Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013   #481
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

IBN has actually been money this whole NFL offseason so far. He was the first to report the Mike Wallace signing and a whole bunch of others.

I know he's a hack but he's been like 90% so far this offseason.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #482
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Those are the types of players pollard would be keying on. Instead of a lb on a TE or rb it'd be that in the box safety.
Re-read your post. My bad, I see what you were saying...sorry about that.
Old 03-14-2013   #483
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
idk who his sources are, but ibn has been money on leaking tons of things. yup he did leak the broncos/manning thing days before espn did. hes been solid all offseason.. i believe hes building a rep that what he leaks is real info. i will say he comes off very unprofessional at times..
I think he's hacking communications. There, I said it.

No way would random Joe have this much information on so many key superstars. Nobody has that much insider information via legitimate methods.

I mean, this guy is scooping the scoopers Schefter, La Canfora, Mort, etc.

IBN is hacking.
Old 03-14-2013   #484
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I kinda think Reed is using the Texans to set his value then will sign somewhere else.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #485
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I do think BOP has it right that the Texans are probably reaching out to get a few other things worked out, but I think Woodson is the target and not Pollard. Woodson left San Fran without a contract and is used to working in the slot. Even when he was used as a safety last year. I think the FO has a plan to get them both here somehow.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #486
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
YCuz you said "If only you knew what I do....you'd jump for joy right now." What does that mean?
He has a bunch of jerseys printed up in advance.
Old 03-14-2013   #487
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider
Ed Reed is definitely staying overnight for his Texans visit, told "It's looking serious," per a source.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #488
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
I kinda think Reed is using the Texans to set his value then will sign somewhere else.
If so, then IBN was dead wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
He has a bunch of jerseys printed up in advance.
Oh gawd, he doesn't have handmade action figures of them, too, does he???

All I think of is the last scene in Blades of Glory.
Old 03-14-2013   #489
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Quote:
Ed Reed is definitely staying overnight for his Texans visit, told "It's looking serious," per a source.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Quote:
Ravens S Ed Reed spoke today like a man saying goodbye to Baltimore. Every sign now points to him getting done a deal in Houston on Friday.
Old 03-14-2013   #490
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Oh gawd, he doesn't have handmade action figures of them, too, does he???

All I think of is the last scene in Blades of Glory.
Hey, if you had pre-printed jerseys and handmade action figures of them, you'd be jumping for joy.
Old 03-14-2013   #491
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Hey, if you had pre-printed jerseys and handmade action figures of them, you'd be jumping for joy.
How do you determine which jersey to wear on game days?

I'm thinking home games are Winston. Away games are Reed. With the exception of night games, which belong to Pollard.

That's a workable time-share if I ever heard of one.

Old 03-14-2013   #492
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 178952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
If only you knew what I do you'd jump for joy right now. I'll just say that I hope you like Ed Reed, Bernard Pollard and Eric Winston. There's going to be a trifecta signing going down tomorrow. I think the Texans are positioning themselves nicely well before the draft. Enjoy the evening guys. Let's call it a Friday of champions here in Houston!
You telling us you have an inside source ?! .... I dont buy it.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #493
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I bet he'll be on a plane back to Baltimore tonight.
That's An awfully big plate of crow you are getting ready to eat. Or raven I guess in this particular situation
Old 03-14-2013   #494
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 51991 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
LOL that dude went on a limb......
Old 03-14-2013   #495
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Right... Who was that DB a few years ago, from New England that fleeced us only to go back to New England??
Old 03-14-2013   #496
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Christopher Hansen ‏@ChrisHansenNFL
I'm assuming the Texans want Reed for his coverage skills, because in the games I watched he was pretty bad against the run.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #497
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Right... Who was that DB a few years ago, from New England that fleeced us only to go back to New England??
yeah a few years ago.. when we hadnt won consecutive divisions and werent generally considered one of the best teams/real contenders.. time to move on
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #498
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Leigh Bodden. Dodged a bullet on that one. Injured his shoulder and played 5 games in the NFL after signing a contract for $10 million guaranteed.
Old 03-14-2013   #499
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Hold on a sec, are you saying that you have information that we're signing all three of those guys??? How the hell we gonna' sign two FA safeties when we already have one named Danieal Manning? How we had cap space to sign those three guys?
Agreed, Pollard would have to be coming off the bench, unless they make him an ILB (which I could probably see) & we can't be paying him vet min to do that. No way he'd come here for vet min after only been released a day ago.

If he'd been out there for a week or so, maybe.
Old 03-14-2013   #500
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Bulls on Parade we need you to respond ASAP.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read