Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013   #1081
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
So heres what we basically looking at

We need a starting

Safety
LB
#2 WR
FB
RT
RG
NT

Ok going off of that and that is not including the back ups and extra TE we appear to be "screwed"

To put it lightly we better hope all our picks pan out and even trade for mr irrelevant and hop he is the next Arian Foster type player. No sweat in Rick Smith we trust aye.....
Yeah there's no way we're filling all those holes in one off season. And yes as of today it looks like we are screwed. But hey, it's not my job that's on the line. If I'm McNair I'm probably not really happy right now with what's been happening over the last few days.
Old 03-15-2013   #1082
G27RR
WATTch Out!

Rep Power: 2211 G27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respectedG27RR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So I guess the Niners are incompetent boobs just being played because they didn't get a deal done with Woodson. Some of y'all really need to chill.

Word.

Image courtesy of False Start
G27RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1083
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We need a starting

Safety
LB
#2 WR
FB
RT
RG
NT

Ok going off of that and that is not including the back ups and extra TE we appear to be "screwed"

To put it lightly we better hope all our picks pan out and even trade for mr irrelevant and hop he is the next Arian Foster type player. No sweat in Rick Smith we trust aye.....
Starting fullbacks are not that hard to come by. Don't need a starting nt, og, ot. We just need a starting inside linebacker, a #2 receiver and a safety.
Old 03-15-2013   #1084
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I don't want another journeyman type again. Bradie James was **** last year and Dobbins was decent against the run. I'm of the opinion that they not only need 1 but 2 good ILBs now. You can never have enough linebackers for this defense and when your #1 guy is coming off an acl, it's imperative to have a good group of guys behind him. The safety position is a hole now and it is a big hole, but if you don't have a good front 7 then it doesn't matter who you have back there, you're going to get burned for big plays consistently.
I dont disagree with the bottom line .... Just remembering all the piss poor safety play we saw before Quin and Manning and I think Quin is a much better player than any of the ILB's not named Cushing.

They lost at least one significant player at every level of the defense - Cody , Barwin , James , Dobbins and Quin.
Im really wondering how Smith pieces together this defense with such limited cap space.

I mentioned this in the Mock Draft section a while back .... But I could see them starting Earl Mitchell with Crick being his primary backup at the NT spot rather than spending significant money in FA or a premium draft choice on the NT spot ....

This is going to be a really interesting offseason ... and I could see them taking a big step back if Rick Smith doesnt figure out how to replace all the production lost to FA and cutting Walter. I dont know that they can spend significant money or draft choices on each position of need ....

This roster is full of holes right now on both sides of the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Starting fullbacks are not that hard to come by. Don't need a starting nt, og, ot. We just need a starting inside linebacker, a #2 receiver and a safety.
They are woefully thin at OT right now ..... add to that Newton coming off of surgery and the need for an OT seems significant to me.

Games are won and lost in the trenches .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1085
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We need a starting

Safety
LB
#2 WR
FB
RT
RG
NT

We have Klutz at FB.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1086
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
hmmm newton coming off surgery,,,,well were you happy with the offensive line last season ???

Screw it i guess we just get a bunch of scrubs to fill all these spots like we did with the oline. We should be golden then
Old 03-15-2013   #1087
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We need a starting

Safety
LB
#2 WR
FB
RT
RG
NT

No. Brooks can start RG and if healthy Newton is our starting RT. Mitchell has been rumored to be starting Nose ( I disagree). They signed Clutts for a reason at FB but Casey was just more in tuned with that position having played it. Clutts could be our starter; if not, a late round or UDFA could do job. We will see a lot of rookie play but that might not be so bad depending on whom we select. I still think we will be better in 2013.
Old 03-15-2013   #1088
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
We have Klutz at FB.
Oh the one who Kubiak wouldnt even play when we had 1 TE and 1 FB against the patriots haha. That one ?
Old 03-15-2013   #1089
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Foster is not getting paid more than $5.25 m that is it. He might earn $500,000 in "other bonus". We had this same type conversation on another thread where you jump to what you want to talk about rather than what is being talked about by posters. His 2013 cap is $8.25 m and his average over life of contract is $8.7 m so you are wrong there also.
Stick with the draft because you suck at apples to apples conversations on cap issues. Looking at Foster's base salary and comparing it to an average demand is asinine.

Fine, pay Reed $1 mil in salary and an $8 mil signing bonus with a 2nd year salary of $6 mil and his first year cap hit is under your specious $5.25 orange comparison.

As to your last sentence, do you truly not understand the difference between one year of a contract and average?
Old 03-15-2013   #1090
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
hmmm newton coming off surgery,,,,well were you happy with the offensive line last season ???

Screw it i guess we just get a bunch of scrubs to fill all these spots like we did with the oline. We should be golden then
Cak .... You play RT , TexanBill , You get Safety , DoubleBarrel can take Walters spot at WR , I'll play ILB and Dread can line up in Barwin's spot. We'll be just fine with a bunch of 40 somethings ....

Old 03-15-2013   #1091
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Cak .... You play RT , TexanBill , You get Safety , I'll player ILB and Dread can line up in Barwin's spot. We'll be just fine with a bunch of 40 somethings ....
Would prob work out about as well as its going to work out.
Old 03-15-2013   #1092
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cak .... You play RT , TexanBill , You get Safety , DoubleBarrel can take Walters spot at WR , I'll play ILB and Dread can line up in Barwin's spot. We'll be just fine with a bunch of 40 somethings ....
I'll punt
Old 03-15-2013   #1093
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I'll punt
And we'll have Jen play the nose ....

Old 03-15-2013   #1094
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

I'll take Kubiaks spot, i have played a lot of madden. Surely i can call some pass plays when we're losing. That right there would throw me in a class above him all together
Old 03-15-2013   #1095
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I just have a gut feeling, it aint happenin'.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1096
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And we'll have Jen play the nose ....
Somebody dependable needs to manage challenges. Thats worth 1 win right there.
Old 03-15-2013   #1097
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
I just have a gut feeling, it aint happenin'.
Ur Right Bill at safety would be a stretch
Old 03-15-2013   #1098
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'll take Kubiaks spot, i have played a lot of madden. Surely i can call some pass plays when we're losing. That right there would throw me in a class above him all together
You aint old enough for the position .... gotta be over 40!

Old 03-15-2013   #1099
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Yall get to be the players and the coaches, WTF. I guess i'll just host On Dem Ho's with Ellisunit
Old 03-15-2013   #1100
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't worry. He has a birth certificate from Hawai'i.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read