Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2013   #121
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

This would be a great move for Texans. Reed is one of my favorite players. Even being long in the tooth the guy seems to make plays when needed and to step up at the right time. You can always use a hard nosed vet running the defensive backfield.
Old 03-14-2013   #122
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
I think that Smith is a good GM but if you put it out there that the guy is a priority you should offer him some sort of contract, anything. Either do that or give a Belichick type answer, guy cracks me up. If I were a player I would personally take his word with a grain of salt. All these guys talk to each other and look at these FA situations closely. I bet that they are very surprised that an offer was not made and trust their boss less today than they did a couple of days ago.
You are taking the player's (more specifically his agent's) side of the story too much. if the agent told Smith that Quin wanted to go to market either way or the talks indicated that there was a pretty good gap bewteen what Quin was demanding why would Smith make a formal offer that Quin and his agent would spin as insulting well below market value and not sign?

BTW, I am for a player like Quin getting every nickle he can from the market. He did not get the silly signing bonus, and this is probably his only chance to get anywhere "never having to work post football" money.
Old 03-14-2013   #123
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll preface my remarks by saying I am an Ed Reed fan but that I have been disappointed with his play over the last 4-5 years. I say that because everything hasn't always been 'peaches n cream' here in Baltimore. I am not a 'disgruntled Baltimore fan'- I am pretty objective when it comes to my own team.

#1- Ed Reed hasn't been able to 'wrap up' or 'tackle' anyone since his neck impingement. Too many times over the last few years we have watched Ed go in for the big hit only to see the WR bounce off Ed and walk into the endzone.

#2-Too many times over the last few seasons, we have watched Ed "gamble" instead of staying within the scheme or defense called, that leaves a DB on an island/one on one, that results in a big play.

#3- Ed has been about himself over the last few years; will he retire, will he not? It has played out over the last few seasons and I for one, am tired of it.

#4- Ed has never been tight with John Harbaugh, the former DB coach turned HC, and when the Mike Silver article came out, both he and Pollard were id'ed as the ringleaders. Harbaugh doesn't like that; he carries a grudge, he doesn't like to be challenged.

Thats why Ed is on the plane to Houston right now.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #124
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

i don't expect much from this, to be honest i'd rather have woodson...but if he signs...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #125
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Amazing that the ravens were able To win the superbowl with garbage Flacco, stupid jacoby, can't cover pollard, way over the hill ray Lewis, egocentric harbaugh, gimpy stupid Suggs and now the newest addition can't do anything Ed Reed.

Simply astonishing that a team with that many players holding them back (not to mention without their best corner) could manage to make the play offs let alone win on the road twice against the best QB's of this era in lieu to a superbowl win.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #126
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed reed is signing here.

The team posted that Rick smith is in mcnair's private jet right now picking up Ed reed. I personally think that it's pretty much already a done deal.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #127
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I wasn't being sarcastic. I think it would work. We have our core why not surround them with great veteran leadership? On top of that it would allow us to draft BPA by eliminating glaring needs.
Agree 100%. In our big games we shrunk under pressure. We have no real calming veteran influence to get young guys to settle down and play ball. Would love to get a few guys who have won in big situations to come in here and team with our youth.
Old 03-14-2013   #128
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Ed reed is signing here.

The team posted that Rick smith is in mcnair's private jet right now picking up Ed reed. I personally think that it's pretty much already a done deal.
Yeah i don't see how he will be leaving without a contract. Unless 49rs offer a ungodly amount for him....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #129
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ed reed is signing here.

I agree, and I have a really strange feeling we'll try to re-structure and extend Smith, and still make a play for Woodson. With the way Woodson has been used they all would still be on the field a ton together. Just a hunch on that one.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #130
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
#4- Ed has never been tight with John Harbaugh, the former DB coach turned HC, and when the Mike Silver article came out, both he and Pollard were id'ed as the ringleaders. Harbaugh doesn't like that; he carries a grudge, he doesn't like to be challenged.

Thats why Ed is on the plane to Houston right now.
"I've got a rule: I never, ever, ever hold a grudge," Harbaugh said. "And I kind of have a rule that nobody else is allowed to hold a grudge, either. There are no grudges. We're a bunch of guys. We don't hold grudges. Right? We move on."
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #131
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ed reed is signing here.

Sounds pretty good to me. The Texans need to sign either him or Woodson, the thought of Keo back there just makes me wanna hurl.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #132
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
the thought of Keo
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #133
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Not agreeing with him at all..see my statements above..just posting for viewpoint

Quote:
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

As someone who has followed Houston sports my entire life, a signing of Ed Reed would feel a lot like the addition of Barkley by Rockets
Quote:
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

Rockets were trying to keep their window of opportunity open with Barkley but he added zero to their future hopes. Reed feels band-aidish
Quote:
Sean Pendergast ‏@SeanCablinasian

@LanceZierlein You mean it would feel awesome?? #LifelongBarkleyFanHere
Old 03-14-2013   #134
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Not agreeing with him at all..see my statements above..just posting for viewpoint
I get where Lance is coming from, but we teamed Barkley up with and old and quickly aging unit at that time. It was a bad marriage. The situations are different to me as well.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #135
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Amazing that the ravens were able To win the superbowl with garbage Flacco, stupid jacoby, can't cover pollard, way over the hill ray Lewis, egocentric harbaugh, gimpy stupid Suggs and now the newest addition can't do anything Ed Reed.

Simply astonishing that a team with that many players holding them back (not to mention without their best corner) could manage to make the play offs let alone win on the road twice against the best QB's of this era in lieu to a superbowl win.
Yeah, they were 10-6 in regular season, a 4th and 29 in Sandiego away from collapsing, a 70 yd bomb lucky in Denver, and a non called DPI in the SB away from failure....
Old 03-14-2013   #136
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
this is how i kinda feel...about it...to be honest. I know what he's done in the league, but i've also seen Schaub have his way with him the last couple of match ups too.
Old 03-14-2013   #137
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
"I've got a rule: I never, ever, ever hold a grudge," Harbaugh said. "And I kind of have a rule that nobody else is allowed to hold a grudge, either. There are no grudges. We're a bunch of guys. We don't hold grudges. Right? We move on."
Coachspeak- thats some serious bullshart right there.

Jared Gaither was his first example. Other guys left as soon as they could in FA. Ellerbe was in Harb's ''doghouse'' all last year, starts this year, gets big FA deal in Miami, McKinnie on the bench this year, Pollard release, etc...more examples...
Old 03-14-2013   #138
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Yeah, they were 10-6 in regular season, a 4th and 29 in Sandiego away from collapsing, a 70 yd bomb lucky in Denver, and a non called DPI in the SB away from failure....
But those are the kinds of things that need to happen to win SB's these days..rare do teams dominate from start to finish these days...the last team i remember like that was probably one of those 90's cowboys teams.
Old 03-14-2013   #139
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 122409 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it to late to release Keo and bring Nolan back ??? This FO and some of their choices makes me question their thought process.
Old 03-14-2013   #140
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
this is how i kinda feel...about it...to be honest. I know what he's done in the league, but i've also seen Schaub have his way with him the last couple of match ups too.
Can't complain because they won a SB but the Cowboys lit them..Ravens D.. up last year in a loss...481 yards, 221 on ground. Romo was 25 of 36 and 261 and 2 TDs. So...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read