Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-17-2013   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chad Johnson wants be a Texan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
He's a vet minimum at this point... money won't be the issue.
Man, where have u been? Just got out the pen?

Haven't seen the wonger need food in ages....
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #22
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Man, where have u been? Just got out the pen?

Haven't seen the wonger need food in ages....

Appreciate the welcome. Go Texans!!!
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #23
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7154 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Stay away
Old 03-17-2013   #24
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench3 View Post
Stay away
Far away.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #25
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd prefer Brandon Lloyd
Old 03-17-2013   #26
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

No harm in having him take up one of the 90 spots during the offseason. If he can't keep his 'antics' in check, then he doesn't make the final roster.

Simple as that. Anyone who is aghast at the thought of what he brings to the team when Foster was until just recently a Twitter darling himself is a being a bit hypocritical.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #27
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand anyone who's against letting him come in and compete. If he's not good enough then cut him. I personally don't care for the stuff he says on twitter and I follow him. Just don't care for the language he uses at times, but if the guy can still play then give him a shot. I know he'd be the second best receiver on the team now.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #28
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I don't understand anyone who's against letting him come in and compete. If he's not good enough then cut him. I personally don't care for the stuff he says on twitter and I follow him. Just don't care for the language he uses at times, but if the guy can still play then give him a shot. I know he'd be the second best receiver on the team now.
I've got nothing against letting him come in and compete. I don't care about his off-field antics, I just don't think he can play anymore. I don't want him getting a spot on the team because he could catch a few years ago and I don't want to pay him anything but vet minimum.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #29
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I've got nothing against letting him come in and compete. I don't care about his off-field antics, I just don't think he can play anymore. I don't want him getting a spot on the team because he could catch a few years ago and I don't want to pay him anything but vet minimum.
...so let him compete for a spot and pay him vet minimum at best and see how he does? I don't think anyone here who is interested in seeing him try out wants to give him a huge deal or anything.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #30
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
...so let him compete for a spot and pay him vet minimum at best and see how he does? I don't think anyone here who is interested in seeing him try out wants to give him a huge deal or anything.
Just buy him a one-way peanut fare with no guaranteed money and see if he still has the speed, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #31
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What he said..... if he can't cut it then cut his ass...... but no one can convince me that we have more than 1 receiver better than him on our roster right now.
Old 03-17-2013   #32
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 345471 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What he said..... if he can't cut it then cut his ass...... but no one can convince me that we have more than 1 receiver better than him on our roster right now.
I think even all of our young receivers are better than him at this point.

But agree to disagree on that one.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #33
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think even all of our young receivers are better than him at this point.

But agree to disagree on that one.
Yeah, we are way off on this one there isn't even any point of debating it. Chad isn't in the league because he can be an idiot at times. Not because he can't play.
Old 03-17-2013   #34
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, we are way off on this one there isn't even any point of debating it. Chad isn't in the league because he can be an idiot at times. Not because he can't play.
He's 35 years old and his final season with the Patriots he had 15 receptions for 276 yards. I think there's a pretty good chance he can't play anymore.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #35
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I actually want to see this happen because of the inevitable blow up he'll have with Matt Schaub. Would love to see a Schaub vs Chad Johnson fight.
Old 03-17-2013   #36
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6816 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.csnhouston.com/texans/and...t-chad-johnson

Andre seems to think it's a good idear
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #37
Tesuns
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Tesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respectedTesuns is a quality contributor and well respected

If he returns punts and kickoffs.
Tesuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013   #38
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I'd prefer Brandon Lloyd
same here.
Old 03-18-2013   #39
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain ‏@McClain_on_NFL
Quote:
For those tweeting and asking if Texans are interested in Chad Johnson, the answer is no. They want to get younger and faster opposite AJ.
Thank God.....Chad Johnson has been washed up for a while.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #40
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No harm in having him take up one of the 90 spots during the offseason. If he can't keep his 'antics' in check, then he doesn't make the final roster.

Simple as that. Anyone who is aghast at the thought of what he brings to the team when Foster was until just recently a Twitter darling himself is a being a bit hypocritical.
Quote:
Because he'd be taking up one of the 90 roster spots.

I don't get why every time there's a name out there available, people always think we need to "kick the tires". Do you people even watch football? I'd rather have one of the 90 roster spots than this guy.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read