Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2013   #61
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ed Reed to visit Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'd rather see someone like Michael Huff than someone like Reed going on his 12th season. Reed is past his prime. Why don't the ratbirds just pay the man if he is so valuable? Personally, I don't want the used up players from good teams as they move forward and we take on the reasons they are moving on....we run tons of man. Reed can't cover in man like he used to and he can't close the gap like he used to in space. I just don't like the idea of him at this point in his career. If we ran tons of cover2 or we ran lots of zone in general I get it...but with Wade's defense I don't understand the reasoning.
You make some great points, but man Michael Huff blows. Seen way too many Chargers/Raiders games with that guy playing and he's not very good. I'd rather have Kerry Rhodes before him.

Maybe Wade sees a change in philosophy for us. Might be that Wade watched the playoffs and realized that you can't consistently bait teams into taking advantage of favorable match ups anymore.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #62
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be highly atypical for this FO to bring in someone like Ed Reed.
Old 03-13-2013   #63
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, so perhaps I got too extreeeeme with the Michael Huff reference.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #64
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Wade would really have to change his scheme with Reed and Manning as his safeties. It's probably for the best anyway. The man scheme is AWFUL against the spread that teams are going to nowadays.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #65
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

As said earlier better than what we have on the roster right now. Pair him with DMan the guy is a ball hawk and a proven leader who is not skeeret of the bright lights of a big game ie MNF, Pats, 2nd round of play offs and is not a half azzer. It's balls to the wall with Reed with no BS right in the same mode as Watt, Cush,and JJo. 2 years and draft one this year. Very good safety draft this year and having Reed in the locker room is PRICELESS.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #66
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh...

Depends on what he wants. He's going into his 12th season and could be a short term solution. Ney, I meant a really good - short term solution. That said, I would've rather invested more to keep Glover Quin as he is way younger.
Old 03-13-2013   #67
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 282115 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
You make some great points, but man Michael Huff blows... I'd rather have Kerry Rhodes before him.
I'd prefer Rhodes, too, but Huff has been playing out of position a lot. In 2012, he was moved to LCB for games 3-16. The guy has experience at all DB positions, but FS is his natural.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #68
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen him headed to Houston, Indy, Denver and San Fran from various tweets.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #69
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Ed Reed for a season and hopefully we can draft someone in rounds 3-5 to take over the position in 2014.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #70
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I'd prefer Rhodes, too, but Huff has been playing out of position a lot. In 2012, he was moved to LCB for games 3-16. The guy has experience at all DB positions, but FS is his natural.
True, he has been moved around a lot in his time there but he had some really bad seasons there. I know he improved some from those, but he could only go up from being that bad.

If I had to rank the guys out of who I want based on what I think they'll cost to get them I'd say:

1. Reed
2. Rhodes
3. Woodson
4. Mikell (I don't think he's signed with anyone yet)
5. Aso and move him to safety
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #71
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Just popped up on my Facebook feed
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #72
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to believe those of you that say Reed is over the hill. Yet, every year there he is ... making plays in the most important games.

This team needs more winners IMO. That swagger is infectious, and the more of those guys that can come around the better. Draft a young S and let the man groom him a year or two.

I write this knowing full well that it wont happen, but trying to discredit the move using his playing ability is futile. The man leads by example. Pay the man Rick.
Old 03-13-2013   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
But...but wait. I've read right here within the last 1/2 hour or so that "Ed Reed would never play for the Texans.

I also remember reading on this board that Ed Reed lost a step over the last 4 or 5 months.
Old 03-13-2013   #74
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Realistically, he's fetching the highest contract so the Ravens can match it.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Never thought about the Reed/Andre connection. Andre should be busting his ass to recruit him.
It might be a done deal, & this is all a formality.

That would explain not making an official offer to Quin.
Old 03-13-2013   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
According to ProFootballFocus, Ed Reed was rated overall 59 out of 88 Safties (>25% team snaps) in 2012.

That's one notch below Quintin Demps, the lowest rated Texans S in 2012.
That may be true, but I guarantee you Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, & the great Joe Flacco would rather see Demps between Kj & Jj than Ed Reed.
Old 03-13-2013   #77
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
I'd like to believe those of you that say Reed is over the hill. Yet, every year there he is ... making plays in the most important games.

This team needs more winners IMO. That swagger is infectious, and the more of those guys that can come around the better. Draft a young S and let the man groom him a year or two.

I write this knowing full well that it wont happen, but trying to discredit the move using his playing ability is futile. The man leads by example. Pay the man Rick.
Agreed. We're going to need all of the big-time playmakers we can get on defense. Because that new-look Broncos offense is going to be highly explosive with the addition of Wes Welker. Denver is probably going to be the team to beat in the AFC but we shouldn't be far off from them.

Not sure about your last paragraph though? I've got inside information telling me Ed Reed will sign with Houston (practically a done deal), but I can't really disclose my information until it's official. So just wait it out a little while my friend.
Old 03-13-2013   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
It would be highly atypical for this FO to bring in someone like Ed Reed.
Agreed, in typical Texans fashion, he'll come in on Friday & leave on Friday. At that point, Rick needs to move on.
Old 03-13-2013   #79
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently we've been hot after him ever since FA began. Makes me wonder if we truly wanted to re-sign Quin or not.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Quote:
The Texans have been involved and in on Ed Reed since the start of free agency, not sudden development, per sources
Quote:
Texans have made an extremely strong bid to woo Ed Reed. Whether a quick deal happens remains unclear, but they are off to a strong start
Quote:
Sources emphasize that the 49ers are actually a legit contender for Ed Reed should the Texans visit not lead to a fast deal.
Quote:
The Indianapolis Colts, coached by Chuck Pagano, could emerge as a suitor for Reed, but it will depend on price and his other opportunities
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #80
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17795 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
Agreed. We're going to need all of the big-time playmakers we can get on defense. Because that new-look Broncos offense is going to be highly explosive with the addition of Wes Welker. Denver is probably going to be the team to beat in the AFC but we shouldn't be far off from them.

Not sure about your last paragraph though? I've got inside information telling me Ed Reed will sign with Houston (practically a done deal), but I can't really disclose my information until it's official. So just wait it out a little while my friend.
Denver will have to add many,many more dink and dunk plays for him because he doesnt have the separation and quickness that he once had, strong on paper, will have to see how that will mesh, but no doubt the Bronco's arent playing around, that Vasquez signing was real strong also. Hmm, wonder where they are getting the money to pay all these guys, Peyton included. Oh yeah they have a great GM.

Forgive me for being crass, but if I had a nickle for every forum contributor that i've run into through the years that said he had 'insider info' and the such, well i'd have like 20 cents, but you get my drift. I hope you're right, but like other guys here have said, too flashy and atypical for the Texans to sign a polarizing player, they are too conservative and 'classy' for all that nonsense.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read