Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2013   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Franchise deadline almost here

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Perfectly said. I was making a list in response then realized 'Damn...this is longer than I thought'. This right here covers it perfectly. Right now it's more about what he means to the Texans than what he is compared to the other safeties so they should do what they can to bring him back but don't go overboard and put yourself in a hole for future signings/extensions. Not often you hear about safety contracts going the way of absurd though so there's that.

Unfortunately with Byrd and Wilson off the free agent listing that means Quin just moved up more and if his agent knows his business he'll tell Quin to test the market because someone will seek his services at this point.
I don't think Quin is a top 5 safety. But I don't think he should be compared to guys like Byrd either. They play the position totally different & I think our system demands Quin plays the role he is. Byrd would be more like what we are asking (or should be asking) Manning & our Dime Safety to be doing.

If we're asking Quin to play centerfield ball hawk.... you're right, he is not that guy & never will be. But that's not at all what we're asking him to do.

Ed Reed is an excellent safety, but I don't think he could do what Quin is doing. We wouldn't ask him to, he's a different player all together.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read