Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013   #441
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I bet he'll be on a plane back to Baltimore tonight.
I think that's the real reason why we flew him in on the jet. We can keep him here longer.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #442
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Not a chance he signs with Houston.
I dunno Nitro; you wouldn't spend so much time in a city for nothing.

At least we know both parties are pretty serious.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #443
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I think that's the real reason why we flew him in on the jet. We can keep him here longer.
One-way ticket, LOL!
Old 03-14-2013   #444
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He's looking for somewhere to live.

Texans generating more buzz with the delay. Just relax and enjoy the free agent foreplay...the climax will be over and done before you know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
We're still talking about football aren't we?
you know, the same question passed thru my mind when I read that...

...as a follow-up query, if the manage to sign Reed, does this mean that the F.O. has blown their wad for this F/A season? That would be premature something or other...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #445
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL reed is not leaving houston walks into the office door and it shuts behind him click click :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #446
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we will sign Reed but i would much rather sign Aso and move him to Safety if there is even the slightest chance it could happen.

Our secondary would def be the strongest part of our team with, Jojo, Kjac (cant believe i am saying that), Manning and Aso.

Scary to think about
Old 03-14-2013   #447
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Young(ish) safeties with upside like Delmas, Phillips, and Laron Landry have already gotten signed and the Texans are still entertaining Old Man River

Is Huff still out there?
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #448
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

...as a follow-up query, if the manage to sign Reed, does this mean that the F.O. has blown their wad for this F/A season? That would be premature something or other...
I see what you did there, LOL !
Old 03-14-2013   #449
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
I think we will sign Reed but i would much rather sign Aso and move him to Safety if there is even the slightest chance it could happen.

Our secondary would def be the strongest part of our team with, Jojo, Kjac (cant believe i am saying that), Manning and Aso.

Scary to think about
I believe LOL!
Old 03-14-2013   #450
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I think a lot of that could be attributed to this thing called um...coaching. I don't know the Dbacks coach for the Ravens, but Pollard was coached by David Gibbs here in Houston and also in KC. Now, I'm no expert on the position, but I think most people in Houston and maybe KC would believe that Gibbs wasn't very good. Considering the level that the Ravens secondary has played at I would imagine there is a good coach in place. You get a guy with ability and coach him right it makes a difference. Look at Kareem Jackson after we got Vance Joseph here.
That and maybe playing with reed at the other safety helped some.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #451
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

why dont we just save a ****tt load of money and prob and injury and just get cheap ass

Babineaux, Jordan from Tenn steal are div foes trash

Hometown: Port Arthur, TX ...u ceee local kid : )

COme on guys LOL

man i remeber going into off season SS was least on the team in terms of need .....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #452
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
LOL reed is not leaving houston walks into the office door and it shuts behind him click click :P
You trip him if he walks out of there, LOL!
Otherwise, I blame you.
Old 03-14-2013   #453
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11283 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That and maybe playing with reed at the other safety helped some.
I would think so. That's one of the reasons I wouldn't mind seeing Reed here. Not to help Manning, but if we draft a young safety that can learn from Reed.

For the right $$, though.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #454
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I don't know about you, but I'd feel satisfied. My world would be rocked. I'd probably need a cigarette.

I guess you're just insatiable.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #455
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I see what you did there, LOL !
Rey started it.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #456
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nothing wrong with Reed for the right price.

But with a good CB, SS, and solid No. 2 CB, it seems kind of like a luxury signing. NT and OLB seem to be bigger holes, and WR seems to be slated for the first round of the draft.

Victor Bulter, former Dallas OLB/DE, would have been a great pick up for the Texans IMO, but I think he's gone.
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #457
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider
Everything points toward Ed Reed getting something done within next 24 hours. Finalizing anything tonight is unlikely
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #458
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hearing Ed Reed is highly impressed with Texans sales pitch and they are making a strong bid. They're known as good recruiters, closers
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #459
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
Everything points toward Ed Reed getting something done within next 24 hours. Finalizing anything tonight is unlikely
Smokescreen for "I need to call Baltimore first before we make any decisions".

He's as good as gone, folks.
Old 03-14-2013   #460
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohn2oo8 View Post
If only you knew what I do you'd jump for joy right now. I'll just say that I hope you like Ed Reed, Bernard Pollard and Eric Winston. There's going to be a trifecta signing going down tomorrow. I think the Texans are positioning themselves nicely well before the draft. Enjoy the evening guys. Let's call it a Friday of champions here in Houston!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read