Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-12-2013   #1
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan
Default Kevin Kolb

is a guy I bet Kubiak would want to bring in on a two year deal if he ends up getting cut.

It is similar to Matt Leinart being brought in after he failed to reach his potential and Kubiak kicked the tires on him. He also seems to fit this system well.

Since we all know the Texans publicly have their quarterback this could be a low risk high reward signing for us.

Schaub/Kolb/Yates would be a nice trio to bring into camp and if Schaub falters the coaching staff would of gotten their hands on Kolb and Yates would be in his third year now so they might actually make a switch in season if needed.

Thoughts?

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #2
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kevin Kolb

No....and wrong forum
Old 03-12-2013   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh..as a fellow Coog it pains me to say that Kolb is damaged goods. In addition to not being able to stay healthy he makes terrible decisions. We've got enough of that with Schaubie. I'd rather us just pick up someone that has the potential to be a starter for us in the draft. This is the draft to do that in since noone is really standing out at the Qb spot.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

No. Just no.
Old 03-13-2013   #5
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would you want Kolb when Keenum is already a better QB.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #6
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am a UH fan and I would take KK over Keenum pea shooter arm any day of the week.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 240592 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Kolb is a QB that Gary could rehabilitate, but I think he'd have to replace our #2 as the coaches were pretty solidly behind Keenum. My understanding is Keenum arm is better than TJ's.

Not seeing room for Kolb here, unless he's out of the league otherwise and comes in as a #4. That's unlikely with teams like Buffalo out there.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2013   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanskan View Post
Schaub/Kolb/Yates would be a nice trio to bring into camp...

Thoughts?
I'm not against it, but if Yates takes a back seat to Kolb, might as well ditch him & continue grooming Keenum. We don't need a stable of back-up QBs, we need a potential starter behind Schaub. If they think Yates is that potential starter, there's no reason to kick the tires on Kolb.
Old 03-13-2013   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather have Fitzpatrick than Kolb.

Fitz is a better QB than what he was in Buffalo. He had nothing to work with there. Inconsistency at RB, WR, TE, OL, bad system and poor coaching.

I'd take him over Yates.
Old 03-13-2013   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is it every guy that has ever played QB in Texas is automatically a guy Kubiak would like. This in state love affair between posters and QBs has got to stop. Just because a guy doesn't play in Texas doesn't mean he's horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #11
Vance87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59514 Vance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respectedVance87 is a quality contributor and well respected

Vance87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #12
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't forget the Texans currently have 4 QB's. They signed Stephen McGee about 6 weeks ago.
Old 03-13-2013   #13
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm an UH fan, and I don't want Kolb.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #14
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kolb gets cut and If Kubiak has any interest in him then I'm sure he'll bring him in to kick the tires and talk to him. Whatever he decides after that I'm fine with. To me Kolb was potential and now is probably broken beyond repair whether that's from coaching "neglect" in Philadelphia and Arizona or simply being in over his head at this level. I don't think it matters. If Kubiak thinks he's done then that's it. If Kubiak thinks he's got value and wants him then the Texans will make him an offer.
Old 03-13-2013   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary just said ..... No.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'd rather have Fitzpatrick than Kolb.

Fitz is a better QB than what he was in Buffalo. He had nothing to work with there. Inconsistency at RB, WR, TE, OL, bad system and poor coaching.

I'd take him over Yates.
That's what I was thinking as well. IF Kubiak decides he wants a new backup QB, I'd rather take Fitzpatrick over Kolb. I don't think Kolb is bad, but I imagine he has David Carr-syndrome after the beating he took behind his o-line in Arizona. Plus, Fitzpatrick is just better.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #17
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
Don't forget the Texans currently have 4 QB's. They signed Stephen McGee about 6 weeks ago.
Garys not bringing in Kolb

He's got his Aggie.

McGee is the best QB on the roster IMHO and I like Keenum.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #18
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Why is it every guy that has ever played QB in Texas is automatically a guy Kubiak would like. This in state love affair between posters and QBs has got to stop. Just because a guy doesn't play in Texas doesn't mean he's horrible.
I remember Kubiak liking Kolb a bunch during the pre-draft stuff then we traded for Schaub.

Kolb has the look of someone who can really fit into this system. Low risk/high reward.

I could care less where he went to school

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

He's supposed to be let go today after restructuring talks failed. Dude made 20.5 million while with the Cards. lol damn!
Old 03-15-2013   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post

You say that like somebody who didn't post that in Texas.....

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read