Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-13-2013   #41
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nnamdi a Texan????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
Do you think they'd move Kareem to S if they signed Aso?

He's obviously excelled as a CB but I think his skillset fits that of a safety as well.
If I remember correctly, Asomugha played some S early in his career as a Raider & I think this is were the Texans would want him. Just like Reed & Woodson I think he would only be a temporary stop gap for a year or 2 at S. Can't say I would be upset because I believe he still can play, but he will probably want to redeem himself as a CB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
John McClain: Texans love their starting CBs Johnathan Joseph and Kareem Jackson. Unless Asomugha is ready to move to S he won't be coming to Houston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
John McLaim don't know ****!
Couldn't agree w/ you more on this one! I knew we could agree!! Lol!

McLame is horrible as a so-called "insider" & for the most part he doesn't seem to know much. This is the same goof who claimed over & over Mario was the Texans #1 priority when by Mario's own admission they never even really offered him anything. What a joke...
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #42
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Cut Manning and sign both Aso and Reed play them at both S positions.

I think the whole 'have a big safety' back there is sometimes blown out of proportion, yes these guys arent known to lay the wood, but they arent gonna Philip Buchanon a run play either - I dont think. Obviously just an idea that is KRAY, but i think it could work.

And how do you propose they could pull that off with salary cap #'s???

Why don't we just sign every pro-bowl player out ther and yet, cut pro-bowl players with significant salary cap numbers? Hell, let's sign Reggie White to beef up the D-line. We could always talk Deoin and Ronnie Lott to come back...

If you were smart, bring in a corner and convert Kareem Jackson to a safety with Manning because Ed Reed (other than a short term answer) isn't really the answer....

In any event, this is a strong class for DB's. I suggest the Texans use a pick or two on DB's (preferably later rounds).
Old 03-13-2013   #43
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

And how do you propose they could pull that off with salary cap #'s???

Why don't we just sign every pro-bowl player out ther and yet, cut pro-bowl players with significant salary cap numbers? Hell, let's sign Reggie White to beef up the D-line. We could always talk Deoin and Ronnie Lott to come back...

If you were smart, bring in a corner and convert Kareem Jackson to a safety with Manning because Ed Reed (other than a short term answer) isn't really the answer....

In any event, this is a strong class for DB's. I suggest the Texans use a pick or two on DB's (preferably later rounds).
Convince them this team is going to get them a ring. They've made their money, they will be paid a good portion by their previous team and give the discount. If I wanted to assemble an all pro roster, believe me i would start with better S's than the these two. My thinking was that Manning had a bad year. Will he regain form? Aso and Reed give you size and high IQ back there. You can find a hard hitter to plug into the nickle role if physicality in making a tackle is your cup of tea. Im looking at the possibility of looking at 2 guys on the market who have a great deal of talent IMO, and pairing them up to ball hawk, what i feel we need the most. Im not really trying to insinuate it could happen, but that the combo could be effective.

I bet Kareem would make an awesome FS, he's shut some people up and if the upward trend continues dude could be a stud.

With Ed Reed you get more than just football ability, which is still high. Leadership,experience,mentality. Intangibles. You have to make that move man, the timing is right. This team lacks leaders.
Old 03-14-2013   #44
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cut everyone and sign some street FA's.

FIFY

Cause thats all the cap room you'd have if we cut every player you have mentioned in the past two or three days.

Please put your brain back inside your head ..... and dont take it out to play with again.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #45
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Convince them this team is going to get them a ring. They've made their money, they will be paid a good portion by their previous team and give the discount. If I wanted to assemble an all pro roster, believe me i would start with better S's than the these two. My thinking was that Manning had a bad year. Will he regain form? Aso and Reed give you size and high IQ back there. You can find a hard hitter to plug into the nickle role if physicality in making a tackle is your cup of tea. Im looking at the possibility of looking at 2 guys on the market who have a great deal of talent IMO, and pairing them up to ball hawk, what i feel we need the most. Im not really trying to insinuate it could happen, but that the combo could be effective.

I bet Kareem would make an awesome FS, he's shut some people up and if the upward trend continues dude could be a stud.

With Ed Reed you get more than just football ability, which is still high. Leadership,experience,mentality. Intangibles. You have to make that move man, the timing is right. This team lacks leaders.
Reed and Manning work as a safety combo if we fix the linebacker depth/talent and also put some explosiveness back in the offense. Here's why:

If our front 7 can consistently pressure the QB, then ballhawks in the secondary, even aged ones, will have opportunities for a lot of big plays. If our offense can score and keep teams from pounding the running game, then our cover safeties won't be exposed in the box.

In theory, I love the idea of manning and reed at safety, assuming other needs are addressed. However, I'd also be sure to add some depth behind them, given their age and recent injury history of Ed Reed... In other words, safety still needs to be addressed among the first 4 picks of the draft or with an additional free agent move... I do not want Keo on the roster!!!
Old 03-14-2013   #46
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

With how the rules are in today's NFL and with how the game is played, I'd rather have guys who excel in coverage over guys who are physical. Aso and reed at safety would be excellent. I'd cut manning and if I needed to I'd cut Antonio to make it work.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #47
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Reed and Manning work as a safety combo if we fix the linebacker depth/talent and also put some explosiveness back in the offense. Here's why:

If our front 7 can consistently pressure the QB, then ballhawks in the secondary, even aged ones, will have opportunities for a lot of big plays. If our offense can score and keep teams from pounding the running game, then our cover safeties won't be exposed in the box.

In theory, I love the idea of manning and reed at safety, assuming other needs are addressed. However, I'd also be sure to add some depth behind them, given their age and recent injury history of Ed Reed... In other words, safety still needs to be addressed among the first 4 picks of the draft or with an additional free agent move... I do not want Keo on the roster!!!
It was also a secondary plagued with missed assignments and bad angles. These guys wont ave those sort of problems. Just have to protect Nnambi and Reed from having to play the run. If we land these two, our secondary will be nice.
Old 03-14-2013   #48
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd look for Nnamdi in a 49ers uniform. It's San Fran's turn to one-up the Seahawks.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #49
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I'd look for Nnamdi in a 49ers uniform. It's San Fran's turn to one-up the Seahawks.
That would be going in the opposite direction then if they sign Aso...

I would sign that guy unless he agrees to move to FS...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #50
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
It's going to have to be someone who has a lot of cap space.

I don't think he signs for a long, long time. He took a long, long time to sign with the Eagles. He and his agent do this: They wait and wait, making sure the desperate teams see he's still available...preying on the sense of insecurity that a weaker team, flush with cash to spend, has in regards to fearing that if they wait any longer they won't get him.

There's a few teams who are flush with cap space, he has to sign there. Or he busts someone else's cap situation if the team is up against the cap and has other needs. That's my theory, at least.
Old 03-14-2013   #51
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

if Nnamdi signs with the 49ers do they even have capspace to go after Charles Woodson?
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #52
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77990 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASidd_1990 View Post
if Nnamdi signs with the 49ers do they even have capspace to go after Charles Woodson?
If I remember correctly they are in a VERY good cap situation.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #53
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
If I remember correctly they are in a VERY good cap situation.
That secondary would be insane.
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013   #54
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
With how the rules are in today's NFL and with how the game is played, I'd rather have guys who excel in coverage over guys who are physical. Aso and reed at safety would be excellent. I'd cut manning and if I needed to I'd cut Antonio to make it work.
Reed is getting up there in age. Manning has a lot of ball left to play. Would not cut manning. He had kind of a down season but come on thats not a smart buisness decesion

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read