Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2013   #41
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2nd player announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCountry View Post
Yea I feel the same way! Was with him until last season. He proved to me at least he's not a big lights qb. I feel a Ryan Fitzpatrick coming on
I'd be fine with that. He's a better QB than what the Bills made him into, IMO.

He's known for being very cerebral, which Kubiak wants in his "Yes Sir, No Risky Moves, Sir!" QBs. Just need to identify the pre-snap look, then make the high percentage throw. That's it. And Schaub is on the ropes here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
Via CSN AJ also has been recruiting Chad Johnson to come to the Texans.
OK, well...look, that's just been AJ being AJ and has no implication on anything at all. There's zero chance of that happening, not even if CJ was available for $1.99 or $2.15 max. And I'm not talking millions. Not even thousands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Yeah, but what about the chemistry between Pollard and Kareem Jackson. They also have worked together. I think I'd rather sit in a room with a mixture of bleach and ammonia, rather than watch those two work together in the Texans' secondary.
Whuh? Come on now, you jest...surely you jest!

That was 2010 under David Gibbs. Everybody looked like hammered dog ****, Dale. Everybody. KJ is miles beyond his 2010 self. And so is Pollard.

The only thing I dislike about Pollard is knack for getting the occasional 15-yarder for going too strong on the hits. But that's it. The guy is fine, so is Reed, and them and KJ would all three be fine together.

It'd be a hellacious secondary, maybe the best ever in Houston.
Old 03-15-2013   #42
TexanCR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
You and about every texan fan. So dont feel bad i was a big Schaub Supporter until last season.
Dont count me in those " every texan fan" I still think Schaub can get it done if you give him somebody else to pass the ball beside AJ and OD! how do you expect a QB to succeed if the coach always tells him to throw the ball to the people that everybody knows will be thrown to? Give him a legit WR2 another good catching TE or a good slot WR and give him some freedom Kubiak please! You suck at play calling and you are dragging the whole offense with you, even worst, you are throwing Schaub under the bus so most fans will be against him.
TexanCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #43
TexansCountry
Rookie

Section: anywhere i can get tickets
Rep Power: 0 TexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respected

back on the first player announced lol i think we just got used big time. on to the next one before its to late. i really dont want to head into next season with a rookie safety or even worse keo
Old 03-15-2013   #44
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!

@HoustonTexans
The Texans have signed restricted free agent T Andrew Gardner

lol
Old 03-15-2013   #45
TexanCR
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanCR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!

@HoustonTexans
The Texans have signed restricted free agent T Andrew Gardner

lol
Championship!!!
TexanCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCountry View Post
i think we just got used big time.
So you think Reed never had any intention of considering playing for the Texans? I guess you think AJ was complicit as well.

Damn people, it isn't over yet and even if it never happens it doesn't mean Reed "used" the Texans. The Texans would be stupid to not have a limit on what they are willing to pay and Reed would be stupid not to check on what other teams are willing to pay.
Old 03-15-2013   #47
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
So you think Reed never had any intention of considering playing for the Texans? I guess you think AJ was complicit as well.

Damn people, it isn't over yet and even if it never happens it doesn't mean Reed "used" the Texans. The Texans would be stupid to not have a limit on what they are willing to pay and Reed would be stupid not to check on what other teams are willing to pay.
i say screw Reed lets use that money on Dumerville.
Old 03-15-2013   #48
TexansCountry
Rookie

Section: anywhere i can get tickets
Rep Power: 0 TexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
i like that idea. but i doubt it would happen
Old 03-15-2013   #49
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I would be more than happy with that. Frankly I think it would be a better signing.

I am just tired of this crap that Reed is playing the Texans like the Texans are just too stupid to realize these players we don't sign have no intention of signing with us. I think it is foolish fan commentary and nothing more.

PS - for the Ryan Fitzpatrick people, pull your Schaub hating heads out of your butts. Fitzpatrick's best results don't come close to Schaub's worst. Fitz is about to find a clipboard to hold.
Old 03-15-2013   #50
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Casey Hampton apparently is an option. He's told a few friends he wants to end his career in Texas.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #51
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Pollard could be a cheap hire (maybe) but I doubt the Texans need him; that would be over the top.

Winston is too rich (probably); so maybe Casey Hampton.
Could he play ilb next to Cush?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #52
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
PS - for the Ryan Fitzpatrick people, pull your Schaub hating heads out of your butts. Fitzpatrick's best results don't come close to Schaub's worst. Fitz is about to find a clipboard to hold.
They can't be serious. Chalk it up to the green beer talking.
Old 03-15-2013   #53
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I bet Gardner was bummed when he found out that Rick wasn't bringing him on stage after Ed Reed, since Ed wound up Car Washing his way back to the east coast today.

Ruined his big day.
Old 03-16-2013   #54
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would be more than happy with that. Frankly I think it would be a better signing.

