Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-26-2013   #141
tru80texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 3503 tru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respectedtru80texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Combine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Don't know anything about him.

Personally, I lean more to Mr. McNair's thinking of avoiding problem children. Perhaps one on each side might give a team an edge, but I'd personally choose guys I'd want to be shoulder-to-shoulder with in a war. Cap is tight, rosters still seem pretty small, and this is business.

But, every young man has a chance to change his ways and how he behaves. I don't like the idea of dismissing people altogether. I've seen many men of all ages make fundamental changes in how they think and what they do. Gotta have hope.

I'm getting off topic -- looking forward to reviewing today's Combine participants in depth. Some good S prospects in there.
Da'Rick Rogers. I apologize, I spelled his name wrong earlier. Anyways, he's considered 1st or 2nd round talent, but questions surround him about him being booted from Tennessee after 3 failed drug tests. Some say he could 1 of the better wr's in the draft, but his character is questioned because of the failed test. I know the Texans pick high character individuals, but this team seems to be gaining players who command discipline from their teammates. At some point I hope the Texans could acquire a player who may have an issue or 2 in the past, but know that type of behavior won't happen as a member of the Texans because of the vets. Other organizations have this such as the Ravens & I hope the Texans are getting there as well. The player adapts to the organization, not the opposite.
tru80texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #142
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru80texan View Post
Do you think he's anymore of a risk then D. Rodgers(WR)? They bother seem to be coming clean & taking responsibility for their actions.

In all honesty, my issue w/ Mathieu is that horrible 4 reps of 225lbs.
That really is terrible. He had all the time in the world to get prepared so it makes you wonder.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #143
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Evan Silva's risers.

There is more text in the linked article on each prospect.
Quote:
This is a rundown of 15 players who either helped or solidified their draft stock by testing well at the 2013 Scouting Combine. We'll start off with seven bigger-named prospects before digging a bit deeper on 8-15.

1. BYU DE Ziggy Ansah
Realistic Landing Spots: Jaguars at No. 2, Raiders at No. 3, Lions at No. 5.

2. Tennessee WR Justin Hunter
Realistic Landing Spots: Texans at No. 27, Patriots at No. 29, Jets at No. 39.

3. Notre Dame TE Tyler Eifert
Realistic Landing Spots: Bucs at No. 13, Bears at No. 20, Falcons at No. 30.

4. Oklahoma LT Lane Johnson
Realistic Landing Spots: Cardinals at No. 7, Chargers at No. 11, Dolphins at No. 12.

5. LSU DE/LB Barkevious Mingo
Realistic Landing Spots: Jets at No. 9, Saints at No. 15, Steelers at No. 17.

6. Washington CB Desmond Trufant
Realistic Landing Spots: Dolphins at No. 12, Bucs at No. 13, Panthers at No. 14.

7. Oregon LB Dion Jordan
Realistic Landing Spots: Eagles at No. 4, Browns at No. 6, Jets at No. 9.

8. Arkansas RB Knile Davis
Realistic Landing Spots: Titans, Falcons, Cowboys in the fifth round.

9. Arkansas-Pine Bluff OT Terron Armstead
Realistic Landing Spots: Redskins at No. 51, Dolphins at No. 54, Seahawks at No. 56.

10. SMU DE Margus Hunt
Realistic Landing Spots: Chiefs, Browns, 49ers in the sixth round.

11. Mississippi State CB Darius Slay
Realistic Landing Spots: Bucs at No. 73, 49ers at No. 74, Chargers at No. 76.

12. Rice TE Vance McDonald
Realistic Landing Spots: Rams at No. 46, Bears at No. 50, Redskins at No. 51.

13. Texas A&M WR Ryan Swope
Realistic Landing Spots: Bills at No. 71, Jets at No. 72, Dolphins at No. 77.

14. Arkansas TE Chris Gragg
Realistic Landing Spots: 49ers, Falcons, Redskins in the fifth round.

15. Cal CB Steve Williams
Realistic Landing Spots: Ravens, Steelers, Jaguars in the fifth round.
read more: http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...combine-risers
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #144
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
10. SMU DE Margus Hunt
Realistic Landing Spots: Chiefs, Browns, 49ers in the sixth round.
I haven't been following the combine, but what happened here? Some people thought he was a late 1st round pick, now he's a 6th?
Old 02-27-2013   #145
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I haven't been following the combine, but what happened here? Some people thought he was a late 1st round pick, now he's a 6th?
Quote:
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva
Quote:
@IanKenyonNFL If he goes 2nd day, I will tweet that you are my daddy. If he's still available day 3, you tweet that I am your daddy.
I think Silva is definitely gonna be somebody's "boy".
Old 02-27-2013   #146
greekdbag
Veteran

Rep Power: 1795 greekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respectedgreekdbag is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Silva is definitely gonna be somebody's "boy".
I bet he goes 3rd round at worst.
greekdbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #147
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

And Evan Silva's "fallers"...

Gotta read the text for these to make sense.

Quote:
1. Georgia LB Jarvis Jones
Realistic Landing Spots: 49ers at No. 31, Ravens at No. 32, Eagles at No. 35.

2. LSU DE Sam Montgomery
Realistic Landing Spots: Dolphins at No. 82, Bengals at No. 84, Broncos at No. 90.

3. Ohio State DT Johnathan Hankins
Realistic Landing Spots: Packers at No. 55, Texans at No. 57, 49ers at No. 61.

4. Stanford RB Stepfan Taylor
Realistic Landing Spots: Packers, Chargers, Bucs in the seventh round.

5. Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore
Realistic Landing Spots: Falcons at No. 30, Jaguars at No. 33, Lions at No. 36.

