Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013   #1001
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

For what it's worth, Chad might just be talking about this, but don't let me stop you guys from losing it over the thought of him across from Andre.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1002
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Jacoby had his issues, but he was nowhere near the distraction that Ochocinco was for the Bengals. Jacoby right now is a much better player than Chad has been in a few years.
I'm sure AJ would keep him in check, a couple of haymakers and its done. Just ask Innegan, he aint mess with AJ after that..
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1003
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
That's because he's leaving out the bulk of the contract.

http://www.overthecap.com/cap.php?Na...QB&Team=Ravens

2016: $28,550,000
2017: $31,150,000
2018: $24,750,000
I'm referring to the first three years. The article & a couple just like it are saying Flacco is going to earn $51M the first two years & $62 over the first three.

Maybe they meant to say he'll receive $62M over the first three years, but even if that's true, handswarmer can't be right about Flacco's cap number.

Edit: Let me go over it again, but it looks like they're counting his prorated bonus & his bonus as money received.
Old 03-15-2013   #1004
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jacoby had his issues, but he was nowhere near the distraction that Ochocinco was for the Bengals. Jacoby right now is a much better player than Chad has been in a few years.
Signing CJ to a 1 yr deal as a prove it signing and then draft another wr .
I would be all for guys competing to make the team.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1005
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Chad can't touch Jacoby. Will never be a Texan.

What does Omer Asik have to do with this?

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1006
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets go after Dumerville. Denver messed up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...6213--nfl.html
Old 03-15-2013   #1007
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So what does Omer Asik have to do with this?

ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1008
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Right, Chad is not Texans' worthy.
Old 03-15-2013   #1009
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm not sure what you're saying here, I think you're talking about Dumerville. If you are, I think that's a good point. Why would Dumerville take a paycut he'll get paid if he hits free agency. This dude just came off a double digit sack year for the third time in a 6 year career.

Then Philly gets Barwin to ink a deal where he's only getting $4.5M over the first three years of the deal. Only $8Million guaranteed over the first 2 years, then you can cut him at no cost. I see no reason we couldn't afford to pay Connor $4.5M/yr. & if Rick Smith offered Connor something similar before 2012 & couldn't seal the deal..... I mean, c'mon guys. The writing is on the wall.

& if Quin is signing deals similar to what we would've/should've/could've offered??? I'm sorry (not really) but the man (Smith) has a lot to prove.
I was talking about Elway compared to Smith initially as a joke towards someone else. Of course I was talking positive about Elway & someone felt the need to state he screwed up w/ Dumervil by allowing him to become a FA by not getting his new reduced contract to the league in time. It remains to he seen what happens next based on the speculation, but it doesn't erase what Elway has accomplished w/ his team imo.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1010
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm referring to the first three years. The article & a couple just like it are saying Flacco is going to earn $51M the first two years & $62 over the first three.

Maybe they meant to say he'll receive $62M over the first three years, but even if that's true, handswarmer can't be right about Flacco's cap number.

Edit: Let me go over it again, but it looks like they're counting his prorated bonus & his bonus as money received.
Ah, I see what you meant now. Yeah, signing bonuses are always reported as what the player received that year, like when Arian Foster got ~18m last year for signing his new deal. 6m in salary + 12m signing bonus. Cap hits are separate from that, it's just a context issue.

Although, the Flacco deal overall is crazy. His guaranteed money and salary structure is completely unmanageable after the 3rd year, and it just begs for a restructuring+extension. I like Flacco, but I don't think for a moment that he's worth the kind of money he got in that deal.
Old 03-15-2013   #1011
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post

Would be great here but if Hou can't afford Barwin how could they afford Elvis?
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1012
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It might keep Schaub "Motivated"
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1013
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 12818 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

/thread

He ain't coming. Nothing to see here fellas.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1014
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Would be great here but if Hou can't afford Barwin how could they afford Elvis?
I know. It would cost $8 million. Way out of our range.
Old 03-15-2013   #1015
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 6477 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I know. It would cost $8 million. Way out of our range.
Elvis @ 8 million > Barwin @ 6
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1016
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, that's the most animated & excited I've ever seen/heard AJ -- not much by other standards, but for AJ it was a outright 'happy dance'.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1017
Rufus Jarvis
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Rufus Jarvis is a quality contributor and well respectedRufus Jarvis is a quality contributor and well respectedRufus Jarvis is a quality contributor and well respectedRufus Jarvis is a quality contributor and well respectedRufus Jarvis is a quality contributor and well respectedRufus Jarvis is a quality contributor and well respectedRufus Jarvis is a quality contributor and well respectedRufus Jarvis is a quality contributor and well respectedRufus Jarvis is a quality contributor and well respectedRufus Jarvis is a quality contributor and well respectedRufus Jarvis is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard, listened and watched everything yesterday waiting for news to drop about if Reed was signing with Houston.

I've been out of pocket today and have not heard anything besides Reed left Houston without a deal being done.

Can someone catch me up here?

Are the Texans and Reed still negotiating?

Is Charles Woodson still an option?

Is there any real interest from the Texans with WR Chad Johnson?

For the most part, I'm just looking to get up-to-speed on whats going on with Reed and the Texans because I haven't been around a computer a lot today.

Thanks!
Rufus Jarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1018
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
If only you knew what I do you'd jump for joy right now. I'll just say that I hope you like Ed Reed, Bernard Pollard and Eric Winston. There's going to be a trifecta signing going down tomorrow. I think the Texans are positioning themselves nicely well before the draft. Enjoy the evening guys. Let's call it a Friday of champions here in Houston!
Yeah, about this?

I had the feeling you were kidding, but did you really have to get our hopes up at the same time?
You lost a ton of credibility with this one.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1019
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes. Maybe. No.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #1020
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Okay, that's the most animated & excited I've ever seen/heard AJ -- not much by other standards, but for AJ it was a outright 'happy dance'.

Inquiring minds wanna know what this is about.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read