Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013   #401
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

"Just spotted ed reed at a chuck e Cheese " :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #402
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My heart sank the night Cushing went down. I told my buddy that it was a loss that the Texans would be unable to overcome and it would eventually cost them in the playoffs. You just don't replace a dude like that on so many levels. He told me to stay optimistic, but my gut just felt it.

I think our secondary would be pretty baddass with Reed, Manning, Joseph, and Jackson back there. It could really feed our front 7 in so many ways. Help give them that extra little time to get to the QB, or make pressure to force bad throws, which our secondary could feast upon. Hopes, man, hopes.
I thought we'd be OK. I really did.

With how 2011 was so rough with all our injuries...I figured the team would rally again, that it would hurt but not cripple us completely. Wrong!

Looking back, your instincts were dead-on correct.

I would be OK with us drafting something like 3 LBs in this draft, seriously. Wade's defense is predicated upon the LB. Without the right LBs, his defense gets eaten up by even the weaker offenses...even with Watt up-front doing damage all day. The middle MATTERS. Period.

I don't know who the top-ranked LBs are in this draft, but I wouldn't be opposed to giving up some commodities to move into striking range to target one of them, specifically a Cushing 2.0 that we think is out there for us. You want someone who is JUST like him in every way, minus the over-training syndrome.
Old 03-14-2013   #403
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
"It's been widely reported, dissected and then anointed (in retrospect) as the turning point in Baltimore's season. Ravens coach John Harbaugh had what felt like a mutiny on his hands. The 50-year-old coach told his players he wanted to begin preparation for Baltimore's game against the Cleveland Browns by practicing in full pads, a rarity for a midseason Wednesday in the NFL, and his players -- still feeling battered and bruised -- were furious. Lewis was in Florida rehabbing his torn triceps, so it was Reed and Bernard Pollard who openly confronted their coach in front of the team, kicking off what players have described as a "group therapy session" in which they were able to air a number of grievances and frustrations."

And now Pollard is released. You guys didn't like Pollard and thought he was a cancer. Now you want Ed Reed.
Okay, now that's an outright LIE.
Bernard was well respected here because he brought intensity to the game and expected it from his teammates. He just couldn't cover worth a damn. And at the time we were still playing the Forehead twice a year. Not a good situation.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #404
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
What is "ALOT" besides not an actual word? 1% of Texans fans is "ALOT" Thousands probably. Who cares? Pollard couldn't cover and he quit on the team. So long, enjoyed your play here.

That he couldn't cover. It isn't a hard concept. "ALOT" of people seem to understand things you cannot grasp.
Oh no! Grammar police! Egad!

Pollard covered just fine here in Baltimore- I watched him closely because of what was written here and on KC boards. Even KC fans were surprised how good he covered wen they played this past year.

I 'grasp' ALOT of what you are writing....I hope to see ALOT more from you...
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #405
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh no! Grammar police! Egad!

Pollard covered just fine here in Baltimore- I watched him closely because of what was written here and on KC boards. Even KC fans were surprised how good he covered wen they played this past year.

I 'grasp' ALOT of what you are writing....I hope to see ALOT more from you...
You may hope that, but I hope I literally never see your username again. Stop derailing our ****. ****.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #406
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Pollard a cancer here in Houston? LOL....that's a new one.

Cancer is Joe Flaccid's unibrow...or jacoby's **** tattoo.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #407
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 11061 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wth is going on?!? Almost 5 o'clock and still no word. It would be an embarrassment to wine and dine reed and send him on a plane to san Francisco.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #408
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htowntexans1985 View Post
Wth is going on?!? Almost 5 o'clock and still no word. It would be an embarrassment to wine and dine reed and send him on a plane to san Francisco.
Did Bob use his own jet for that? LOL!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #409
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Did Bob use his own jet for that? LOL!
Pretty sure Bob wouldn't send him on his way to Frisco in his jet.
Old 03-14-2013   #410
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hear that 'swooshing' sound? Thats my point flying past your head- in fairness, I should have written "ALOT of Texans fans saw Pollard as cancer but not all" to eliminae yourself from the discussion?
A lot? I can't find one on this board after a search. I found one that said he was a cancer in KC, but that was it aside from this thread. This board has posts that go back many years, so it's safe to assume someone around here would be using that term with his name if he was seen that way. Maybe he was in KC or Baltimore, but certainly not in Houston.

Quote:
After his release, league 'sources' asked the question, "Released in KC, then Houston and now Balitmore? Whats that tell you?"
It tells me they didn't do their homework, because his contract expired in Houston.

Quote:
Now, what you are missing from the article and te point I ahve been trying to make all afternoon, is that John Harbaugh wasbehind the release of Pollard and behind letting Ed test Free Agency. He doesn't want anyone challenging him in his lockerroom. Pollard and Reed led the 'mutiny' last October; need aline be drawn any clearer for you?
Oh no! Players challenged Harbaugh's decision? That's what you think a cancer is? We obviously have very different ideas of what cancers are in regard to the NFL. Most notably, guys that are extremely selfish, egomaniacs, lazy, constant distractions and couldn't care less about the team are what I consider cancers. Guys like Albert Haynesworth, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Randy Moss, etc are notoriously said to be cancers. Now they weren't that way their entire careers, but you probably know what I'm talking about. Putting Ed Reed in that class for protesting practice with pads is just dumb. You're applying the term to make him look bad.

