Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013   #1101
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yall get to be the players and the coaches, WTF. I guess i'll just host On Dem Ho's with Ellisunit
Ellis you get to beat the dog snot out of josh ennis and talk about the new team on the radio.
Old 03-15-2013   #1102
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Cak .... You play RT , TexanBill , You get Safety , DoubleBarrel can take Walters spot at WR , I'll play ILB and Dread can line up in Barwin's spot. We'll be just fine with a bunch of 40 somethings ....
Dude, you have 50 lbs on me and at least a foot of wingspan. You get RT and I'm taking ILB.

Actually we should get Vinny at RT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Don't worry. He has a birth certificate from Hawai'i.
For once someone has a humorous birther joke.
Old 03-15-2013   #1103
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Ellis you get to beat the dog snot out of josh ennis and talk about the new team on the radio.
Better than washing yalls jock straps i suppose
Old 03-15-2013   #1104
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Safety isn't even the biggest hole on this defense, but ILB is. Now that Brooks Reed is staying outside, who do we have lining up next to Cushing? Is Cushing going to be 100% ever? I think it's foolish if the Texans are counting on Cushing to take most of the snaps on defense. It's a prescription for another injury. We also don't have a starter on nose tackle
You have it backwards, NT is the biggest hole on defense. 68% of Opposing teams runs are between the two guards against our defense. Not having a NT that can change that is a prescription for getting both our inside LB's injured. We need someone there (NT) that can protect our LB's and force things outside.

That's why our ILB's couldn't stay healthy last year.
Old 03-15-2013   #1105
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
You have it backwards, NT is the biggest hole on defense. 68% of Opposing teams runs are between the two guards against our defense. Not having a NT that can change that is a prescription for getting both our inside LB's injured. We need someone there (NT) that can protect our LB's and force things outside.

And a occasional illegal chop block from behind right at the knee
Old 03-15-2013   #1106
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So I guess the Niners are incompetent boobs just being played because they didn't get a deal done with Woodson. Some of y'all really need to chill.
Come on Cak. The 49ers have made some decent aquisitions already.
Anquan Boldin and Glenn Dorsey.
Old 03-15-2013   #1107
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Come on Cak. The 49ers have made some decent aquisitions already.
Anquan Boldin and Glenn Dorsey.
And we got Gardner the main man. When you make signing like that who else do you need
Old 03-15-2013   #1108
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Dude, you have 50 lbs on me and at least a foot of wingspan. You get RT and I'm taking ILB.

Actually we should get Vinny at RT.

For once someone has a humorous birther joke.
That was the irony of it all .... the smallest among us at NT (Jen) and You at RT.

Yeah Nitro that was funny ... But I like Powda's idea better for EU .... let him b!tchslap Josh around and talk about how bad it is to go from 12-4 to 8-8.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1109
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was the irony of it all .... the smallest among us at NT (Jen) and You at RT.

Yeah Nitro that was funny ... But I like Powda's idea better for EU .... let him b!tchslap Josh around and talk about how bad it is to go from 12-4 to 8-8.
Oooh, I'll be a "starving, unpaid intern" if I get to slap Josh -whinyboy-Innis around.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1110
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I can agree with that.
Old 03-15-2013   #1111
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Speaking of NTs, why no buzz on F/A Cody?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1112
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah but Jen is a French Bulldog, aka ankle biter. That's pretty much a cut block champion.
Old 03-15-2013   #1113
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

I didn't really care if he signed one way or another. I will however balk if he's signed for anything over a 6 million average. I'm seriously ok with saving future cap room to resign our core players in the coming offseason
Old 03-15-2013   #1114
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
I don't see Schaub's contract as a huge issue. They obviously felt confident that he's going to be their QB for at least 2 more years. There is no alternative to him at the moment (I like TJ, but I don't think he's the replacement). And he can be cut after 2013 season without any or much of a hit to the cap. So, what's the problem?
10.5 mil may not be much in your world. But in mine that's a whoooooole!!!! lot of $$$$$.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1115
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

It could be worse. We could be denver.

Seriously though...Why not bring in dumerville? Before I gave reed 7 mil I would give it to dumerville and move brooks reed inside. Is merciless and dumerville too much of a liability on the outside?

Just occurred to me.

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1116
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
10.5 mil may not be much in your world. But in mine that's a whoooooole!!!! lot of $$$$$.
How much do you think a proven NFL QB cost?

How much do you think a QB that can carry a team cost?

Can you find one available?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1117
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
It could be worse. We could be denver.

Seriously though...Why not bring in dumerville? Before I gave reed 7 mil I would give it to dumerville and move brooks reed inside. Is merciless and dumerville too much of a liability on the outside?

Just occurred to me.

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
The opponents now can run around the edges as well as up the middle, I would think.
Old 03-15-2013   #1118
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
So heres what we basically looking at

We need a starting

Safety
LB
#2 WR
FB
RT
RG
NT

Ok going off of that and that is not including the back ups and extra TE we appear to be "screwed"

To put it lightly we better hope all our picks pan out and even trade for mr irrelevant and hop he is the next Arian Foster type player. No sweat in Rick Smith we trust aye.....
From what I heard, at least 5 of those positions can be upgrade easily, why worry?
Old 03-15-2013   #1119
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Obviously 10MM in dead money isn't optimal, but that scenario would only happen if Schaub is cut and they're drafting his replacement. There's also 4MM in cap savings which is enough to pay a potential rookie QB, even a first rounder.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #1120
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
How much do you think a proven NFL QB cost?

How much do you think a QB that can carry a team cost?

Can you find one available?
All I know is Schaub is damaged goods and will never lead the Texans to a championship. Remember I was a Schaub guy who still likes Schaub as a person/leader. I've got my doubts that Schaub will make it through next season.

Unfortunately the Texans need to draft and develop the next guy to try to lead them to a championship. Bray would be my guy. How do you feel about Keenum possibly being the Guy?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read