Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-11-2013   #1
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 35618 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ravens trade Anquan Bolding to SF for 6th-round pick

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...6344--nfl.html

6th round pick? The 49ers got a good deal. I can't believe the Texans weren't in on this. Trading for Boldin would've given us more options in the draft.
Old 03-11-2013   #2
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ravens trade Anquan Bolding to SF for 6th-round pick

It's the salary that's the killer. They had the cap room right now to absorb it I guess.

The 49ers had way too many draft picks anyway. Expect them to wheel and deal like crazy during the draft. There's no way they will use up all of their picks.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #3
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
It's the salary that's the killer. They had the cap room right now to absorb it I guess.

The 49ers had way too many draft picks anyway. Expect them to wheel and deal like crazy during the draft. There's no way they will use up all of their picks.
IDK, $6m base and cap; Walter savings could reduce that a bit.
Old 03-11-2013   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 03-11-2013   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Gotta admit, when I heard the 49ers got Bolden for a 6th round pick & $6M... I was pissed.

After a few minutes, I got home.... fixed a drink, sat down.... relaxed a bit, I reassessed the situation.

& I'm steaming mad.
Old 03-11-2013   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Gotta admit, when I heard the 49ers got Bolden for a 6th round pick & $6M... I was pissed.

After a few minutes, I got home.... fixed a drink, sat down.... relaxed a bit, I reassessed the situation.

& I'm steaming mad.
Even if for one year, Bolden would allow either a draft pick, Posey or Jean a chance to be ready for 2014.
Old 03-11-2013   #7
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3891 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like they might draft a WR 1st round. Jacoby is now #1.
Old 03-11-2013   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Total nepotism.
Old 03-11-2013   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Teams are making noves all over the NFL. Texans?

Dont give me the cap crap, Rick/Olson created the cap issues. Other teams were able to look ahead and keep their cap house in order. Texans?

BTW, Benn from Tampa Bay could be had for a 6-7th rd pick. While he hasn't lit the NFL on fire, he has ability and is a good blocker. Worth a shot? Salary next yr 650,000
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Agreed, or sign one in FA. Torrey Smith WR1.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

& I'm steaming mad.
I'd love to have Bolden .... but the fact of the matter is the Texans dont have the cap space.

SF has the cap space to absorb that $6m .... They get significantly better with this move .... but the Ravens lose an impact player.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...I'm steaming mad.
Not me. $6 million for a guy who turns 33 and has 7 TDs in his last 33 reg season games and isn't running past many guys.

AB is a leader, and plays angry, but that's a fit for perhaps only the 49ers and only for one year imo.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post

BTW, Benn from Tampa Bay could be had for a 6-7th rd pick. While he hasn't lit the NFL on fire, he has ability and is a good blocker. Worth a shot? Salary next yr 650,000
Don't you think we have enough developmental guys? I understand trying to replace Posey, but wouldn't you think a 6th/7th could be put to better use & try to catch this guy in FA?
Old 03-11-2013   #14
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
No Torrey Smith is #1, Pitta is a close 2nd. Tandon Doss was drafted for the slot but has been slowed in dev since Boldin was here, his time to shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Total nepotism.
Vikings offered a 7th, 9er's offered a 6th. Last I checked Ozzie Newsome is Balts GM and Trent Baalke is 9ers GM- Harbs bros had nothing to do with it...
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #15
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Not me. $6 million for a guy who turns 33 and has 7 TDs in his last 33 reg season games and isn't running past many guys.

AB is a leader, and plays angry, but that's a fit for perhaps only the 49ers and only for one year imo.
Pretty muc how i See it- disappointed, yes. Surprised? no
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Is that you Kevin (Walter)?
Old 03-11-2013   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Vikings offered a 7th, 9er's offered a 6th. Last I checked Ozzie Newsome is Balts GM and Trent Baalke is 9ers GM- Harbs bros had nothing to do with it...
LOL - yeah, OK. And Rick Smith makes all the personnel decisions in Houston.

This is basically a 7th round pick (i.e. effectively nothing) for a guy who arguably was the single biggest reason the Ravens are getting fit for rings.
Old 03-11-2013   #18
htowntexans1985
1st Round Pick

Rep Power: 20662 htowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtowntexans1985 is a quality contributor and well respected

Imagine how the rams and cardinals feel today. Harvin and Boldin added to the conference all in a matter of hours. Sheesh. Btw Ravens won't win 8 games after that move. He was the toughest most physical wr on that team. Bailed out flacco out of those punts he used to throw.
htowntexans1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is that you Kevin (Walter)?
Yes, it's me KW. I had 5TDs in my last 35 reg season games. I'm bigger, stronger, faster than AB. I needs mo' money!
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 286663 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Texans kind of pissed me off when they didn't even kick the tires on Boldin a few years ago, and today's move pissed me off again. IMO, Boldin is one of the best WRs of this era. He may be a notch below AJ, but he has put up similar numbers, plays tough, and has been more durable. I'd kill to have him teamed with AJ.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read