Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-10-2013   #61
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Matt Schaub Compendium

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
If you see him getting better I understand. Although I haven't seen a QB that had great footwork (Schaub 2009-2010) fall off the cliff in terms of footwork suddenly regain his lost footwork. But hey, there's a 1st time for everything. (I hope you're right)
Many may not remember, but Schaub's footwork factored in as a major attraction by the Texans when they made their selection in 2007.

Quote:
Texans place trust in new QB Schaub
USA TODAY Updated 8/17/2007 11:48 AM

Schaub's footwork and decision-making is expected to help that unit build a new image.
Let me see. A QB is known for his consistently good to great footwork from 2007 to 2010........then sustains a devastating foot injury...........then pertaining to the 2012 season, even the owner is commenting on his sudden ridiculously poor footwork..........................must be an arm or shoulder injury or something.

And to put to rest the question of why would he put himself out there for the ProBowl if his foot was injured and he was having problems because of it? You can have the best surgeon in the world, and all that can be hoped for on his part is that he puts the foot (in this case) back together precisely anatomically. If that is accomplished, the surgery on the part of the surgeon is considered successful. In a Lisfranc, especially when a fracture if involved, despite excellent reconstruction, not uncommonly long-term and/or progressive life-long chronic pain and tenderness can be experienced. And this is not necessarily due to any re-injury.........this can be simply and only due to the ligamentous, bone and/or cartilaginous trauma sustained at the time of the Lisfranc fracture injury.

This would easily explain why Schaub never appeared on the injury report. Pain and/or tenderness is not an indication for why a player is placed on an Injury Report. Otherwise, virtually every player if not every player of an NFL team would be listed on the Injury Report every week.

As far as the Pro Bowl game. As deliniated above, the problem is not one that you worry necessarily about re-injury to a well-repaired Lisfranc. Rather, the pain and tenderness to deal with while playing that game. Schaub could have very well falsely believed that the rest that he received after his last post season game and prior to playing in the Pro Bowl game would have lessened his debility. Yet, with a “stellar” performance in the Pro Bowl, he could have “rehabilitated” his very tarnished reputation stemming from all the nationally televised embarrassments.

If Schaub does, indeed, need any additional surgery on his foot, the need would very unlikely come from re-injury to his foot..........it would most likely be as a result from severe arthritic changes accompanied by its unbearable pain. That type of surgery would require fusion of the bones.........something that would certainly not be expected to leaving him with any great mobility.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013   #62
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
The Matt Schaub Compendium

Basically, my recent blog post is a collection of what is known and unknown about Schaub as he ended 2012.

Contains data. Contains known info. Contains speculation.

Frames the issue, puts the end of 2012 into a larger context.

Think it is fair. Not really interested in neener neener talk about Schaub because I think that is a distraction from just looking at what the knowns and unknowns are. That often pejoratives and tone people use detracts from just talking the football stuff.

It was a hard post to put together but I'm happy that I did. I learned things putting it together, and usually those are the best posts.

Do most people know what a Compendium even is????
Old 03-10-2013   #63
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Many may not remember, but Schaub's footwork factored in as a major attraction by the Texans when they made their selection in 2007.

Let me see. A QB is known for his consistently good to great footwork from 2007 to 2010........then sustains a devastating foot injury...........then pertaining to the 2012 season, even the owner is commenting on his sudden ridiculously poor footwork..........................must be an arm or shoulder injury or something.

And to put to rest the question of why would he put himself out there for the ProBowl if his foot was injured and he was having problems because of it? You can have the best surgeon in the world, and all that can be hoped for on his part is that he puts the foot (in this case) back together precisely anatomically. If that is accomplished, the surgery on the part of the surgeon is considered successful. In a Lisfranc, especially when a fracture if involved, despite excellent reconstruction, not uncommonly long-term and/or progressive life-long chronic pain and tenderness can be experienced. And this is not necessarily due to any re-injury.........this can be simply and only due to the ligamentous, bone and/or cartilaginous trauma sustained at the time of the Lisfranc fracture injury.

This would easily explain why Schaub never appeared on the injury report. Pain and/or tenderness is not an indication for why a player is placed on an Injury Report. Otherwise, virtually every player if not every player of an NFL team would be listed on the Injury Report every week.

As far as the Pro Bowl game. As deliniated above, the problem is not one that you worry necessarily about re-injury to a well-repaired Lisfranc. Rather, the pain and tenderness to deal with while playing that game. Schaub could have very well falsely believed that the rest that he received after his last post season game and prior to playing in the Pro Bowl game would have lessened his debility. Yet, with a “stellar” performance in the Pro Bowl, he could have “rehabilitated” his very tarnished reputation stemming from all the nationally televised embarrassments.

If Schaub does, indeed, need any additional surgery on his foot, the need would very unlikely come from re-injury to his foot..........it would most likely be as a result from severe arthritic changes accompanied by its unbearable pain. That type of surgery would require fusion of the bones.........something that would certainly not be expected to leaving him with any great mobility.
I've always been right there with you.

Just because he's not on an injury report doesn't mean he's not hurting out there.

