Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-01-2013   #21
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub on Baltimore Sports Talk at 2CST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Geeeeezzzzzz guys!! This is absolutely absurd arguing over a few mile radius from some BIGASS city!! Hell, I live in PASASTINKINASSDENA, which is anywhere from 100 ft to 10+ miles from Houston, depending on what street you're on! Most of the time, when asked, I tell people I'm from HOUSTON! WHY??? Because it's easier, and because i have NO pride saying I live in Pasadena!

Ever since Matt Schaub signed with the Texans I heard he was from PHILLY! It took one of our resident Eagle fans to tell me that he went to school in West Chester, Pa, but, he lived about 8 miles from there. What does it really matter?

I've never thought of "handswarmer" as being a negative poster, but, some of you guys rag on him everytime he makes a post. He started a thread that he thought might be of interest to Texans fans, and you all go POSTAL on him!! I realize it's the "off season" and some of you guys need to be on meds to get you through to Sept, but, no need to be unnecessarily nasty. JMO!!
This fan and I could drink a beer and talk football...nice job
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013   #22
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Still though... I just looked at google maps, West Chester is not in Philadelphia. So I don't know what map you are looking at.
Maybe its just that some of you are used to the huge distances in Texas- I was at Ft Hood for a few years so I undersatnd this. Here in the East, distances are smaller.
Old 03-01-2013   #23
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's the only reason

Good to know my efforts aren't wasted.
What time does your mom let you know its time to go to work delivering the pizzas?

Just curious. You are a bit harsh dude.
Old 03-01-2013   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
What time does your mom let you know its time to go to work delivering the pizzas?
psssh....... I lost that job months ago.
Old 03-01-2013   #25
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
No worries- I got fired for leaving the pies on the roof of the car......
Old 03-01-2013   #26
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Geeeeezzzzzz guys!! This is absolutely absurd arguing over a few mile radius from some BIGASS city!! Hell, I live in PASASTINKINASSDENA, which is anywhere from 100 ft to 10+ miles from Houston, depending on what street you're on! Most of the time, when asked, I tell people I'm from HOUSTON! WHY??? Because it's easier, and because i have NO pride saying I live in Pasadena!

Ever since Matt Schaub signed with the Texans I heard he was from PHILLY! It took one of our resident Eagle fans to tell me that he went to school in West Chester, Pa, but, he lived about 8 miles from there. What does it really matter?

I've never thought of "handswarmer" as being a negative poster, but, some of you guys rag on him everytime he makes a post. He started a thread that he thought might be of interest to Texans fans, and you all go POSTAL on him!! I realize it's the "off season" and some of you guys need to be on meds to get you through to Sept, but, no need to be unnecessarily nasty. JMO!!
I agree Ma'am

Quote:
LOL rep!

Quote:
No worries- I got fired for leaving the pies on the roof of the car......
He's a yankee, get a rope!

Old 03-01-2013   #27
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
He's a yankee, get a rope!

Maryland is a southern state...Mason-Dixon line is about 10-12 miles north...
Old 03-01-2013   #28
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maryland is a southern state...Mason-Dixon line is about 10-12 miles north...
Growing up we said anything North of I-10 is a yankee, we were about 10 -15 miles South of I-10

My comment was more geared towards your word for pizza......
Old 03-01-2013   #29
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Growing up we said anything North of I-10 is a yankee, we were about 10 -15 miles South of I-10

My comment was more geared towards your word for pizza......
We say "Pizza pies" sometimes- it made for easy spelling.

My roomate (from Florida) in Germany (Army days) said "Anyone north of Tampa is a Yankee....."

So I take no offense....:LOL:
Old 03-03-2013   #30
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe its just that some of you are used to the huge distances in Texas- I was at Ft Hood for a few years so I undersatnd this. Here in the East, distances are smaller.
Seriously though I wasn't being serious. Just instigating!

It's what I do best. But so do you, I think.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #31
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

You know it's the offseason when there's arguments about the proximity of cities to one another. The draft needs to get here sooner.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #32
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post
Seriously though I wasn't being serious. Just instigating!

It's what I do best. But so do you, I think.
I call it "Stimulating conversation". I enjoy the discourse, the debate. the conversation.

not the
Old 03-04-2013   #33
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

handswarmer is a good visiting fan.

Anybody picking a fight with him is just picking a fight to pick a fight, which is sad.

Grow up already. FYI: This is a general statement and not targeting any single person, I'm not playing judge and jury on who is and who isn't badgering him...I'm just sayin'...the guy talks football and he'll take exception to criticisms of his team just like we do ours.
Old 03-04-2013   #34
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
handswarmer is a good visiting fan.

Anybody picking a fight with him is just picking a fight to pick a fight, which is sad.

Grow up already. FYI: This is a general statement and not targeting any single person, I'm not playing judge and jury on who is and who isn't badgering him...I'm just sayin'...the guy talks football and he'll take exception to criticisms of his team just like we do ours.
Thanks. I really do just like to talk football. Sometimes it comes across ass bagging when in reality its the truth nd yes, I defend my team and its players just as vigoriosly as do the fans of the Texans.
Old 03-04-2013   #35
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks. I really do just like to talk football. Sometimes it comes across ass bagging when in reality its the truth nd yes, I defend my team and its players just as vigoriosly as do the fans of the Texans.
Yeah, you're miles beyond other visiting fans in terms of being a polite guest.

We've got a Saints fan, you, and a Pats fan named FoxboroSteve (IIRC) who are always great contributors around here. It's more fun when other fans of other teams come around and discuss things.

Good seeing you around here. Your rep rating on here exceeds a few TexansTalk members! LOL!
Old 03-05-2013   #36
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

not to interrupt such a riveting geography lesson but what did Schaub say? Was anything of import asked/answered during the interview or was it the usual radio talk show drivel?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013   #37
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Yeah, you're miles beyond other visiting fans in terms of being a polite guest.

We've got a Saints fan, you, and a Pats fan named FoxboroSteve (IIRC) who are always great contributors around here. It's more fun when other fans of other teams come around and discuss things.

Good seeing you around here. Your rep rating on here exceeds a few TexansTalk members! LOL!
Thanks GP- I can talk to Ravens fans all day long but that never is stimulating when everyone just nods their heads in agreement all day long....

Much appreciated.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read