I am just tired of this crap that Reed is playing the Texans like the Texans are just too stupid to realize these players we don't sign have no intention of signing with us. I think it is foolish fan commentary and nothing more.
I think since we've been burned a couple of times it's led people to have that jumpy feeling. Those were all guys (Pace, Bodden, Nnamdi maybe) that would have been coming to a bad team. This is a good team that has a lot of pieces in place for a SB run. Players aren't going to use us to get more money. They might sign elsewhere, but if Reed was in town it was because he is interested. He might still sign.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #55
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Antoine Winfield
If Reed doesn't sign I could see Winfield or Woodson playing S for the Texans next season.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #56
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If Reed doesn't sign I could see Winfield or Woodson playing S for the Texans next season.
Possible!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #57
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I think since we've been burned a couple of times it's led people to have that jumpy feeling. Those were all guys (Pace, Bodden, Nnamdi maybe) that would have been coming to a bad team. This is a good team that has a lot of pieces in place for a SB run. Players aren't going to use us to get more money. They might sign elsewhere, but if Reed was in town it was because he is interested. He might still sign.
There's also a chance that having Ed Reed here for this long MIGHT make other players like Winfield or Woodson capitalize upon Reed's inaction by jumping into the thick of things and basically getting a friendlier deal done ASAP with the Texans.

This stuff cuts both ways. Ed and his advisors can end up being the ones who inadvertently get us our next combo of FA's like what happened with Aso and how we got J-Jo and Manning wrapped up all at once.....leaving the "premiere" player out of the running here.

I think people have this idea that our FO are completely clueless. They might not be FO Of The Decade but look, they're being cautious and playing the odds as straight as they can:

1. Winston obviously didn't wow the Chiefs last season. Released and still unsigned.

2. Ryan. Great player, but not worth the cap hit here. Traded for picks, which seems like the first time the Texans actually received picks rather than giving them away.

3. Dreessen too expensive, nothing we could have done there. Brisiel too costly, he's been released from his new team one year after leaving here for a bigger payday. Jason Allen? Same situation as Brisiel.

4. This year, we didn't overpay Barwin and he's going to meet the same fate with the Eaglws as Brisiel did with the Raiders...in a year or two, tops. He's simply a workout warrior like Carr, Babin, Okoye, etc. Great in camp, absent in reg season.

5. Casey. Whoa! Dude got a crazy offer from the Eagles. Whether he was miscast here or under-used here, not the point. He was gone no matter what.

6. Quin. This is the riskiest move, but coupled with the exits of Barwin and Casey...with a run of player contract restructures looming (to get more cap space) we're trying to land what our FO and coaches think could be an upgrade over Quin for nearly what Quin signed for in Detroit.

I won't say this FO is flawless. But guys and gals, seriously....this is not an incompetent FO.

Wait until two years from now when these "cap rich" teams are eating all these contracts they're signing now. The FA pool and playing field, due to new CBA from 2011, will make all teams respect the cap, spend their cap, and force shrewd dealings. It's what was wanted: No more crazy contracts that screw up teams and screw over fans AND make it hard for great players to land on better teams.

There is a crazy amount of FA talent still left.
Old 03-16-2013   #58
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213938 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
There's also a chance that having Ed Reed here for this long MIGHT make other players like Winfield or Woodson capitalize upon Reed's inaction by jumping into the thick of things and basically getting a friendlier deal done ASAP with the Texans.

This stuff cuts both ways. Ed and his advisors can end up being the ones who inadvertently get us our next combo of FA's like what happened with Aso and how we got J-Jo and Manning wrapped up all at once.....leaving the "premiere" player out of the running here.

I think people have this idea that our FO are completely clueless. They might not be FO Of The Decade but look, they're being cautious and playing the odds as straight as they can:

1. Winston obviously didn't wow the Chiefs last season. Released and still unsigned.

2. Ryan. Great player, but not worth the cap hit here. Traded for picks, which seems like the first time the Texans actually received picks rather than giving them away.

3. Dreessen too expensive, nothing we could have done there. Brisiel too costly, he's been released from his new team one year after leaving here for a bigger payday. Jason Allen? Same situation as Brisiel.

4. This year, we didn't overpay Barwin and he's going to meet the same fate with the Eaglws as Brisiel did with the Raiders...in a year or two, tops. He's simply a workout warrior like Carr, Babin, Okoye, etc. Great in camp, absent in reg season.

5. Casey. Whoa! Dude got a crazy offer from the Eagles. Whether he was miscast here or under-used here, not the point. He was gone no matter what.

6. Quin. This is the riskiest move, but coupled with the exits of Barwin and Casey...with a run of player contract restructures looming (to get more cap space) we're trying to land what our FO and coaches think could be an upgrade over Quin for nearly what Quin signed for in Detroit.

I won't say this FO is flawless. But guys and gals, seriously....this is not an incompetent FO.

Wait until two years from now when these "cap rich" teams are eating all these contracts they're signing now. The FA pool and playing field, due to new CBA from 2011, will make all teams respect the cap, spend their cap, and force shrewd dealings. It's what was wanted: No more crazy contracts that screw up teams and screw over fans AND make it hard for great players to land on better teams.

MSR
Agree with your assessment and hope like hell that last paragraph plays out that way. The first step needs to be for GMs to back off on giving one guy - the QB - 10-20% of their overall salary cap.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #59
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

Brisiel restructured I think but I agree with everything you wrote here.
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read