Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013   #801
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Really tired of all these quotes. Let me know when something is signed. Starting to feel like this is not going to happen.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #802
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108350 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that constitutes a "done deal." I think it means that Andre *really* wants Ed Reed on board and that the organization is either playing up to Andre's wishes or they're serious about inking Reed to a deal.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #803
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN)
Quote:
#texanstalk. Andre Johnson said Ed Reed wouldn't be here this long if he didn't want to be here with the #texans
Adam Wexler (@awexler)
Quote:
MT @davidnunoabc13: Andre Johnson says Reed called him after SB & said get me to Houston. Also would restructure, but Texans haven't asked
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #804
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think you're right. He's just sticking around for another free meal. He's unemployed now, got his hand out & all that.
Nah. Not like that. And you know that. So at least put the :kitten smilie on your post, cheese ball.

It's still not unfathomable to think the guy was pulling a pretty good stunt to get his name out there. Mission accomplished. Free publicity that looks genuine, and it sets a price in a public way.

He might not even want to play UNLESS he gets every dime he wants/needs, otherwise he quits and walks off forever. I actually think he is playing the whole "Texans is where you go to get your last payday" card. IMO.

He knows we're desperate via Quin leaving us. So, it's possible I'm right.
Old 03-15-2013   #805
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
Whatever, guy just told me it's a done deal. Don't believe me then.
So we're getting Matt Turk back?! Woohoo!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #806
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

New stuff about Johnson and his role in getting Reed here (my home Internet is out so phone posting)
Old 03-15-2013   #807
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Its gonna happen. Just chill, grab some beer to celebrate a little tonight, and wait for someone else to knock on our door to join the party.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #808
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

If it's done, why don't they just announce it???
Old 03-15-2013   #809
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 108350 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
James Palmer (@JPalmerCSN)

Adam Wexler (@awexler)
Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy if they sign Reed, but no one appointed Andre GM. Anyone think this could just be the FO trying to really placate Andre?
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #810
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
AJ did say this, however.

Say what you want but AJ helps out other WRs around him. I think Chad Johnson and AJ could actually make quite a good duo believe it out not. Put CJ in the slot AJ as #1 and Lestar Jean as the #3.

I know a lot of people arent very high on LJ but i still love his potential, i think if he got more play time he could really become a threat at WR
Old 03-15-2013   #811
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
I don't think its done, but they probably have the framework of a deal in place. Obviously nothing is done until ink hits paper.
Old 03-15-2013   #812
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'll be happy if they sign Reed, but no one appointed Andre GM. Anyone think this could just be the FO trying to really placate Andre?
I doubt it...... Andre said that he just passed word that Reed wanted to come here. You think thats the first time either Andre or any other player has done that? I don't.
Old 03-15-2013   #813
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Could be more than just the reed deal going down TBH.

They could be restructuring a few contracts right now as we speak to announce multiple deals.
Old 03-15-2013   #814
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
They're getting Daryl Morey to look at it just to make sure they're not getting screwed over. Because if there's one guy who knows something about screwing other teams over it's Fat Elvis.
Old 03-15-2013   #815
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 261571 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
Anyone think this could just be the FO trying to really placate Andre?
No. Texans have played this out publicly -- they wouldn't do that if they weren't in earnest about landing Reed. If Reed walks, it's because he thinks he won't get along with the coaching staff or he's holding out for the last dollar or he signs with a more obvious Super Bowl contender.

I'd like to think it was the latter, if...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #816
djohn2oo8
Veteran

They were supposedly close to a deal last night. It should be done by now.
Old 03-15-2013   #817
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 103838 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Say what you want but AJ helps out other WRs around him. I think Chad Johnson and AJ could actually make quite a good duo believe it out not. Put CJ in the slot AJ as #1 and Lestar Jean as the #3.

I know a lot of people arent very high on LJ but i still love his potential, i think if he got more play time he could really become a threat at WR
No way. If the dude couldn't learn NEs playbook there's no way he can learn the Texans. Ain't happening
Old 03-15-2013   #818
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Old 03-15-2013   #819
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

HAHA it wont happen regardless. I think AJ #1, LJ KM #2,3 is what the FO is thinking IMO
Old 03-15-2013   #820
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Supposedly he's hosting a party here tonight at Grooves. I'm sure that would shock the crap out of everybody.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read