Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013   #921
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
i wont call a marksman a bad shot if he hits 3 out of 4 targets.
I agree with you. The sad reality is though, the marksman had already nailed 3 out of 3. Why take the 4th shot? Spend a little more time lining up your sights and make sure you are even shooting at the correct target.
Say Watt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #922
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
awilson@baltsun.com

@TwentyER:

Reed also posted this clip from Carwash!(1976): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbTEusaf2nU&

...with an interesting line in it: Money talks, and bullsh!t walks.
What's your opinion of the reason he posted the Car Wash clip?

Maybe to say he felt like he was treated like royalty while here? The whole "Southern hospitality angle?"

Or was it more of a dig in some form or fashion??? Can't see him making a dig after all the positive things he has been saying here.

Thoughts?
Old 03-15-2013   #923
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 207979 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I agree with you. The sad reality is though, the marksman had already nailed 3 out of 3. Why take the 4th shot? Spend a little more time lining up your sights and make sure you are even shooting at the correct target.
Meh, I'd disagree about Myers, but I recognize I'm in the minority there.
Old 03-15-2013   #924
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
I think A sidd is probably going to be taking a hiatus for a while........ I can respect that Reed is giving the Ravens every opportunity to match the offer. It does suck, but I'm sure he gave them his word he would do that and a man is usually only as good as his word.
Why would he have given them his word that he would? They said, "You're not worth $6M next year, we're not paying you $6M."

So now all of a sudden they want to pay him $6M

If they had said, "We can't afford to pay you $6M" that's one thing, but why would they be able to afford it now?
Old 03-15-2013   #925
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Delmas stays in Detroit
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #926
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I know you don't want to believe it, but he did.
4 TDs in the last 6 game is proving he still has it? And the stats don't begin to tell the whole story on just how atrocious Schaub was in those last 6 games.

You are wrong. I want to believe in Schaub. But I choose to live in reality instead of guzzling down the Texans koolaide.
Old 03-15-2013   #927
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
I will NEVER forgive Rick Smith if this deal doesn't get done (and it looks like it won't). If Reed is using the Texans as leverage, it's because this incompetent staff lets them.
Please, spare me. You want them to sign Reed at any cost? I don't. He has a number he wants, the Texans have a number they won't go over. That's pretty much that simple. It's just business. If you buy a car and can't agree on a price, you move on.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #928
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I will NEVER forgive Rick Smith if this deal doesn't get done (and it looks like it won't). If Reed is using the Texans as leverage, it's because this incompetent staff lets them.

Deals don't take this long. You don't have to pick them up in your private ****ing jet. You don't have to make a three-day-long publicized drama to pump up his ego. Look at how long it took the Broncos to get something done with Wes Welker, the Eagles with James Casey and Connor Barwin, the Lions with Glover Quin the Patriots with Danny Amendola. Lay out the terms to his agent and say I need a decision by XXX or I'm moving on to my next option.

Instead, the Texans chose the option of kiss the ground he walks on for days, all with apparently no guarantees from the Reed camp and while other notable free agents sign elsewhere. The problem with the Houston Texans runs rampant throughout the organization -- they're nice guys. There's zero killer instinct and ability to make the cutthroat decisions needed to win at a high level. We already knew it was true with the coach and owner, and this episode makes it seem equally true with the GM.
Lighten up, Francis.

It's all going to be OK.

You don't know what all has been done on either end of the negotiating table. For all we know, Team Reed might already have verbal inquiries from other teams not named Houston Texans and we just happen to be the best offer right now AND the most attractive landing spot for Ed Reed.

We stuck with the Aso negotiations for a long, long time two years ago and then bailed and grabbed TWO FA's for the price of one. And we ended up being better off for it. So, seriously man: It gonna' be OK if Ed Reed doesn't sign here.

Sometimes things don't work out. It's. OK.

LOL. Finally, someone who overreacts more than me.
Old 03-15-2013   #929
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Meh, I'd disagree about Myers, but I recognize I'm in the minority there.
Jury is still out on Myers. It was a great signing at the time, IMO, but he did not play well last season. How much of his success was due to the combination of Briesel and Winston remains to be seen.
Old 03-15-2013   #930
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What's your opinion of the reason he posted the Car Wash clip?