He gets rest, he works his way back during camp, probably went through preseason feeling decent...then has a great stretch of 7 games or so, then the foot wears down. The stamina wears down. Probably receiving shots to help him get through it each week.

That's been my stance since about the first game vs Patriots. All the spreadsheets in the world don't matter when the eyeball test tells you something isn't right.

At the end of the day, this entire franchise is coming off as if it is compelled to give Matt Schaub the ball no matter what. A duty, an obligation for the sake of the code of loyalty.

Which I think is driving Matt Schaub in a wrong direction physically and psychologically as the QB who now knows he's been given a lot of rope....and you know what they say about one who's given too much rope.

Frankly, I think we're in for a sobering 2013 that makes us once again feeling like we wasted time. I think a guy like Bob McNair is learning hard truths about NFL ownership: You can never be sentimental to the point that you set your team back. Just when he thought we had arrived, and his QB was set for the future, something terrible happens.

Sucks.
Old 03-11-2013   #64
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Matt Schaub is capable of being every bit as good as Joe Flacco. Many people rated Schaub slightly ahead of Joe Montana, I mean err, Joe Flacco going into last season. Just a matter of him getting hot at the right time and playing out of his mind come playoff time. Of course, I say that just to feel better about the this team right now. We aren't good enough to win a Super Bowl at the moment. Hopefully that will change after a good free agency and draft. I want to enter the 2013 season with some swagger and a sense of urgency. Our window of opportunity to win a championship isn't very big. I'd say it has to happen in the next season or two while Andre Johnson is still considered a top three wide receiver in the game. He wasn't even top ten, statistically speaking, before he got super hot during the Jaguars and Lions game last year and set a two-game NFL record for most receiving yards.

We are stuck with Matt Schaub. He's our guy for better or worse. If we were going to make a change we'd have done so last off-season when Peyton Manning had some interest in playing for the Texans. That was a realistic upgrade at the QB position and we failed to pounce on it. So now we have to hope Schaub is capable of leading us to that Lombardi Trophy. If Joe Flacco can do it then certainly Matt Schaub has a chance.
Old 03-11-2013   #65
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
If we were going to make a change we'd have done so last off-season when Peyton Manning had some interest in playing for the Texans. That was a realistic upgrade at the QB position and we failed to pounce on it.
Where were the Texans going to find the extra $9million on the cap to cut Schaub and sign Peyton? Was that "realistic"?
Old 03-11-2013   #66
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Where were the Texans going to find the extra $9million on the cap to cut Schaub and sign Peyton? Was that "realistic"?
Did we even get to the money part though? Seems like we came out and didn't even pitch an offer, doesn't really seem like Peyton really needs the extra money.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #67
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Did we even get to the money part though? Seems like we came out and didn't even pitch an offer, doesn't really seem like Peyton really needs the extra money.
In hindsight, it's easy to say we should have gotten Peyton, considering the seasons Schaub & Peyton had. Keep in mind, in 2011 Schaub was having a good season until his injury. At the same time, people were wondering whether Peyton will ever be the same or if he could last a whole season. Peyton was too risky to gamble on while we already had a decent QB.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #68
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Matt Schaub is capable of being every bit as good as Joe Flacco. Many people rated Schaub slightly ahead of Joe Montana, I mean err, Joe Flacco going into last season. Just a matter of him getting hot at the right time and playing out of his mind come playoff time. Of course, I say that just to feel better about the this team right now. We aren't good enough to win a Super Bowl at the moment. Hopefully that will change after a good free agency and draft. I want to enter the 2013 season with some swagger and a sense of urgency. Our window of opportunity to win a championship isn't very big. I'd say it has to happen in the next season or two while Andre Johnson is still considered a top three wide receiver in the game. He wasn't even top ten, statistically speaking, before he got super hot during the Jaguars and Lions game last year and set a two-game NFL record for most receiving yards.

We are stuck with Matt Schaub. He's our guy for better or worse. If we were going to make a change we'd have done so last off-season when Peyton Manning had some interest in playing for the Texans. That was a realistic upgrade at the QB position and we failed to pounce on it. So now we have to hope Schaub is capable of leading us to that Lombardi Trophy. If Joe Flacco can do it then certainly Matt Schaub has a chance.
I agree partly with this. Joe Flacco looked like garbage most of the year so they ran Cam Cameron out of town towards the end of the season and come playoff time Flacco started looking like Aaron Rodgers. You can speculate that Flacco just got hot at the right time....but the more likely scenario is that him getting hot at the right time & the combo of better playcalling were key factors. Kubiak won't change his philosophy until **** is out of hand...by the time the end of the season rolled around, teams knew this and played him accordingly.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #69
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 19116 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
In hindsight, it's easy to say we should have gotten Peyton, considering the seasons Schaub & Peyton had. Keep in mind, in 2011 Schaub was having a good season until his injury. At the same time, people were wondering whether Peyton will ever be the same or if he could last a whole season. Peyton was too risky to gamble on while we already had a decent QB.
I didn't say we were being unfair I just said we didn't even kick the tires on that one it seems. At least not publically maybe behind the scenes.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #70
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14302 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. It didn't get to that point of offering a contract but had it, no question the Texans would have found a way to finalize a deal. Creating that kind of cap space to sign a star player is merely getting a handful of players to restructure their deals. It's not as difficult as people make it seem, especially after the Texans had already cleared a lot of salary last off-season. Mind you, this was before the Texans extended Schaub's contract, which is currently going to make more than Tom Brady of all players (after his clever restructuring).

