Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2013   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Post combine mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I don't think either Hunter or Rodgers are NFL ready and I don't think the Texans will pick either in the 1st. If the Texans are looking for a WR to come in and help right away then Hopkins or Allen are their best bet. No, neither one would be an eventual replacement for AJ. But, are we looking for a WR to groom to replace AJ or are we looking for someone to come in and replace K-Dub? There is NO, I repeat, NO, WR in this class that will ever come close to doing what AJ does, on or off the field IMO! If Megatron, Green, or Julio Jones were there and the Texans had a top 10 pick, then heck yeah, but that's not the case.

I can't sit here and tell you that Hopkins or Allen will turn out to be the best WR from this class and that they'll light up the NFL, but I think they are both more NFL ready than either Hunter or Rodgers. And, I think that's what the Texans are looking for, a WR who can come in and, with a little coaching, could start opposite AJ and give them some sure hands, good blocking, good route running, and hopefully a little more speed and play making ability then K-Dub.
No Wr is expected to replace AJ or matched his production this next season, they are expected to be a starting Wr 2 who will match AJ when he leaves in 2-3 years. Rogers does exactly that. Hopkins will never replace AJ as WR1. We may end settling for a good WR2 but why not get one that can become #1? Allen is a possibe WR1 in two years but concern about injury exists.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read