still think Reed signs here. Thinking about the situation more, I just don't think he would do Andre that way. He stuck his neck out there for him, and in the end I believe it'll be enough for him to come to Houston.
Agreed.

Especially if the Ravens have other free agent targets in mind. They've been linked with guys like James Harrison and Elvis Dumervil. I doubt with the limited flexibility they have, that they can gamble on Reed while keeping themselves in play for those other players.
Old 03-18-2013   #1304
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
It's not necessarily stalking. It requires virtually no effort to find when you use the same username across different online communities.

If you're trying to troll, maybe you can learn from this and do a better job next time.

Who knows? You might have sources and real information, but it doesn't bode well for you if you've been called out on multiple occasions in the past.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1305
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Are we hearing anything about the Texans even looking at anybody else? I'm fine if we actually lock Reed down or they've gotten a commitment from him but it's a little concerning if they're just sitting on their thumbs waiting for Reed to make a decision.

Still quality DB's out there to be had.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1306
silentassassin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Are we hearing anything about the Texans even looking at anybody else? I'm fine if we actually lock Reed down or they've gotten a commitment from him but it's a little concerning if they're just sitting on their thumbs waiting for Reed to make a decision.

That's kind of the position they're in at this point. Without any confirmation from Reed, they're stuck. His decision will ultimately determine what kind of moves they can make going forward.

They might have other players in mind that they're planning on going for depending on the money Reed gets if he comes here.
Old 03-18-2013   #1307
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post

Doesn't look like we are.

Heard John McClain on SR610 in the morning on my way to work.

Basically paraphrasing here since I'm at work.

1. Said the Texans would look to sign Charles Woodson on a 1 year deal to groom a rookie safety if Ed Reed doesn't sign.

2. Also said that since Watt and Cushing's deals are coming soon, they were prepared to let all FA walk and basically build through the draft. Said the Texans are scared Watt will have another big season and command big $$$.

3. Also will look to add a vet WR after the draft closer to training camp.
Old 03-18-2013   #1308
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

My source is telling me Texans are bringing Taylor Swift in for a look see.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1309
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 55298 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doesn't look like we are.

Heard John McClain on SR610 in the morning on my way to work.

Basically paraphrasing here since I'm at work.

1. Said the Texans would look to sign Charles Woodson on a 1 year deal to groom a rookie safety if Ed Reed doesn't sign.

2. Also said that since Watt and Cushing's deals are coming soon, they were prepared to let all FA walk and basically build through the draft. Said the Texans are scared Watt will have another big season and command big $$$.

3. Also will look to add a vet WR after the draft closer to training camp.
On point#2, it's nice to finally hear acknowledgement of this from the front office. It will definitely necessitate letting FA's walk, and the sacrifice will be worth it.

On point #3, adding two receivers this offseason means putting Jean back on the practice squad.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1310
silentassassin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
On point#2, it's nice to finally hear acknowledgement of this from the front office. It will definitely necessitate letting FA's walk, and the sacrifice will be worth it.

On point #3, adding two receivers this offseason means putting Jean back on the practice squad.
Not sure about Jean's PS eligibility. I think the rule is if they've played in nine reg. season games or have been on the active roster for the entire season, they're not longer eligible for PS. He'll have to fight for a spot.

I imagine it'll be similar to last offseason. They'll bring someone in to compete for jobs on the 53-man roster. Sort of like how they brought Bryant Johnson back to compete and worked out Mike Sims-Walker and Roy Williams.
Old 03-18-2013   #1311
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

I had a friend who just saw Ed Reed at a Bucee's in Houston buying scratch off tickets!
Old 03-18-2013   #1312
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
My source is telling me Texans are bringing Taylor Swift in for a look see.
I might be on board with this! As long as she has good hands.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1313
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I had a friend who just saw Ed Reed at a Bucee's in Houston buying scratch off tickets!
Seriously?
Old 03-18-2013   #1314
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

This just in:

I have a source who just texted me that Ed Reed IS in fact back in Houston. He got in late last night. He is currently not at Reliant but is instead at the Toyota Center. He is standing in line waiting to buy tickets to the 98 show in June...

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1315
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post

Are you by any chances of J.R on clutchfans?
Old 03-18-2013   #1316
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Seriously?
Seriously.

Said he would probably sign now because he hit a jackpot on "Lucky 7's"
Old 03-18-2013   #1317
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And quit stalking me.
If your informant keeps turning out to be wrong then maybe stop posting what he tells you? I don't think this is an issue of stalking, this is an issue of him providing everyone that reads what you say with a disclaimer. In my opinion you should consider watching Mrs. Cleo a few times and copy down the disclaimer she puts at the bottom of her advertisements. For entertainment value only, since you basically have the same ammount of credibility.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #1318
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 24997 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

My wife's best friend's uncle's son's cousin's friend says the Texans are going to sign Taylor Swift to be our #2 WR.
Old 03-18-2013   #1319
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
If your informant keeps turning out to be wrong then maybe stop posting what he tells you? I don't think this is an issue of stalking, this is an issue of him providing everyone that reads what you say with a disclaimer. In my opinion you should consider watching Mrs. Cleo a few times and copy down the disclaimer she puts at the bottom of her advertisements. For entertainment value only, since you basically have the same ammount of credibility.

Mike
Sources close to the situation say silentassassin is being a huge dick right now.
Old 03-18-2013   #1320
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post

Mike
Honestly, i'm starting to think he doesnt have a bad intent. He's just gulliable as **** and his friend is jacking with him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read