Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2013   #13
pec0sb0b
on the lam

Rep Power: 2716 pec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respectedpec0sb0b is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Free Agents we should look at

Sharpton will probably start next to Cushing. Karlos Dansby or Dan Connor could provide depth at ILB to replace Dobbins and/or Ruud in rotation with Sharpton. Brad Jones could start at ILB next to Cushing but they won't pay for him. I think they realize they need someone with better cover skills than Sharpton next to Cushing who also becomes a free-agent next year so they'll probably draft at ILB.

They'll probably pick up an outside pass-rusher in the draft. No, they won't pay for Elvis Dumervil.

With Rashad Butler presumably gone, they'll need a body at right tackle. I still find it hard to see Newton, a seventh round pick, as the answer. I wouldn't mind seeding Winston return. Andre Smith from Cincinnati could probably start but would probably cost too much. Perhaps a rookie could be platooned with Newton. They may well re-sign Ryan Harris and stand pat.

Ed Reed is over-rated. They should draft a strong-safety in the second or third round and move Manning to free-safety, his natural position, re-sign Demps and another body to help, like Corey Lynch, also a great special-teams player, or maybe Michael Huff as he can play both spots.

There aren't any free-agent receivers out there that I see as starters, perhaps Michael Spurlock from San Diego.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read