Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-09-2013   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: 2013 Texans Draft Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I noticed Swope when I scouted Tannerhill; the guy just showed up.

He's a good candidate and deserves consideration from the Texans.
How does he compare to the other players who will be there for our 2nd? Do you think he'll be around for our third?
Old 03-09-2013   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
How does he compare to the other players who will be there for our 2nd? Do you think he'll be around for our third?
I was hoping that he will last to our third, now I think he may last even later.

Mussop just reported in the draft section that he had had multiple concussion (per Mike Mayock.)

There was a guy named Chris Owusu from Stanford that went through the same thing (courtesy of Andrew Luck) and went undrafted, despite putting up great numbers at the combine:
4.36 forty
6.85 3-cone
40.5 vertical
10'9 broad jump
19 bench

From NFL.com:

Owusu has been a reliable receiver and return threat for Stanford throughout his career, who faced an unfortunate set of injuries in his senior season that could severely hurt his draft status going into 2012. With the current attention being given to concussions and the "return-to-play" protocols, teams will have a tough time justifying Owusu as he recovers from a concussion-laden senior season. Despite these red flags, Owusu is a mature player on the field who would be a reliable return option when healthy.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #43
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Right. We would most likely get a 2nd & a 4th. We would have to package that 4th with something else to acquire another 2nd. That would be three 2nd round picks if you include our original 2nd.

I don't think anyone is going to give us two 2nds for our 1st.
What if we traded our 1st to move back to the top 10 of the 2nd round and picked up a 4th.

We then trade that 4th with our 3rd to get a middle of the round 2nd.

That would give us 3 picks in the 2nd and we'll still have the 33rd pick in the 3rd round for Mario.

Have now through 4 rounds
95 (Compensatory pick and will probably be the only 3rd round pick given)

If we traded with let's say Arizona and then St. Louis we could have
95 (we can't trade this pick so we have to keep it)

We would have gotten 38 and 101 from Arizona and flipped them for 57 from St. Louis. We could even probably throw in a late round pick since we should have an extra 6 & 7 if we need to.

I'd love to see 3 top 50ish picks. We could grab a #2 WR, a DT, and a LB or a S if we need to replace Quin.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
I'd love to see 3 top 50ish picks. We could grab a #2 WR, a DT, and a LB or a S if we need to replace Quin.
MSR..... too much for me to calculate in my head, but it sounds right.
Old 04-17-2013   #45
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