Quote:
I have loved Ed Reed for my team since we drafted him; he hasn't been the same player snce gettng hurt and has been on the decline ever since. Sorry my even tempered resonse has crapped all over your giddy parade. Enjoy!
Well good for you. Saying the guy is a cancer is pretty low though. He's been in that locker room long enough to where I would think he deserves better than assuming he's a cancer due to one incident or saying he was not a leader.
Old 03-14-2013   #411
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 175288 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hear that 'swooshing' sound? Thats my point flying past your head- in fairness, I should have written "ALOT of Texans fans saw Pollard as cancer but not all" to eliminae yourself from the discussion?

After his release, league 'sources' asked the question, "Released in KC, then Houston and now Balitmore? Whats that tell you?"

Now, what you are missing from the article and te point I ahve been trying to make all afternoon, is that John Harbaugh wasbehind the release of Pollard and behind letting Ed test Free Agency. He doesn't want anyone challenging him in his lockerroom. Pollard and Reed led the 'mutiny' last October; need aline be drawn any clearer for you?

I have loved Ed Reed for my team since we drafted him; he hasn't been the same player snce gettng hurt and has been on the decline ever since. Sorry my even tempered resonse has crapped all over your giddy parade. Enjoy!
But who was it that pointed out that "Harbaugh doesn't have a 'doghouse'"??
Old 03-14-2013   #412
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

[quote=htowntexans1985;2136127]Wth is going on?!? Almost 5 o'clock and still no word. It would be an embarrassment to wine and dine reed and send him on a plane to san Francisco.[/QUOTE]

C'mon, what are your real expectations? This is an old game fre agents use to leverage more money, and the Texans are the defacto leverage. How many times has this happened before? I'm not sure Rick and company have what it takes to make that deal, besides the cap issues we have. My guess is Ed gets his tummy filled, his ego stroked and then flies off to sign with San Francisco
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #413
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats far from the truth .... We all liked Pollard .... We just knew he wasnt very good in coverage. His moving to Baltimore and being paired with Ed Reeed was probably the best situation he could have possibly landed in. It allowed him to play his brand of football and mask his weaknesses ....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #414
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
A lot? I can't find one on this board after a search. I found one that said he was a cancer in KC, but that was it aside from this thread. This board has posts that go back many years, so it's safe to assume someone around here would be using that term with his name if he was seen that way. Maybe he was in KC or Baltimore, but certainly not in Houston.

It tells me they didn't do their homework, because his contract expired in Houston.

Oh no! Players challenged Harbaugh's decision? That's what you think a cancer is? We obviously have very different ideas of what cancers are in regard to the NFL. Most notably, guys that are extremely selfish, egomaniacs, lazy, constant distractions and couldn't care less about the team are what I consider cancers. Guys like Albert Haynesworth, Terrell Owens, Chad Ochocinco, Randy Moss, etc are notoriously said to be cancers. Now they weren't that way their entire careers, but you probably know what I'm talking about. Putting Ed Reed in that class for protesting practice with pads is just dumb. You're applying the term to make him look bad.

Well good for you. Saying the guy is a cancer is pretty low though. He's been in that locker room long enough to where I would think he deserves better than assuming he's a cancer due to one incident or saying he was not a leader.
Man, Dutch, you don't need any more rep, LOL!

Stop making sense.
Old 03-14-2013   #415
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Thats far from the truth .... We all liked Pollard .... We just knew he wasnt very good in coverage. His moving to Baltimore and being paired with Ed Reeed was probably the best situation he could have possibly landed in. It allowed him to play his brand of football and mask his weaknesses ....
In fact, some of us were willing to overlook his faulty coverage skills because we loved the fire he brought to the team.
Old 03-14-2013   #416
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider
Texans announce that Ed Reed's visit continues at Reliant Stadium. All is going smoothly so far and they're in same ballpark on expectations
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #417
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I didn't. I LOVED him. He was the beginning of the attitude change on our team. Loved him!
Old 03-14-2013   #418
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Pretty sure Bob wouldn't send him on his way to Frisco in his jet.
Hey, you never know.
Last-ditch effort may just work; at least, it would show the effort.

I know, fat chance.
But wouldn't it be funny that he came to town with a lot of fanfare and leaves in obscurity?

Now don't tell me that Obama is sending Air Force One to collect him and force Shanahan to take Reed at all cost, no matter how big the deficit is, LOL!
Old 03-14-2013   #419
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I didn't. I LOVED him. He was the beginning of the attitude change on our team. Loved him!
You are getting rep for that one, my friend. Because you are 100 percent correct: Pollard was the "attitude" turning point for this team. He brought a heat to the Texans that we had ever, ever, EVER had before.

Completely correct, and well said.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #420
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder outside of Ed Reed if Rick Smith has another trick up his sleeve?
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read