Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-15-2013   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2nd player announcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I would be dancing in the streets if Reed/Hampton were signed on the same day. Bring Hampton home, he was one of the best 2 down run stoppers in the NFL last yr.

Hampton, healthy Cushing, Reed = major upgrade at each level of the defense.
Get your blue suede shoes ready, bubba, LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #22
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I would be dancing in the streets if Reed/Hampton were signed on the same day. Bring Hampton home, he was one of the best 2 down run stoppers in the NFL last yr.

Hampton, healthy Cushing, Reed = major upgrade at each level of the defense.
Here we go (crazy amounts of optimism but has some logic)... Elvis Dumervil. They've cleared space and nickel and dimed three of their guys to make room for Dumervil and Reed. However, they have to wait until he's "officially" cut before they can say anything.
Old 03-15-2013   #23
TexansCountry
Rookie

Section: anywhere i can get tickets
Rep Power: 0 TexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked Keenum in college I think he has a legit chance, he has the tools and knowledge. It doesn't help I'm officially off the schaub wagon.
Old 03-15-2013   #24
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather have Pollard, but not by much.

Winston's upside is his run blocking...which let's face it, the circus on the right side of the line and the shenanigans at LG, too, would make Winston a good choice to calm down the right side of the line and maybe try a platoon of Newton/Brooks/Jones at LG and swing guard at RG if needed.

Pollard, though, he brings more of a 46 look to our defense whereby we go with heavy hitter in Pollard and let Manning and Reed play more coverage on WRs. Pollard matches up with those pesky TEs and slot receivers like Welker and Hernandez/Gronk who always abused our LBs last year. Pollard as a nickel DB would be right: He plays shallow and his job is to thump anything thrown within the first 10 yards of the LOS. He'd be nasty on a blitz, too.

My choice of Pollard is because I think Winston is into playing "poor me!" victim card, and this team is not ready to go back there with him. Pollard is just a worker. He wants to knock da piss out of people every play, and frankly that attitude needs to be there in our backfield so that Manning and Reed can ballhawk and make QBs pick a choice that doesn't really give the QB much hope. Especially since we face Andrew Luck twice a year now. Know what I mean? Gotta' think about what killed us the past two years: Inability to stop the pass in the divisional round each year.
Old 03-15-2013   #25
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCountry View Post
I liked Keenum in college I think he has a legit chance, he has the tools and knowledge. It doesn't help I'm officially off the schaub wagon.
You and about every texan fan. So dont feel bad i was a big Schaub Supporter until last season.
Old 03-15-2013   #26
TexansCountry
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansCountry is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Here we go (crazy amounts of optimism but has some logic)... Elvis Dumervil. They've cleared space and nickel and dimed three of their guys to make room for Dumervil and Reed. However, they have to wait until he's "officially" cut before they can say anything.
Lamp you got crazy amount of optimism right he WS scheduled to make 12 mil next season !! But I did say dream big or not at all lol
Old 03-15-2013   #27
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 119840 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Reed

and

Kevin Kolb
Old 03-15-2013   #28
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

The chemistry between Reed and Pollard would be valuable too!

They have played and worked together on knowing how to adjust from play to play, etc. It'd be a it of a dream scenario to pull down two awesome DBs who know each other's tendencies and can trust one another right from the start.

But, the surprise player might be someone who is completely off our radar.

Hampton? I dunno.

Crabtree in a trade? I dunno, either.

Or it could be someone WAY off the radar, like Leach! Hey, it could happen. Might be why we let James Casey go.

Ooooo, what if it IS Leach? That'd be sick. But many analysts say that Leach wasn't really that much of a factor last season. That his days might be dwindling rapidly. Did he sign or is he a free agent? I don't even know if he is!
Old 03-15-2013   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Ed Reed

and

Kevin Kolb
Old 03-15-2013   #30
TexansCountry
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
You and about every texan fan. So dont feel bad i was a big Schaub Supporter until last season.
Yea I feel the same way! Was with him until last season. He proved to me at least he's not a big lights qb. I feel a Ryan Fitzpatrick coming on
Old 03-15-2013   #31
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Via CSN AJ also has been recruiting Chad Johnson to come to the Texans.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #32
TexansCountry
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
Via CSN AJ also has been recruiting Chad Johnson to come to the Texans.
Mmmm don't know if I get that one. He's the biggest diva the Texans would have signed to this point. But if he comes and and plays I think its a positive signing. They say he couldn't learn the patriots playbook. Wondering if he would have that same problem here?

Last edited by TexansCountry; 03-15-2013 at 02:28 PM. Reason: misspelled
TexansCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #33
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The chemistry between Reed and Pollard would be valuable too!

They have played and worked together on knowing how to adjust from play to play, etc. It'd be a it of a dream scenario to pull down two awesome DBs who know each other's tendencies and can trust one another right from the start.
Yeah, but what about the chemistry between Pollard and Kareem Jackson. They also have worked together. I think I'd rather sit in a room with a mixture of bleach and ammonia, rather than watch those two work together in the Texans' secondary.
Old 03-15-2013   #34
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 126475 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mmmm don't know if I get that one. He's the biggest diva the Texans would have signed to this point. But if he comes and and plays I think its a positive signing. They say he couldn't learn the patriots playbook. Wondering if he would have that same problem here?
It dont matter we still dont have a QB to throw them the ball
Old 03-15-2013   #35
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok...so...I heard this from a guy who heard it from someone who does the lawn for someone who lives next to the guy who does Rick Smith's laundry.

We're signing Reed, Woodson, Harrison, and Urlacher.

It would give us the 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, and 2012 Defensive players of the year.

It's a done deal, but they're announcing it during the concert tonight at the rodeo. They wanted to do it last night, but Pitbull didn't want to share the spotlight.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #36
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Our playbook is easy. Well, for a receiver. You just have to know who to block.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #37
TexansCountry
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
It dont matter we still dont have a QB to throw them the ball
Agree completely what's the point of getting more playmakes at that position if we have the same noodle armed choke artist Golmer Pyle qb? It shows McNair still thinks ol schaub can somehow get it done
Old 03-15-2013   #38
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Antoine Winfield
Old 03-15-2013   #39
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol @ second player announcement without the first one.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #40
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Get your blue suede shoes ready, bubba, LOL!
Elvis...the 2nd Dr. Doom????
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read