Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-05-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Trade Yates and Tate to Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
What exactly do you expect to get out of a backup QB?
A little versatility wouldn't be bad. Yates always holds the clipboard in his right hand. He needs to put it in his left some times. Then his hat, if he could flip the bill back like Tony Romo.. I mean I already think he's the next Romo.

I know it isn't going to happen, but I think it would be sweat if he'd give Matt pointers when he comes back to the sideline.
Old 03-05-2013   #42
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
How about Tate & Yates to the Redskins for their backup QB, Cousins, and a late 3rd or early 4th round pick?

It replaces their backup QB (Cousins) with our backup QB (Yates), and also gives them a good RB (Tate), and we get their backup QB and a mid-range draft pick out of it. Wasn't Tate a 3rd rounder anyways?

So we essentially maybe upgrade our backup QB and get something out of Tate before he ships out of Houston like he's going to do anyways in 2014.

RBs are a premium in the NFL, so I feel like a team like the Skins might figure they are only a solid RB away from being a real contender. In our position, we need more out of our backup QB than what Yates has ben giving us...plus, we need to always be scratching the surface for the next starter at the QB position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Tate was a 2nd round pick, but he's on the last year of his deal. Getting more than a 4th for him at this point would be surprising, unless Marty Hurney found a job somewhere.

What the hell? Who has ever said they are a premium? They are one of the least likely positions to stick around. More often than not, RBs get changed out every couple years and replaced with young draft picks or cheaper vets. Most teams don't spend all that much on the position, and for good reason. They are likely to get injured, and they typically don't last beyond the age of 30. The Redskins already have a great RB in a 6th round rookie Alfred Morris, and he's waaaaaay better than Tate and cheaper too. They would be better off signing Ahmad Bradshaw than spending picks on Tate.

Also, the Redskins would be fools to trade Cousins after the injury RG3 sustained. RG3 might not even start the season, so they better have someone ready to take over.
I thought GP was being sarcastic with his "RBs are at a premium" comment. In fact, I thought the whole post was a little tongue-in-cheek....

You weren't completely serious were you, GP??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #43
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
TJ Yates + LeStar Jean + Ben Tate + Jared Crick to the Chiefs for the first overall pick and then we can go out and get Manti Te'o to shore up our ILB position!

Also, I'm out of drugs, can we tack on an eighth of good stuff in that deal?
Sounds like you used your whole supply before making this post.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #44
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Al Davis isn't calling the shots anymore
Rep
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I thought GP was being sarcastic with his "RBs are at a premium" comment. In fact, I thought the whole post was a little tongue-in-cheek....

You weren't completely serious were you, GP??
I was adversely affected by the OP.

I had my wife kick me in the nuts, to reset the system. We're good now.
Old 03-08-2013   #46
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmmm after reading the first post only Im afraid of reading the rest of this thread.

LOL should i be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013   #47
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Every time I see this thread I think "Tate should have an 's' at the end of his last name so we could be talking about trading Yates and Tates to the Raiders.

Not that I'd do it. Not that they'd do it. Not that it makes any sense at all.

It just needs an 's'.
Old 03-10-2013   #48
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 84986 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Every time I see this thread I think "Tate should have an 's' at the end of his last name so we could be talking about trading Yates and Tates to the Raiders.

Not that I'd do it. Not that they'd do it. Not that it makes any sense at all.

It just needs an 's'.

Quote:
We prefer you remove the "s" from Yate(s)

Signed,
Kevin Walter and JJ Watt
Quote:
Yeah, well screw you guys,

Signed,
Owen Daniels and Chris Myers
Quote:
I prefer we leave everyone's name alone.

Signed,
Alan Ball

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read