OFFENSE
QUARTERBACK
1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
5th - Landry Jones, Oklahoma (6-4, 220)
6th - Brad Sorensen, Southern Utah (6-3, 227)
7th - Alex Carder, Western Michigan (6-2, 220), Sean Renfree, Duke (6-4, 220)
RUNNING BACK
1st -
2nd -
3rd - Johnathan Franklin, UCLA (5-10, 205), LeVeon Bell, Michigan State (6-1, 230)
4th - Mike Gillislee, Florida (5-11, 208), Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina (5-11, 221)
5th - Kenjon Barner, Oregon (5-9, 196)
6th -
7th - Knile Davis, Arkansas (6-0, 227), Rex Burkhead, Nebraska (5-11, 210)
WIDE RECEIVER
1st - Keenan Allen, Cal (6-2, 206), DeAndre 'Nuk' Hopkins, Clemson (6-1, 214)
2nd - Quinton Patton, La. Tech (6-0, 204), Terrance Williams, Baylor (6-2, 208), Robert Woods, USC (6-0, 201), Justin Hunter, Tennessee (6-4, 196)
3rd - Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas (6-2, 212), Ryan Swope, Texas A&M (6-0, 205)
4th - Chris Harper, Kansas State (6-1, 229)
5th -
6th - Brandon Kaufman, Eastern Washington (6-5, 216)
7th -
TIGHT END
1st -
2nd -
3rd - Vance McDonald, Rice (6-4, 267)
4th - Gavin Escobar, San Diego State (6-5, 254)
5th - Matt Furstenburg, Maryland (6-3, 242)
6th -
7th - Michael Williams, Alabama (6-5, 269), Philip Lutzenkirchen (6-3. 258)
OFFENSIVE LINE
1st - RT Menelik Watson, Florida State (6-5, 310), RT Kyle Long, Oregon (6-6, 313)
2nd - T Terron Armstead, Arkansas Pine Bluff (6-5, 306)
3rd -
4th - T David Quessenberry, San Jose State (6-5, 302), G/T J.C Tretter, Cornell (6-4, 307)
5th - G Eric Herman, Ohio (6-4, 320)
6th - RT Tanner Hawkinson, Kansas (6-5, 298)
7th - G Braden Brown, BYU (6-5, 310), G Patrick Omameh, Michigan (6-4, 308)
DEFENSE
DEFENSIVE LINE
1st - NT Jesse Williams, Alabama (6-3, 323), DT/DE Datone Jones, UCLA (6-4, 283)
2nd - NT Kawann Short, Purdue (6-3, 299), DE Margus Hunt, SMU (6-8, 277), DT/DE Sylvester Williams, North Carolina (6-3, 313)
3rd - NT Brandon Williams, Missouri Southern (6-2, 341)
4th -
5th -
6th - NT T.J Barnes, Georgia Tech (6-6, 369)
7th - DT/DE Spencer Nealy, Texas A&M (6-5, 277), NT William Campbell, Michigan (6-5, 318)
LINEBACKERS
1st - OLB Damontre Moore, Texas A&M (6-5, 250), ILB Kevin Minter, LSU (6-0, 246), OLB/ILB Arthur Brown, Kansas State (6-1, 241)
2nd - ILB/OLB Sio Moore, U Conn (6-1, 240)
3rd - ILB Kiko Alonso, Oregon (6-3, 238), ILB Jon Bostic, Florida (6-1, 245), OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford (6-3, 244)
4th - ILB A.J Klein, Iowa State (6-1, 250), ILB Kevin Reddick, North Carolina (6-1, 243),
5th - ILB Nico Johnson, Alabama (6-2, 248)
6th - ILB Albert Rosette, Nevada (6-2, 231), ILB Steve Beauharnais, Rutgers (6-1, 240)
7th - ILB Marvin Burdette, UAB (5-9, 232), ILB Bruce Taylor, Virginia Tech (6-1, 237)
SECONDARY
1st - S Matt Elam, Florida (5-9, 209), S Jonathan Cyprien, FIU (6-0, 217)
2nd -
3rd - S Phillip Thomas, Fresno State (6-1, 208), S T.J McDonald, USC (6-3, 219)
4th - CB/S Tyrann Mathieu, LSU (5-9, 186), S J.J Wilcox, Georgia Southern (6-0, 213), S Duke Williams, Nevada (5-11, 203)
5th -
6th - CB Johnny Adams, Michigan State (5-10, 185)
7th - CB Terrence Brown, Stanford (6-0, 182), S Drew Frey, Cincinnati (6-2, 202), S Cody Davis, Texas Tech (6-2, 204)

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/d...ns-draft-board
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #46
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123160 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Menelik Watson but I'd rather trade back into the high 2nd round and land an extra third for him. I think he'll be around that long.

That said, I hope teams go dumb and let Keenan Allen fall. Watch his tape and you'll know that 4.71 in the 40 is not indicative of his game speed. However, if he is not fit to start the season, no. I'd rather have DeAndre Hopkins, who I think will start on day 1.

I like Vance McDonald, but 3rd is a bit high to draft a TE, given OD and Graham already being on the roster. However, when Graham went down, our offense became even weaker. You can argue and convince me that given Schaub's proficiency in intermediate passing (relative to deep passing) it would be nice to have another target in the intermediate zone.

Knile Davis in the 7th? I'll laugh all the way to the bank with that pick. Great RB and makes Tate less of a necessity when it comes time to renegotiate his contract. Kenjon Barner would be nice as a speed back or in a Darren Sproles esque role in our team, add another wrinkle to our run game.

Sio Moore in the second would be fantastic. I'd be ecstatic if we got him.

I'm very high on Philip Thomas, S, SD State, in the 3rd. I think he's great to learn under Reed and will be a starter once Reed is gone.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read