Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-27-2013   #1
obrien52289
Rookie

Default Qb matt scott

MATT SCOTT Arizona everything the Texans need..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kbtq...e_gdata_player
obrien52289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013   #2
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Qb matt scott

Where is he projected?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013   #3
obrien52289
Rookie

4-6 rounds
obrien52289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like a long shot.
He has tools, but his skills are very under-developed.

For example, in the two games vs USC and Stanford, I counted at least 11 batted balls. That means he "was locking" onto that particular read or "staring down" his receiver. In the Bowl game against Nevada; however, none happened (but there was hardly any pressure.) And I don't think I saw any in his limited playing time at the Shrine game either, which is a good sign, especially considering that he was playing from under center (instead of the normal shotgun in the Wildcats' zone read spread offense.

He also showed up as a "reckless" runner in the USC and Stanford game. On one occasion, the commentator said that it needs to be corrected (or he can really get himself injured.)

Not sure about his real arm strength, since there wasn't any deep throw beyond 40 yards (46 yards in the air) that I saw. I don't think he attempted any pass longer than that the whole season.

Right now he looks more like a "thrower" than a QB.

There are "too much" unknowns about him to get a good read on his potential.
I think we don't have any choice but to read about his work-outs for NFL teams to determine those factors.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read