Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013   #1041
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Jacoby had his issues, but he was nowhere near the distraction that Ochocinco was for the Bengals. Jacoby right now is a much better player than Chad has been in a few years.
Yeah part of my point, not texan worthy
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1042
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Boy did you smell this one. This was definitely their Casserly moment.
And if Reed agrees? Don't give us an excuse to point out how silly you are before anything is settled.

If Reed signs, he signs. If he doesn't, we'll find somebody else. The defeatism and misplaced anger here on this forum over this is hilarious.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1043
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
This is me in real life... sporting the Ninja facepaint and ready to pull out my sword.

You know, from the front that looks like a David Carr jersey.
Old 03-15-2013   #1044
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If rumors are true that we wanted $5 mill-per and Ed wanted closer to an average of around $6 or $7 mill-per....then, yeah it's over.

For us, that $1 or $2 mill is vital for other needs.
This is why I didn't want to sign him. Sounded like that's what he wanted and it would be stupid to give it to him.

I was ok with a cheap price, but even 5 mil makes me nervous.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1045
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59514 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
You know, from the front that looks like a David Carr jersey.
Not the mention the guy in the back sporting the #99 WALL jersey....the hell
Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1046
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance87 View Post
Not the mention the guy in the back sporting the #99 WALL jersey....the hell
Lol.
Old 03-15-2013   #1047
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Reed leaving Reliant Stadium without a signed contract just shows that the Texans ARE NOT committed to bringing a Super Bowl trophy to Houston. Boo to Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak. We are in cap trouble, have more holes than we had at the end of the season and Schaub is going to be here for the next couple of years.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1048
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I told you that you might be the one who is right all along!

Ha ha! You were like a ninja, out of the darkness came a blowdart right into our neck and we thought it was a mosquito bite.....then we wondered why we fell down on the floor, convulsed for awhile, then slipped into peaceful sleep.

Nitro ninja'd us. And 98% of you guys never saw him do it.

But I did. I nodded to the ninja, he nodded back in mutual respect, and I walked away with my life that night. I now live to tell the story of that fateful night that NitroGSXR slipped into our master's dwelling and left only one standing...me.
Geez, it's barely past 6 in the evening and you're already into ..... well, whatever it is you get into when you want to get twisted.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1049
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
And if Reed agrees? Don't give us an excuse to point out how silly you are before anything is settled.
Dude, I've got over 11,000 posts to point out my silliness. And there's plenty more where that came from. Wait until I say something that really upsets you before getting your panties in a bunch.
Old 03-15-2013   #1050
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
Ed Reed leaving Reliant Stadium without a signed contract just shows that the Texans ARE NOT committed to bringing a Super Bowl trophy to Houston. Boo to Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak. We are in cap trouble, have more holes than we had at the end of the season and Schaub is going to be here for the next couple of years.
So the Texans aren't committed to win because they didn't sign Reed to a big contract? Though you believe the team is in cap trouble? See any conflict between those two statements?
Old 03-15-2013   #1051
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
My sources tell me he's going to New England. My Sources are coming from my gut.
Pats just signed Cardinals Safety Wilson
Old 03-15-2013   #1052
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Dude, I've got over 11,000 posts to point out my silliness. And there's plenty more where that came from. Wait until I say something that really upsets you before getting your panties in a bunch.
Funniest post I've seen in a looong time!
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1053
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
If rumors are true that we wanted $5 mill-per and Ed wanted closer to an average of around $6 or $7 mill-per....then, yeah it's over.

For us, that $1 or $2 mill is vital for other needs. And frankly this possibly Ed trying for a big deal with the Texans, cashing in a favor of Andre Johnson to take a run at joining our team at the same time. Two birds with one stone. After this, our front office should tell AJ to stop the twitter invitations to his pals out there (psssst! It doesn't work out well for us, Andre.).
Well, let's think about this. It's not my money, so I really don't care. Aj is saying he is willing to restructure, so more or less, it's his money. If he is saying he will restructure his contract so they can bring Ed Reed in...... Let's say Andre restructures to clear another $10M over 2 years... that's Reed, plus $3M/yr for the next two.

I'm not saying I want to pay him $7M. I really don't care how much they pay. But like Quin & Barwin, sometimes it just has to "sound" like $7M/yr. Throw Flacco in there too.

We could sign him to a 3yr $21M contract ($7M/yr) But guarantee him $8M over the next two years plus incentives.
Old 03-15-2013   #1054
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Quote:
On Ed Reed, his plan is to be patient with this, as much as he can be ... No plans to visit anyone else at this point, but that could change
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1055
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well, let's think about this. It's not my money, so I really don't care. Aj is saying he is willing to restructure, so more or less, it's his money. If he is saying he will restructure his contract so they can bring Ed Reed in...... Let's say Andre restructures to clear another $10M over 2 years... that's Reed, plus $3M/yr for the next two.
Well, restructuring really isn't the same thing as taking a pay cut. Any player is willing to restructure because it's putting more money in his pocket now, and potentially guaranteeing future unguaranteed salary. So, AJ really isn't sacrificing anything by restructuring.

If the Texans FO thinks that ER is the kind of piece that puts them over the top and helps them be a real contender, then they'll restructure someone and will pay him his 7MM. If not, then they won't. It might be an indication of what they really think the position that this team is in.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1056
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be awesome if they could start making championship type moves, but that would be too much to ask.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1057
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
This is me in real life... sporting the Ninja facepaint and ready to pull out my sword.

I know a few people in the background, but up with that crazy sumbitch in the fore??
Old 03-15-2013   #1058
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I said it like 29 pages ago, we got Leigh Bodden'd.... but too a much worse degree.
Old 03-15-2013   #1059
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post

If Reed signs, he signs. If he doesn't, we'll find somebody else. The defeatism and misplaced anger here on this forum over this is hilarious.
Chill, this is the off season, it can get really weird here at times.
Old 03-15-2013   #1060
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 6349 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
The Texans signing a 35 year old safety to a 7 million a year contract would indicate the FO is brain dead. You did read that Ed Reed wanted a bigger contract, right? Boo to you for being such a reactionary, low-information fan.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read