Bob McNair was interviewed on ABC 13 about a week before Peyton signed with Denver and said the Texans certainly weren't surprised by his interest. But Bob McNair also reinforced the concerns the team had with his injuries, and expressed the faith they had in Matt Schaub, and said the organization already had an elite quarterback they were confident could lead them to the Super Bowl.
Old 03-11-2013   #71
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I've always been right there with you.

Just because he's not on an injury report doesn't mean he's not hurting out there.
I'm still not buying it. He's not on the injury report, he doesn't miss any practice. Then he plays in a game (including practices) he was under no obligation to play.... We couldn't score TDs, we couldn't convert 3rd & 1s on the ground, we couldn't keep the other team out of the endzone & it was all because Schaub is gimpy.

For some reason, I think it was something else.

Quote:
I think Matt Schaub is capable of being every bit as good as Joe Flacco. Many people rated Schaub slightly ahead of Joe Montana, I mean err, Joe Flacco going into last season. Just a matter of him getting hot at the right time and playing out of his mind come playoff time.
If we go to the play offs 5 years running, I like the odds of our team gelling & getting the job done. Yes Flacco had an amazing run, but so did Bolden, Torrey, & Jacoby. & their goal line defense showed up when it mattered most.
Old 03-11-2013   #72
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'll trust the ortho over your opinion, TK, when it comes to how modern-day coaches/trainers/athletes deal with nagging injuries like chronic foot pain and inability to fully rely upon the severely traumatized area that has a high rate of failure as time wears on.

Just sayin'.....
Old 03-11-2013   #73
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I didn't say we were being unfair I just said we didn't even kick the tires on that one it seems. At least not publically maybe behind the scenes.
Fair enough. I would have liked for the Texans inquire myself. But you know the Texans FO is all about loyalty. Both a good and bad trait to have.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #74
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Silvrhand, I don't think the Texans even need to kick the tires.
By my estimate, the Texans would need between $6-8M extra to acquire Peyton.
There's no way to make things work.

Pay-Me would never leave even half that amount on the table.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #75
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. It didn't get to that point of offering a contract but had it, no question the Texans would have found a way to finalize a deal. Creating that kind of cap space to sign a star player is merely getting a handful of players to restructure their deals. It's not as difficult as people make it seem, especially after the Texans had already cleared a lot of salary last off-season. Mind you, this was before the Texans extended Schaub's contract, which is currently going to make more than Tom Brady of all players (after his clever restructuring).

Bob McNair was interviewed on ABC 13 about a week before Peyton signed with Denver and said the Texans certainly weren't surprised by his interest. But Bob McNair also reinforced the concerns the team had with his injuries, and expressed the faith they had in Matt Schaub, and said the organization already had an elite quarterback they were confident could lead them to the Super Bowl.
1. Too much risk, health-wise.
2. Too much risk, financially, when you kick too many cans down the road.
(I compare this to the US government deficit-spending that brought us to this mess.)

The Brady's restructuring deal, for example, comes with a big risk.
If Brady was to get injured (even in PS), like he did a few years back, the Pats will be in big doo-doo with all the guaranteed money already spent.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #76
ASidd_1990
Veteran

Rep Power: 150 ASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respectedASidd_1990 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man really wish we could have waited till the offseason to extend Matt Schaub.

We definitely overpaid.

SMH stuck with this cat for at least another 2 years.

I always tell myself at least we aren't the Cardinals or Jets. Hahaha
ASidd_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #77
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Do most people know what a Compendium even is????
It's whatever Steph says it is.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #78
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
I agree partly with this. Joe Flacco looked like garbage most of the year so they ran Cam Cameron out of town towards the end of the season and come playoff time Flacco started looking like Aaron Rodgers. You can speculate that Flacco just got hot at the right time....but the more likely scenario is that him getting hot at the right time & the combo of better playcalling were key factors. Kubiak won't change his philosophy until **** is out of hand...by the time the end of the season rolled around, teams knew this and played him accordingly.
How does that explain how Flacco did in the playoff 2 yrs ago when the Ravens should've beaten the Pats. Flacco played really well in the playoffs then too. Schaub in the playoffs?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #79
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If we go to the play offs 5 years running, I like the odds of our team gelling & getting the job done. Yes Flacco had an amazing run, but so did Bolden, Torrey, & Jacoby. & their goal line defense showed up when it mattered most.
Ours yielded a second STRAIGHT FORTY Burger!

...but it's all Schaub's fault.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013   #80
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Ours yielded a second STRAIGHT FORTY Burger!

...but it's all Schaub's fault.
The Ravens gave up 35 and 31 to Denver and SF but still found a way to win, because Flacco and the offense got the job done. Schaub? BTW These high scores are the way the NFL is trending. Gary/Schaub better get with the program or get left behind.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read