Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013   #341
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Its from the same article....I could care less about neg reps and that high school crap.

I have no interest in worrying about what someone else thinks about my reputation on a Football message board.
Nobody ever called Pollard a cancer when he was with the Texans, everyone loved his aggression and hard-nosed attitude around here. He couldn't cover well, but Frank Bush was his DC, so I'm not surprised he performed better in Baltimore.

I have never heard anyone call Ed Reed a cancer, but you're implying that he was in Baltimore.

Now that both have left your team you come in here proclaiming that they were terrible guys in the locker room with no leadership. Yeah, right... Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Old 03-14-2013   #342
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

The ignore feature is almost pointless.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #343
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

So did we reach an agreement with him?

I'm getting worried that a deal won't get done and he will sign with the 49ers.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #344
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 107472 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post

Yes, 10 years 75 million with 50 guaranteed
Old 03-14-2013   #345
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post

If it happens, it'll come out later today. F5'ing right now is probably going to keep you up to date on nothing happening.
Old 03-14-2013   #346
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
DAMN! I think we could have gotten him for 11 years! FIRE RICK!!
Old 03-14-2013   #347
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ballin!!!!
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #348
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 107472 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
DAMN! I think we could have gotten him for 11 years! FIRE RICK!!
I think we tried, but didn't feel it was worth having to add two tennis balls for his walker
Old 03-14-2013   #349
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
When you misrepresent the subject or the player, then I call you on it. Just like I would expect to be called out when I say somethig out of line.
I'm not misrepresenting anything when I say top receivers adjust to the ball. But you take it as an insult to your QB, even though I've clearly been on Flacco's side.

Quote:
Ed Reed has been talking retirement around here for 3 yrs. He's not the Lockerroom leader you guys think he is. He is a loner. He works out in teoff season with his "U" buddies. He cannot wrap up or straight up tackle anymore.
I don't think Ed Reed is a leader at all, that's not my argument. I don't want him here to lead Jjo, Manning, & Kj. I personally don't think we need him for that.

I want someone that Brady & Manning respects playing center field.
Old 03-14-2013   #350
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 266080 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Nobody ever called Pollard a cancer when he was with the Texans, everyone loved his aggression and hard-nosed attitude around here. He couldn't cover well, but Frank Bush was his DC, so I'm not surprised he performed better in Baltimore.

I have never heard anyone call Ed Reed a cancer, but you're implying that he was in Baltimore.

Now that both have left your team you come in here proclaiming that they were terrible guys in the locker room with no leadership. Yeah, right... Sounds like sour grapes to me.
QFT
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #351
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
schewwww.....

I thought he was going to be unrealistic about his demands.
Old 03-14-2013   #352
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now that is one pricey hurdle:

Old 03-14-2013   #353
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
The Texans have not had many bad FA signings either so I'm not sure what that is about.

Yall should have fun with Jacoby in a bigger role though without Boldin, good luck with that.
Lol. Jacoby as a number 2. Priceless!!!!!!
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #354
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary Striewski ‏@garystriewski

Safety Ed Reed just walked into #Reliant Stadium alongside two advisors and #Texans GM Rick Smith.
Old 03-14-2013   #355
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

That's awesome, see the way he sets Moreno up perfectly for his teammate to whack him?

That's selflessness. That's leadership.
Old 03-14-2013   #356
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Gary Striewski ‏@garystriewski

Safety Ed Reed just walked into #Reliant Stadium alongside two advisors and #Texans GM Rick Smith.
he JUST walked into Reliant? Damn. That was a long car ride. Perhaps they stopped for lunch at one of Bill's favorite establishments

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #357
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

how do we be so conservative

not paying

Winston
Mike B
Leech
Quinn
and letting Barwin walk

but want to spend or money and a olllld vet Saftey ...???

shouldnt we just be conservative all the way and get a Mid teir / lower teir F/a or a draft pick Saftey ..????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #358
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nope- I pointed out that in the same article where people wanted to praise Ed for his "leadership" by standing up to the head coach in front of te whole team, about not practicing pads was also looked at like a 'mutiny' by management. Pollard stood in solidarity with Ed, Pollard was cut, his cap savings were $1million....nothing...it was a message to the Lewis-less lockerroom that Harbaugh owns it, not guys like Pollard, Reed....that why Ed is being allowd to go out and see what he can get. Ray Lewis wasallowed back in 09 to see wha he could get: market was slim to nothing for him. vAll that noise about Reed is jus tha, noise.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #359
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
how do we be so conservative

not paying

Winston
Mike B
Leech
Quinn
and letting Barwin walk

but want to spend or money and a olllld vet Saftey ...???

shouldnt we just be conservative all the way and get a Mid teir / lower teir F/a or a draft pick Saftey ..????
You are going to focus on his birthday and ignore his play last season?
Old 03-14-2013   #360
djohn2oo8
Veteran

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary Striewski‏@garystriewski
#Texans flew out to scoop Reed from his Atlanta home. Now at the stadium to try and hash out a deal.
#NFL #FreeAgency

Guess they went to lunch first
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read