6. Texas A&M OT Luke Joeckel
Realistic Landing Spots: Chiefs at No. 1, Eagles at No. 4, Lions at No. 5.

7. Wisconsin RB Montee Ball
Realistic Landing Spots: Falcons at No. 60, Jaguars at No. 64, Jets at No. 72.

8. Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o

Realistic Landing Spots: Broncos at No. 28, Falcons at No. 30, Ravens at No. 32.

9. Florida State DE Bjoern Werner
Realistic Landing Spots: Dolphins at No. 12, Bucs at No. 13, Cowboys at No. 18.

10. Mississippi State CB Johnthan Banks
Realistic Landing Spots: Dolphins at No. 42, Bucs at No. 43, Panthers at No. 44.
http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nf...ombine-fallers
Old 02-27-2013   #148
ralph
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 ralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respectedralph is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
If he gives up play calling duties to an offensive coordinator, perhaps. At this point, I do not like his play calling. He is one hell of a recruiter though.
Just not enough creativity. Dumb plays all the time, long developing run plays when we have a below average line. I'm glad he really makes an effort to run a clean program and keep our guys out of the press but not sure where his ceiling is.

Feel like I clicked on my Warchant tab.
ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #149
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54460 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Just not enough creativity. Dumb plays all the time, long developing run plays when we have a below average line. I'm glad he really makes an effort to run a clean program and keep our guys out of the press but not sure where his ceiling is.

Feel like I clicked on my Warchant tab.
It became pretty clear that something was wrong when Tricket came in at QB and we ran the read option. That alone should tell you something.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013   #150
Quick II Draw
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Quick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respectedQuick II Draw is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I haven't been following the combine, but what happened here? Some people thought [Margus Hunt] was a late 1st round pick, now he's a 6th?
It's just an example of someone who doesn't know what the !@#$ they're talking about. Hunt will be gone by the end of the 2nd round, and he'll probably be drafted somewhere in the first.

They act like Ziggy Ansah is such a revelation...Hunt is just as athletic--but bigger--and has been playing football for just as long (or 1 year longer?)...
Old 02-28-2013   #151
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick II Draw View Post
It's just an example of someone who doesn't know what the !@#$ they're talking about. Hunt will be gone by the end of the 2nd round, and he'll probably be drafted somewhere in the first.

They act like Ziggy Ansah is such a revelation...Hunt is just as athletic--but bigger--and has been playing football for just as long (or 1 year longer?)...
After combine, Hunt should be gone by end of 2nd. I wish we are able to find trading partner to trade down a little and get an extra pick. I wouldn't mind drafting Hunt at all in early to mid 2nd rd. Just think JJ Watt on one side and Hunt on other side. It would be sick line up.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013   #152
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
After combine, Hunt should be gone by end of 2nd. I wish we are able to find trading partner to trade down a little and get an extra pick. I wouldn't mind drafting Hunt at all in early to mid 2nd rd. Just think JJ Watt on one side and Hunt on other side. It would be sick line up.
It wouldn't be happening this season. I never watched the dude play (obviously, who watches SMU?), but been studying the guy a bit lately due to the hype I keep hearing about him. This guy is about as raw as it gets. He has horrible technique, plays way too high and too stiff. He can't tackle worth a crap, easily juked due to playing so high and doesn't play the run too well at all

IMO, this guy is my definition of a "boom or bust" player. A major project that would take a year or more to develope...if he can develope. Unless, of course, you draft him for his kick blocking ability. I'd pass until the last day
Old 02-28-2013   #153
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It wouldn't be happening this season. I never watched the dude play (obviously, who watches SMU?), but been studying the guy a bit lately due to the hype I keep hearing about him. This guy is about as raw as it gets. He has horrible technique, plays way too high and too stiff. He can't tackle worth a crap, easily juked due to playing so high and doesn't play the run too well at all

IMO, this guy is my definition of a "boom or bust" player. A major project that would take a year or more to develope...if he can develope. Unless, of course, you draft him for his kick blocking ability. I'd pass until the last day
Hype he's getting reminds of Barwin's hype at the combine. The difference is Hunt is much bigger than Barwin.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013   #154
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 52734 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

So Hunt never played or watched American football before SMU, and SMU is not known for cultivating NFL-ready pass rushers. A good GM won't take him until the 3rd round, but there's always someone willing to pay a premium for an Amobe Okoye.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013   #155
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/
Old 03-09-2013   #156
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
This deserves its own thread. Dan Shonka et al provide services to NFL teams. He has been an NFL Scout for 16 years & in the business for 39 years. Much more credibility than the average media mock, IMO.

Thanks for posting.
Old 03-09-2013   #157
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This deserves its own thread. Dan Shonka et al provide services to NFL teams. He has been an NFL Scout for 16 years & in the business for 39 years. Much more credibility than the average media mock, IMO.

Thanks for posting.
I kinda thought we had enough mock threads .
Old 03-09-2013   #158
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I kinda thought we had enough mock threads .
The more the merrier!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013   #159
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The more the merrier!
I used to listen to this guy from ourlads 15 years ago , I thought he was dead . He came up with the phrase " this guys a turd " .

http://www.ourlads.com/jim-sabo-nfl-mock-draft/2013/
Old 03-09-2013   #160
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
I used to listen to this guy from ourlads 15 years ago , I thought he was dead . He came up with the phrase " this guys a turd " .

http://www.ourlads.com/jim-sabo-nfl-mock-draft/2013/
Yeah, I stay with the "official" overall mocks there. Sabo has Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech & DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson going in the 3rd round??? Pffft.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read