Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What is a reasonable price for Connor Barwin?
$2M/yr 24 25.81%
$3M/yr 33 35.48%
$4M/yr 26 27.96%
$5M/yr 7 7.53%
$6M/yr 2 2.15%
$7M/yr 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2013   #161
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin?

I liked Barwin, but I sure hope that ridiculous 'Bulls on Parade' BS goes with him or fades away.
Old 03-15-2013   #162
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 30608 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I liked Barwin, but I sure hope that ridiculous 'Bulls on Parade' BS goes with him or fades away.
Amen
Old 03-15-2013   #163
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Amen
Coming to a clearance rack near you
...maybe

ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #164
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Reasonable price for Barwin? *UPDATE* Signed by Eagles

Forgot about this thread but looks like myself & nytexan where the only ones who nailed his price tag.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #165
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Forgot about this thread but looks like myself & nytexan where the only ones who nailed his price tag.
I didn't vote, but I did talk about salaries of edge rushers, and I figured it would take about that much for a guy like Barwin (over/under $6M).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #166
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I take that back; I did vote for $4M.
Just didn't want to overpay for him, I guess, LOL!
Old 03-15-2013   #167
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I take that back; I did vote for $4M.
Just didn't want to overpay for him, I guess, LOL!
FA is about overpaying. If he got $6M, you didn't get it right, you overpaid.

If you said $4M..... you might not be right, but you're closer than the $6M guy.
Old 03-15-2013   #168
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #169
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
FA is about overpaying. If he got $6M, you didn't get it right, you overpaid.

If you said $4M..... you might not be right, but you're closer than the $6M guy.
And recent history says the Eagles overpay "better" than anybody.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013   #170
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I had never seen the infamous letter jackets until now.

What a colossal FAIL.

Was it Doosh Bag Barwin's idea to do that? Good heavens that's sad.

Keep that **** in your closet, and wear it only around the house for crying out loud.

Sheesh. That's laughable.
Old 03-27-2013   #171
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
So did the Letterman Jacket curse go to Philly with Kramer, I mean Barwin?
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #172
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 20662 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

One last word from Barwin......
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #173
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Actually, his last words were "I was never a leader".
Old 03-28-2013   #174
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Blaine Gabbert lol
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #175
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

I really wished it worked out with Connor. I'll miss his personality!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #176
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...and Shaun Cody
I always liked Barwin's humor and him as a player. I won't miss the "Bulls on Parade" theme, but I don't understand people's "good riddance" attitude based on one down season.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #177
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I always liked Barwin's humor and him as a player. I won't miss the "Bulls on Parade" theme, but I don't understand people's "good riddance" attitude based on one down season.
If you look at the 2011 season 4 of his 11 sacks came in one game against the Jags and Gabbert....I think he will be exposed badly in Philly
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #178
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL very classy for Connor. The Glabbert reference is a trip as well as Shaun Cody in the smallest print. No reason to dislike the guy. Didn't cause issues and played hard. Just not to the level we hoped consistently. He may end up missing the Glabbert's of the world since now he'll have to chase RG3, deal with Eli and whoever the Eagles toss out there to run that up-tempo offense.

I wish him luck except when it goes against my wishes of course, heh. Funny dude and he gave what he could.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #179
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "Connor Barwin thanks Texans' fans and many others in newspaper ad"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...n-newspaper-ad
Taking out a newspaper ad to thank fans has become a hot trend for departing free agents this offseason. Ed Reed did it when he left Baltimore. Greg Jennings did it when he left Green Bay and now former Texans linebacker Connor Barwin is doing it in Houston.

Only Barwin, who signed with the Eagles in mid-March, has added a slightly different twist: he didn't just thank Texans' fans, he also seemingly thanked everyone he crossed paths with during his four years in Houston.

In the ad, which ran in the Houston Post, Barwin thanked his cleaning lady, his pizza delivery guy, his limo guy, Jaguars quarterback Blaine Gabbert, his popcorn guy, several Texans' beat writers, a car dealership, Shaun Cody, the mayor of Houston and bread. Yes, bread. Although its unclear if he's thanking a type of bread -- white, wheat, rye -- a person named Bread or the Los Angeles-based rock band Bread.

Barwin also thanked a local movie theater for giving him four years of free movies -- and cheesecake. Not the Cheesecake Factory, just cheesecake.

The newspaper ad bar has now been set for all future departing free agents.
Class act all the way by Connor. Just one question though, I thought the Chronicle was the only paper in Houston ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013   #180
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 387845 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Connor Barwin thanks Texans' fans and many others in newspaper ad"

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read