Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2005   #21
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy
I don't care if you guys are pissed off and you probably don't care that I am glad we did lose. I feel like the more we lose and then in the fashion that we did this past Sunday guarantees the oust of Capers and hopefully Casserly. This IS the worst team in football right now. Winning a few games at the end and losing the Reggie Bush sweepstakes and placing doubt in Mr. McNair's head that maybe we should keep the bone-headed coaches would be as big as a mistake as trading for Buchanon and trading for Babin.
I thought Babin played well yesterday. I am looking forward to reviewing the film, but he looked every active.
Old 11-28-2005   #22
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Worth repeating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
The season is way too short....I want this team to win every week....As I grow older and know that sometimes you can be a fan for 40 years of a franchise and never see your favorite team in the World Series or Super Bowl, so I do enjoy good credible NFL football on a weekly basis because I understand that every year just won't be a push for the big game. I hate watching bad football on Sunday. Praying for miserable football so we can make a high pick in the next draft just reeks of the old Bengals. I'm out on that program. There are plenty of good football players coming out in each draft.
Double plus agreement on this thought.

I was so excited to get tickets 4 rows behind the Texans bench for this game. And to see how sick the players were after the game was just awful. If I goof up on my job, it is just a goof up that most people don't see. Most people's jobs are not who they are, but when you are an NFL player, your job is basically your identity.

I just feel bad for them because football is such a team game but you have to have it all going on to win. For the entire game.

Whatever happens with our draft position, it is going to end up being bad anyway, because nobody is going to agree with what the Texans should do with their pick. And nobody wants to wait for player development. And we have so many needs.

But going back to the original direction of the thread, actually I jinxed them for wishing for a stomping. I wanted the Texans to destroy the Rams. By about 40 points. Make the players feel good for a change. Thought that at the half, which was such a jinx.

And then I failed on execution as a fan because I purchased an ice cream drumstick at the half, opened the wrapper, and all the damn ice cream off the top of the cone fell off onto the ground. You know, the tastiest part. And then that was just the beginning of the bad luck.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #23
Georgiaboy
Rookie

We need the first pick, we also need the second, third, forth, fifth, sixth.............(get the idea),

But needless to say, when i saw the score up in the right hand corner of the Bucs/Bears game, I felt hopefull, (24-10). As the lead started to dwindle, it became harder and harder to look up there. Then there was a twinkle of hope when i saw (27-17). But going into overtime, i stopped looking, because i KNEW what was going to happen.

When your teams up but you know there going to cough it up. I say cough, it wasnt given up. It's better that they dont win, and try to get something going for the future.

Hey lets bring in the Mooch for the rest of the year (cant hurt)
Old 11-28-2005   #24
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i have felt sad all of yesterday, all of today, and will continue to feel sad until next sunday when i see my team perform again.. To all of you clamoring for the 1 pick (which i do believe we will end up with, but hoping we dont), i ask of you two things

1) arent you the same people saying we need to replace the guy we took with the LAST #1 pick we had?

2) Didnt we do just fine in that draft where we didnt get to pick until 10.....i believe we got a fellow named Dunta or something......

I dont want them to lose. I believe they can win. Read the signature

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #25
Meisterman
Veteran

"WE MUST PROTECT OUR DRAFT PICK"

Thank you Marcus Coleman...who will it be next week?
Old 11-28-2005   #26
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a bittersweet thing. I for one don't like us losing. I also realize we are coming to a stretch where we are playing weaker teams and we should have more chances of winning .. I for one hate losing, I want us to be competitive if we are going to lose (not like early in the season)

on the otherhand, I am kinda glad we lost yesterday. I honestly would hate for us to get on a roll and win (at the time yesterday) 5 of 6 games (given the weaker teams we play and somehow it saves Capers job.. That I didn't want to see happen.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #27
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I was happy that we had a good offensive day in the first half, and then I saw Carr and Pendry holding hands and smiling at each other...giggling about their accomplishments and how Neat and fun it was to actually resemble an NFL team.

At that point, I thought "Oh great. These guys are actually THINKING that they are turning some sort of corner here." And so at half-time, when Jimmy Johnson said the Texans were messing it all up, I had to agree, and I began to not care about winning the game.

In fact, when the onside kick was successful...I rooted for us to lose. At that point, I couldn't stand to think that we might eek out a win that could cost us a high draft spot,

IMO, there's only three "for sure" NFL stars in the first round worth drafting, and those are D'Brickashaw Ferguson, AJ Hawk, and Reggie Bush. And I want one of those three. I can stomach getting Bush, but I am hoping for Ferguson or Hawk....and you aren't getting any of those guys past the first three or four picks. Period.

And with all the bad teams, we can't "afford" to win at this stage of the season. If they tanked their season thus far, all they can do is lay down like gentlemen and get us into the top 3 or 4 draft spots for all this headache that we've been given.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005   #28
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Again I hate to see us lose but geeze the gap between us and the elite teams is enormous right now... one player isn't going to get us over the top and we need some players (walker/payne/coleman all getting long in the tooth)

At this point I want to see progress. IF we are to beat a team, I want it to be a team that is fighting for a playoff spot (hello jags ) and not a team that we will be fighting for a #1 pick for (S.F)......
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read