Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-05-2013   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Northern Iowa’s Terrell Sinkfield WR runs a blazing 4.19 40 at Minnesota’s pro day

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0831--nfl.html

Quote:
It takes one heck of a fast 40 time to turn heads at combine time. At the University of Minnesota's Pro Day, Northern Iowa's Terrell Sinkfield unleashed one heck of a fast 40 time: 4.19 seconds.

The Titans' Chris Johnson holds the NFL Combine 40 record of 4.24 seconds. Sinkfield's first attempt was 4.27; his second is the one that's going to kick open some doors for him.
Quote:
Our Doug Farrar offers up the following scouting report on Mr. Sinkfield:
"As a pure receiver, Sinkfield's speed does show up on tape — both long speed and short-area burst. That's not always the case with track-fast guys. Not only can he blast past defenders when running vertical routes, but he's also developed the ability to scream through coverage on slants and posts. In addition, he's surprisingly aggressive after the catch for a player with his slight frame — he generally gets free and looks for extra yardage once he gets the ball, especially on slants and quick screens. He also tracks the ball well and has the ability to jump over cornerbacks in close coverage. Sinkfield has learned to contort his body in order to catch badly-thrown balls while on the run. He didn't run the entire route package at Northern Iowa, and there will be some serious questions about strength of competition, but when NFL talent evaluators take that 40 time as an excuse to turn on his Northern Iowa tape, there will be some good things to see. Sinkfield could be especially effective as a rotational receiver in an offense where there are a lot of vertical passing concepts, and fades and long sideline routes are the order of the day."

Sure wish we had a QB that could throw it to him...
4.19 doesn't help much if he's gotta stop at the 30 and backtrack to catch the ball. Just sayin'.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #2
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Northern Iowa’s Terrell Sinkfield WR runs a blazing 4.19 40 at Minnesota’s pro da

Another of y sleeper/darkhorses.

A RB in HS in Minnesota.

Highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY8pTGFLzO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x72J3GUPS0E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5jJTQIJAs0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsUMqkd2rq4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMRdpwdoUxI

There were quite a few quality catches in those highlights.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Northern Iowa’s Terrell Sinkfield WR runs a blazing 4.19 40 at Minnesota’s pro da

The article is not that long, so I guess I can just quote the whole thing:

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...ield-runs-4-19

Terrell Sinkfield played running back at Hopkins High School and hoped to play for the Gophers. Former University of Minnesota coach Tim Brewster didn't offer Sinkfield a scholarship, so he went to Northern Iowa, where he switched to wide receiver. Sinkfield created buzz at the Gophers' Pro Day on Monday, March 4, when word spread that he had run 4.19 seconds in the 40-yard dash.

Mitchel Chargo, Sinkfield's agent, said his client ran the 40 three times for NFL scouts, clocking 4.27 in the first run, 4.19 in the second and 4.44 in the third. Blame the 4.44, Chargo said, on Sinkfield tripping during his run.

Scott Studwell, the Vikings' director of college scouting, said he didn't have Sinkfield with any sub-4.3 times, adding, "He ran in the high 4.3s. He can run. He ran fast. He tested well."

Here is Sinkfield ...

On his 40 times: "I was trying to shoot for a 4.19. I knew it was good when I finished. The fastest I've done (prior to Monday) was 4.2. I was running 4.3s in high schools."

On being snubbed by the Gophers out of high school: "It was kind of like a dream to play for the Gophers. I pretty much came here with a chip on my shoulder. It was pretty much a plan since high school that I was going to come here (for Pro Day) and steal the show."

On his career at Northern Iowa: "I still don't think I played to my full potential at UNI because my first few years we had a running quarterback, and my last year we had a freshman."

On his hands: "They're good. I don't think I dropped any balls this year." (As a senior, he had 43 receptions for 494 yards and four touchdowns.)

On whether his Pro Day performance enhanced his stock with NFL teams: "I know my ability is good enough to be drafted. Once I get on that field, I know my ability will take over. Drafted or not, I know once I make a team and get in camp, I'm going to shine."
Old 03-05-2013   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Default Terrell Sinkfield ran a 4.19 at Minnesota Pro Day

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...55#post2131955

LYB started a thread in the NFL section, I thought I'd link it here.

Maybe a mod can move that thread to this this forum?!?
Old 03-05-2013   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Terrell Sinkfield ran a 4.19 at Minnesota Pro Day

He'd have to stop and wait for Schaub's pass to catch up. He's also not even listed in the top 105 WR's, sounds like he should go pro in track.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #6
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

1st round to Oakland.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
1st round to Oakland.

But No Al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2013   #8
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post

But No Al.
We always got Jerry Jones!
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 284137 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Scott Studwell, the Vikings' director of college scouting, said he didn't have Sinkfield with any sub-4.3 times, adding, "He ran in the high 4.3s....
Not even close to a 4.19.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128746 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...0831--nfl.html

Sure wish we had a QB that could throw it to him...
4.19 doesn't help much if he's gotta stop at the 30 and backtrack to catch the ball. Just sayin'
...Funny, when I say stuff like this they everyone who thinks Schaub is Tom Brady comes to his defense.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013   #11
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post

But No Al.
Maybe Al Jr(Al's son or relatives) at Oakland FO? If so, you never know. It runs in family you know.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read