Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2013   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: QBs in this draft class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
76Texan, I ve had barkley in 3rd rd forever. Even last yr when people said he should've come out he was a 3rd rd prospect. He doesn't have any special traits. If you want a statue, at least get one with a arm like Bray who is a better athlete and can challenge every blade of grass.
Fair enough! We'll see what happens down the road.

As far as QB evaluation, I don't know if we can count on one or two special traits.

I remember Greg Cosell gushing over Jamarcus Russell about "the big arm", "intuition", "can make every throw"... "From any platform".

Well, I disagreed with Cosell on 2 and 4.
Cosell thought very highly of Jamarcus, when I thought Russell was way-overhyped (even by some QB coaches, scouts, and GMs; even Al Davis.)

Or I strongly disagreed with Cosell's comparison of Russell Wilson to Seneca Wallace. (Cosell eventually changed his tune on Wilson, starting after the PS games.

So like I said, I like Cosell, but I didn't agree with him here and there.
I think he was quite high on VY, too???

Obviously, nobody is going to hit on every prospect that they study/scout.

I try not to overwhelm myself, and perhaps because of that, I've been quite consistent (never too far off my evaluation.)

I think I will continue my post later on for fear of losing this one for any reason (Internet connection for example.)

It's always good to talk football with you.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read