Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-26-2013   #1
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Who Do You Want the Texans to Draft?

Which player do you want the Texans to draft?

Which player gives the Texans the most help?

What position do we need the most?

Which players do you see the Texans drafting?

Discuss....
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who Do You Want the Texans to Draft?

Oh look, two whole forums for draft talk.
Old 02-26-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

Ain't that DaTruth.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Dion Jordan or one of those wr prospects.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #5
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1796 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected

Arthur Brown, one of the top 12 wr prospects, Brandon Williams
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #6
NCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69514 NCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedNCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Dion Jordan.
I'm pretty sure he's going to be gone top 15.
NCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #7
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Keenan Allen WR
2. Justin Hunter WR

however if i could have anyone in the draft it would be sheldon richardson
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2013   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
Which player do you want the Texans to draft?
Barkevious Mingo
Old 02-26-2013   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

DeAndre Hopkins, Xavier Rhodes, or Matt Elam in the first round.

Would love for us to get Kasheem Greene in the 2nd even though I don't think it is possible.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Da' Rick Rodgers
Brandon Williams
Reid Fragel
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #11
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

EJ Manuel
Matt Scott

Tavon Austin
DeAndre Hopkins
Quinton Patton

Barkevious Mingo
Arthur Brown

Matt Elam
Eric Reid

I had previously liked Margus Hunt in the 2nd-3rdish-how sweet would our line be with Hunt and Watt?-but his workout likely put him out of reach.
Old 02-27-2013   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
It might be more helpful as lead moderator to send a PM to the new guy rather than sarcasm.
Old 03-03-2013   #13
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

tavon austin rd 1
ej manual rd4
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013   #14
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

Ain't that DaTruth.
DTE reincarnated?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Tavon Austin WR WVA
Marquis Goodwin WR Texas
Matt Scott QB Arizona
so far this is my list. I'll add to it.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #16
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Unrealistically....

Dion Jordan
Geno Smith

As these 2 are the only ones i'm 90% sure are gonna be all-pros 1 day...

Realistically...

I have no clue..i just know i'd like to see an upgrade at MLB, WR, OLB and QB.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013   #17
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like some of the usual suspects such as Keenan Allen, Hopkins, & Hunter. Some names I wouldn't mind seeing later in the draft would be Aaron Dobson WR from Marshall. Good size, decent speed, & good hands. He made some great catches & plays tough imo.

Then Schwenke C/ OG from Cal. This guy held his own very well against some decent competition at the Senior Bowl. He stood up Jenkins out of Georgia quite a few times. Good mobility & could play G w/ the hopes of eventually replacing Myers at C. His versatility between the 2 positions would be a good asset imo.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013   #18
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
I like some of the usual suspects such as Keenan Allen, Hopkins, & Hunter. Some names I wouldn't mind seeing later in the draft would be Aaron Dobson WR from Marshall. Good size, decent speed, & good hands. He made some great catches & plays tough imo.

Then Schwenke C/ OG from Cal. This guy held his own very well against some decent competition at the Senior Bowl. He stood up Jenkins out of Georgia quite a few times. Good mobility & could play G w/ the hopes of eventually replacing Myers at C. His versatility between the 2 positions would be a good asset imo.
Even though Schwenke at OC/OG isn't a huge need in 3rd when the Texans are picking he will probably be BPA and a 10 yr starter. You could do worse than picking a guy like him. I also like Dobson in rd 2 if the Texans decide to go another direction in rd 1.

A couple of guys I also think would be great fits on the Texans because they would add what the Texans are desparately missing. SPEED

1. Hunter
2. Swope
3. Xavier Gooden
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #19
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll use this thread for narrowing down our potential selections based on chatter:

I'm hearing Datone Jones DL UCLA would be snapped up if he's there at 27. I have not studied as much tape as I need to, I guess, because what I saw early on was a questionable motor and him get blown out a few times. Can anybody make me love Datone? Likely won't be there for us, but I'm interested in other opinions?

Johnathan Cyprien S FIU I like a lot and would be good with us taking him at 27.

Deandre Hopkins WR Clemson is a favorite of mine. Just looks the part to me and doesn't have the injury concerns of others. Justin Hunter WR Tennessee is darn intriguing, but I can't ignore his hands problems. There's a passel of other WRs that I think fit better in Round 2. No slam dunks, but there will be some quality starters developed out of this class. I'm less expecting WR @27 for us now.

Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame has been recently mocked to us by people I respect -- and a few I don't. Anybody see any holes in his game? How does he compare to a Kyle Rudolph? On TE, anybody see a Dwayne Allen out there this year??? Loved him last year, much more than Fleener taken ahead of him.

Menelik Watson OT Florida I see mocked to us in the first. I see potential there, but that early feels like a reach value wise???

As far as Alec Ogletree LB Georgia being mocked to us so often, I see no way the Texans select him. He's a stone knucklehead. Outside of that, I don't think he's all that. 2nd rounder for a criminal team: Ravens/Bengals/etc.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013   #20
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Datone Jones had a good Senior Bowl week.
He looks pretty good on tapes, too.

I don't know where to put him though.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read