Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2013   #641
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Enough that they'll have egg on their face for going so public in courting Reed. Wondering if some at Texans HQ are beginning to think they've been taken for a ride.
Get with the program. As stated by TheApplePie....

Young(ish) safeties with upside like Delmas, Phillips, and LaRon Landry have already been signed yet the Texans are still entertaining Old Man River?

This reeks of another Asomugha or Bodden fiasco. The Texans are getting played. Again. And again... which is business as usual for an NFL team. Us fans are too emotionally attached.
Old 03-15-2013   #642
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Hopefully the delay is for an afternoon press conference. Makes sense.

You bring a player like Ed reed to Houston, and a regular old tweet doesn't really do it justice.
possible...people are buging...last year with mario it took a couple of days before he officially signed.....him "waiting" for his fiance was just stalling type stuff. If Reed's still here, chances are thier just ironing out a few things.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #643
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

hes back at the stadium now per texans twitter... i would be gobsmacked if it didnt happen eventhough im only lukewarm at the prospect
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #644
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Reed leaving town after wasting Rick's time and Bob McNair's jet fuel just to come down and hang out with 'Dre for a night.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #645
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
hes back at the stadium now per texans twitter... i would be gobsmacked if it didnt happen eventhough im only lukewarm at the prospect
Why? Worry about injury?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #646
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Why? Worry about injury?
yes and age... i realise hes gonna bring playmaking ability, confidence and experience but can he still cover TE's etc (or can manning) and tackle like GQ did. hes gonna be a different type safety for sure. GQ was a very good all rounder but not much of a ballhawk. il wait until i see the numbers until my final opinion
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #647
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

maybe this is why nothing happened yesterday...lol

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...exans-contract
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #648
ItsMyFault
It's on me.

Rep Power: 487 ItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respectedItsMyFault is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
maybe this is why nothing happened yesterday...lol

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...exans-contract
That's Pancakes' theory.
Old 03-15-2013   #649
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yes and age... i realise hes gonna bring playmaking ability, confidence and experience but can he still cover TE's etc (or can manning) and tackle like GQ did. hes gonna be a different type safety for sure. GQ was a very good all rounder but not much of a ballhawk. il wait until i see the numbers until my final opinion
He still looks really good in the play-off game against the Colts I rewatched last night. Always where he's supposed to be, and didn't miss any tackle (even though according to PFF, he missed quite a few during the year.)

I also saw him breaking off the receiver he was covering (running with) in the middle to jump a side line route and almost intercepted the ball.

I was watching the CC game when I fell asleep, but at least through the first half, he looks pretty good with no mistake.

I don't recall him making any mistake in the SB either.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #650
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Ed Reed leaving town after wasting Rick's time and Bob McNair's jet fuel just to come down and hang out with 'Dre for a night.
If Ed Reed did end up leaving, then that would make to Duane Brown's tweet last night of "Enjoy the dinner, LOL.." and Chris Myers' tweet of "ha ha ha" expose that Ed and certain people, such as Duane and Chris, knew it was nothing more than a freebie for Ed.

Thoughts?
Old 03-15-2013   #651
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Long and expensive courtship for a 35 year old
Old 03-15-2013   #652
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

What I'm hearing now is that reed is close to signing according to McClain and ravens insider. Supposedly the deal will be close to welkers.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #653
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Listening to 610 radio and they interrupted dialogue to say McClain just tweeted : Reed still in town and McCkain expects him to sign today. FWIW.
Old 03-15-2013   #654
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
Huh? Where did you hear that?
It was discussed on another thread this week. I'll try to find it.
Old 03-15-2013   #655
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 241723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Long and expensive courtship for a 35 year old
Well, there ARE some 35-year olds I'd take the time to woo...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #656
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Source predicts Ed Reed deal could be similar to how Wes Welker is structured in terms of length, guarantees. "It's very close," source says

Retweeted by John McClain
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #657
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91652 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Source predicts Ed Reed deal could be similar to how Wes Welker is structured in terms of length, guarantees. "It's very close," source says
Welker's contract was basically two years, $12 Million - all guaranteed, with a $6 Million cap hit each year. Also a small ($150,000) incentive clause.
Old 03-15-2013   #658
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If Reed can stay healthy and be the player he was 2 yrs ago against the Texans in the playoffs, (I think he can) and stay healthy, then he will be a major upgrade over GQ.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #659
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Well, there ARE some 35-year olds I'd take the time to woo...
Many, LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #660
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a passing league. Give me old man Ed reed over gq
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read