Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013   #661
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If Reed can stay healthy and be the player he was 2 yrs ago against the Texans in the playoffs, (I think he can) and stay healthy, then he will be a major upgrade over GQ.
that a massive if though.. IF matt schaub can be the player he was 3 years ago we're gravy too
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #662
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
He still looks really good in the play-off game against the Colts I rewatched last night. Always where he's supposed to be, and didn't miss any tackle (even though according to PFF, he missed quite a few during the year.)

I also saw him breaking off the receiver he was covering (running with) in the middle to jump a side line route and almost intercepted the ball.

I was watching the CC game when I fell asleep, but at least through the first half, he looks pretty good with no mistake.

I don't recall him making any mistake in the SB either.
The only question about Reed is can he stay healthy? We do know Reed will play hurt and is one of the best playmaking S to ever play the game. He's a HOF in my mind.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #663
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The only question about Reed is can he stay healthy? We do know Reed will play hurt and is one of the best playmaking S to ever play the game. He's a HOF in my mind.
I think there's no doubt about him being a first ballot Hall of Famer from just about anybody who knows football.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #664
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Oh no! Players challenged Harbaugh's decision? That's what you think a cancer is? We obviously have very different ideas of what cancers are in regard to the NFL. Most notably, guys that are extremely selfish, egomaniacs, lazy, constant distractions and couldn't care less about the team are what I consider cancers. Guys like Albert Haynesworth, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Randy Moss, etc are notoriously said to be cancers. Now they weren't that way their entire careers, but you probably know what I'm talking about. Putting Ed Reed in that class for protesting practice with pads is just dumb. You're applying the term to make him look bad.

I never wrote that Ed Reed was a cancer- he stood up to th HC- the guy who stood with him was released; Ed is free to look around= you do the math.But don't say I said something I didn't.

Well good for you. Saying the guy is a cancer is pretty low though. He's been in that locker room long enough to where I would think he deserves better than assuming he's a cancer due to one incident or saying he was not a leader.
All I am saying is "Buyer beware" because of the mutiny incident, his declining skills.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #665
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
Huh? Where did you hear that?
Ok, thread was

Kevin Walter Cut
Views: 3,487 Posted By djohn2oo8
Re: Kevin Walter Cut

Texas Sports Review ‏@TexSportsReview
Michael Crabtree to #Texans MAYBE

Texas Sports Review ‏@TexSportsReview

@Zepp1978 honestly I highly doubt it but was told it may happen before NFC...
Old 03-15-2013   #666
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Day 2 in Houston for Ed Reed RT @HoustonTexans: Free agent S @TwentyER is back in the offices at Reliant Stadium this am

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
"I'm excited. I'm just hoping it all comes together & he'll be my new teammate." Andre Johnson on Ed Reed via @kjohnsonCSN #Texans
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #667
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Reed just followed Wade Phillips on twitter
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #668
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
I think there's no doubt about him being a first ballot Hall of Famer from just about anybody who knows football.
I was reading that he wants 7 mil a year or something along the lines of the Welker deal.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #669
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Reed just followed Wade Phillips on twitter
Hopefully that means he is linking up to his new coach.
Old 03-15-2013   #670
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I was reading that he wants 7 mil a year or something along the lines of the Welker deal.
Hey Vinny. I miss the days of Blaine Bishop.
Old 03-15-2013   #671
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup, that's what I heard, too. BTW, I agree with you that this definitely feels a lot like the Ahman Green signing... I'm hoping I'm wrong though. I'm excited for all the wrong reasons (mainly that if he signed, he'd be the first ever Hall of Famer to ever wear a Texans uni).

-Ben Franklin
Old 03-15-2013   #672
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yup, that's what I heard, too. BTW, I agree with you that this definitely feels a lot like the Ahman Green signing... I'm hoping I'm wrong though. I'm excited for all the wrong reasons (mainly that if he signed, he'd be the first ever Hall of Famer to ever wear a Texans uni).

#80 begs to differ.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #673
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

If he signs here I sure hope we don't break the Top 10 Worst Free Agent Signings again in a couple years.
Old 03-15-2013   #674
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
#80 begs to differ.
As much as I love Dre, I'm not sure he'd be first-ballot material like Reed. Plus, Reed is older and would probably get inducted first anyhoo.

-Ben Franklin
Old 03-15-2013   #675
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://blog.chron.com/jeromesolomon/...or-the-texans/

Not much new, but at least it was Reed on Comcast last night talking about the situation.

Direct link to video, if you don't want to read.
http://www.csnhouston.com/football-h...spending-night
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #676
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
Hey Vinny. I miss the days of Blaine Bishop.
Or Marcus Robertson, Jeff Donaldson and Bo Eason. Mike Reinfelt and Vernon Perry....we always had superior S play back in the day.
Quote:
I can get excited that he is here (if and when), but I think the FO is going to muck up our cap situation like a Wonka everlasting gobstopper.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #677
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or Marcus Robertson, Jeff Donaldson and Bo Eason. Mike Reinfelt and Vernon Perry....we always had superior S play back in the day.
I can get excited that he is here (if and when), but I think the FO is going to muck up our cap situation like a Wonka everlasting gobstopper.
No mention of Bubba?!?!?!
Old 03-15-2013   #678
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Right on.

-Ben Franklin
Old 03-15-2013   #679
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89251 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
#80 begs to differ.
Considering how the Hall treats WRs, I would think his chances are slim.

Randy Moss and TO would be ahead of him in the waiting line at least.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #680
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Ugggh, the wife mentioned Ahman Green this morning. Don't make me cringe.

I'm really starting to feel (glass half empty guy here):
(a) he's using us to get a homerun contract elsewhere
(b) we're going to sign him to a 4-5 year deal for over $5m/year

People are getting giddy over the name, but the same people seem to be forgetting we're in the midst of salary cap Hell.

I really hope IF we sign him to a big deal I am wrong and he goes out there and gives us 2-3 years of Pro Bowl play.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read