Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2013   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Safety

Add another guy to the list: Dexter McCoil, Tulsa.
About 6'4 plus, 220 plus.
I'll be looking for him to run in the mid 4'5 at his pro day.
I'll post a picture of him later when I have a chance.
Long arm, good built.
17 or 18 career INTs.

There are some obvious draw backs with a guy that tall as his steps can be too long (easier to run past a play) or tackling too high (here his long arms help.)

I've watched 4 of his games, not bad at all; a sleeper here - dunno for how long.

Watch the game against BYU in 2011 (BYU is a good passing team), he had 3 INTs (one was called back due to an offside).
There are 3 other games on youtube:
Arkansas, a pretty good passing team;
UCF, in the CUSA championship;
Iowa St, in the Liberty Bowl.

He can be a little over-aggressive at times, but that's what a ball-hawk does sometimes.

He can play at different positions: 2 deep, one deep (showing good range here), in the box; covering a slot or a TE (I'm a little concern with him being able to flip his hips, but he doesn't look all that stiff). Wish I can see him at a work-out to check out these concerns; but overall, he looks like another dark horse to me.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read