Maybe to say he felt like he was treated like royalty while here? The whole "Southern hospitality angle?"

Or was it more of a dig in some form or fashion??? Can't see him making a dig after all the positive things he has been saying here.

Thoughts?
The Texans aren't a team that talk about free agent visits, so for them to do so in a very public way with Ed Reed is really unusual. If they don't sign him after all this, well then the bullsh!t part of the clip is probably correct.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #931
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Jury is still out on Myers. It was a great signing at the time, IMO, but he did not play well last season. How much of his success was due to the combination of Briesel and Winston remains to be seen.
And how much did he suffer because of the whirlwind at RG and an injured old LG?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #932
GP 
Go Texans!

Just remember:

I said over and over, "What if the Duane Brown and Chris Myers tweets last night were them knowing an inside joke that a few guys knew about with Ed heading into Houston for the red carpet treatment?".

It needs to be asked. Why did Duane put LOL at the end of his "Enjoy your dinner." And why did Myers put in a "ha ha ha" tweet of his own, as well????

Think, McFly. Think.

Sometimes even pro athletes goof up and spill the beans on stuff like this. It happens. It's plausible.
Old 03-15-2013   #933
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 165989 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm?
Quote:
Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that “heavy” interest remains on both sides and that Reed has “other responsibilities” outside of visiting with the team that need attention. Wilson spoke to a source who believes Reed will shop around any offer he received from the Texans while predicting that he will ultimately wind up playing in Houston in 2013.

That sounds promising for Houston, but last year’s will he or won’t he return saga illustrates that Reed is willing to take his time making any decision about his future.
link

Leverage?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #934
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
The Texans aren't a team that talk about free agent visits, so for them to do so in a very public way with Ed Reed is really unusual. If they don't sign him after all this, well then the bullsh!t part of the clip is probably correct.
Well, I think Andre Johnson is very credible and he said "he thinks we'll get it done."
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #935
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
4 TDs in the last 6 game is proving he still has it? And the stats don't begin to tell the whole story on just how atrocious Schaub was in those last 6 games.

You are wrong. I want to believe in Schaub. But I choose to live in reality instead of guzzling down the Texans koolaide.
I'm just saying he proved he was the same guy he was before the injury. That Schaub we saw was nothing new, some people have been saying that's the guy we had all along. It just took those last four/five games for the masses to see it.

But he's the same guy he's always been.
Old 03-15-2013   #936
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

This is fun! Some of you guys are on a roller coaster ride with your emotions. It's great message board stuff. Keep it up!
Old 03-15-2013   #937
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Deals don't take this long. You don't have to pick them up in your private ****ing jet. You don't have to make a three-day-long publicized drama to pump up his ego. Look at how long it took the Broncos to get something done with Wes Welker, the Eagles with James Casey and Connor Barwin, the Lions with Glover Quin the Patriots with Danny Amendola. Lay out the terms to his agent and say I need a decision by XXX or I'm moving on to my next option.

Instead, the Texans chose the option of kiss the ground he walks on for days, all with apparently no guarantees from the Reed camp and while other notable free agents sign elsewhere. The problem with the Houston Texans runs rampant throughout the organization -- they're nice guys. There's zero killer instinct and ability to make the cutthroat decisions needed to win at a high level. We already knew it was true with the coach and owner, and this episode makes it seem equally true with the GM.
I hope your just visiting...
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #938
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
This is fun! Some of you guys are on a roller coaster ride with your emotions. It's great message board stuff. Keep it up!
I think it's the life of a Texans fan! Heck, I think it's the life of being a Houston sports fan in general lol.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #939
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Delmas stays in Detroit
Another safety off the market. But no lets wait another 72 hours so another safety can go off the market too.

Horrible front office decisions. Should have had a done deal by now.

Keep waiting, Woodson will most like sign with the 49ers.

Did this organization even have a backup plan? Shilo Keo is our starting safety FFS.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #940
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
I hope your just visiting...
Bro Rick Smith is wasting valueable time right now. The more he waits for Ed Reed to jerk us around, more FA's are going off the market.

Not a good business stragety.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read