Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013   #1121
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

So when will we find out if this bloke has signed with us or not?
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #1122
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
From what I heard, at least 5 of those positions can be upgrade easily, why worry?
Oh yeah of course people on these message boards have all the solutions haha. Why in the hell am i worried
Old 03-16-2013   #1123
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Cak .... You play RT , TexanBill , You get Safety , DoubleBarrel can take Walters spot at WR , I'll play ILB and Dread can line up in Barwin's spot. We'll be just fine with a bunch of 40 somethings ....
I go to refill my bourbon and this is what I come back to. Oh well, I nominate Hookem as a Chris Myers replacement.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #1124
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
Why don't you ask your source. He's been spot on so far.
Old 03-16-2013   #1125
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Why don't you ask your source. He's been spot on so far.
Bulls on Parade?
Old 03-16-2013   #1126
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Bulls on Parade?
yeah where has he been ? I guess after making that bold statment about what he does for aliving he decided better to not show up for a while.

Maybe he makes the coffee for all the big wigs with the texans and he didnt put enough creamer in the coffee for Reed and he said "what kind of circus are you guys running here, you call this coffee" and then he left. Damn you BOP
Old 03-16-2013   #1127
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bulls on Parade?
No .... The one that told about a Matt Turk reunion that he provided no source to.

Most of us know to provide a link to source info .... Or dont post it.

Quote:
Take it with a HUGE grain of salt but someone told me that there will be a reunion between Matt Turk and the Texans.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah where has he been ? I guess after making that bold statment about what he does for aliving he decided better to not show up for a while.

Maybe he makes the coffee for all the big wigs with the texans and he didnt put enough creamer in the coffee for Reed and he said "what kind of circus are you guys running here, you call this coffee" and then he left. Damn you BOP
Maybe BOP is ASidd_1990

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #1128
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
No .... The one that told about a Matt Turk reunion that he provided no source to.
I stopped reading that post at "Matt Turk has a groupie."
Old 03-16-2013   #1129
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
I stopped reading that post at "Matt Turk has a groupie."
How could you bare the thought of missing out on the excitment of the rest of the post ???? Mind boggling really
Old 03-16-2013   #1130
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When you hear later this weekend he's signed with San Francisco.
Old 03-16-2013   #1131
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Well in that case, I guess I'll sleep like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Only problem is, when I wake up, will we have presents, or will we have Coal?
Looks like we got Coal!!!!

Alright, who was naughty?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #1132
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
All I know is Schaub is damaged goods and will never lead the Texans to a championship. Remember I was a Schaub guy who still likes Schaub as a person/leader. I've got my doubts that Schaub will make it through next season.
I've got no doubt Schaub will play as well next year as he did last year, which was on par for how he played through most of his career. Unfortunately, we need the Matt Schaub from 2009 & I don't think we'll ever see that guy again. Maybe if we get him a true weapon to go with Andre that not only stretches the field (like Jacoby) but demands coverage & respect (un-like Jacoby).

But I do wonder, if we had a Peyton Manning, or a Tom Brady, would Reed have left? Then again, Greg Jennings chose Christian Ponder over Aaron Rogers.
Old 03-16-2013   #1133
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12817 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I've got no doubt Schaub will play as well next year as he did last year, which was on par for how he played through most of his career. Unfortunately, we need the Matt Schaub from 2009 & I don't think we'll ever see that guy again. Maybe if we get him a true weapon to go with Andre that not only stretches the field (like Jacoby) but demands coverage & respect (un-like Jacoby).

But I do wonder, if we had a Peyton Manning, or a Tom Brady, would Reed have left? Then again, Greg Jennings chose Christian Ponder over Aaron Rogers.
Jennings and reed both have a ring. They're looking for the payday now.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #1134
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

It wouldn't surprise me if the Texans are trying to low ball.......with heavy "incentives" to be built into the contract to cover a possible downturn in production or injury in these, his later playing years........just a thought as to why there may be such a lag in trying to sign him.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #1135
Ktexan68
Rookie

Rep Power: 49 Ktexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respectedKtexan68 is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with you but we won't sign him using that strategy and that might be a good thing.
Ktexan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #1136
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if the Texans are trying to low ball.......with heavy "incentives" to be built into the contract to cover a possible downturn in production or injury in these, his later playing years........just a thought as to why there may be such a lag in trying to sign him.
I've stated the same thing earlier on.

If we're at around 5 and he's at around 6 or even upwards of possibly 7...then I think it's reasonable, given his age and situation, to tell him we'll go 6 and he can earn an extra $500k per year IF we make the playoffs and IF he's played percentage of games and IF he's playing in the playoffs. The moment he finishes game 1 of the playoffs, he gets an extra $500k. Same thing in 2014.

I think that's fair. Welker got around 6, we're offering same deal with a potential for an extra $500k each season if things go the way it should. Ed knows we're capable of making the playoffs.

He wants to work out in Florida? Fine. Big damn deal. He's been doing it forever now. Makes him happy, then so be it.

Skip OTAs and take it easy in camp? Absolutely, Ed. Rest and read the playbook with your teammates during meetings.

This could still happen. I think AJ is trying all he can to get it done, so there's some good possibility that the front office might have had this as an ace up their sleeve if Team Reed rejected our lowest offer. What do you think?
Old 03-16-2013   #1137
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Not news:

There's a bit of drama that circles Ed Reed. Not unusual for him to take his time, stretch things out. He was eternally unhappy with his being disrespected by the Ravens organization all last offseason. Lot's of "Will he or won't he?" media. Yada, yada, yada.

However it works out will be fine.
A that 'disrespect' was self induced by Reed. He had a yar left on his contract, he talked about the Organization not 'honoring' the cntracts because they can cut a player at any tme; yet he was the one whining for a new deal when he had a year left- how about honoring your end of the bargain Ed?

He did and he got paid all this past year. Now he is free to go out and see what is available.

Caveat Emptor
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #1138
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If that's the case, then the details of his contract has been grossly overstated.
$6.8 + $14.8 + $29 = $50.6M, but that's counting portions of the $29M bonus twice since some of it should already be built into his cap hits for the first two years.
The back end ofthe contract should be ignored- it will be re-structured after year 3 so it doesn't really count. Here are the total numbers forthe three years that count-

Year Salary Bonus Options Cap hit
2013 $1mill $5mill $0 $6.8mill

2014 $6mill $5.8mill $3mill $14.8mill

2015 $4mill $5.8mill $4.75mill $14.55mill
Old 03-16-2013   #1139
handswarmer
All Pro

Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora
Ownership from Texans, Ravens expect to meet with Ed Reed's agent at league mtg in AZ next week, Ravens coaches and officials have been...
Old 03-16-2013   #1140
handswarmer
All Pro

Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

(Cont) Other teams still calling as well to inquire. Likely to come together at meetings. Ravens will make their push.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read