Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 02-25-2013   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mid to Late Round ILB Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
It appears he has everything except experience. He's another DB /LB tweener that might need a year or two before becoming acclimated to the NFL.

Southern Miss went 0-12 this past season. lol
After watching a couple of his games, my initial thought is that he's a project.
He's very raw with his techniques and I don't think he's very smart/instinctive either; like he's still learning the game.

So much physical abilities; just don't know how to make use of them.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #22
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy who I like is Gerald Hodges out of Penn State. Did not run like Jon Bostic buy I watched tape on them both and Hodges seems to be around the ball much more and is good in coverage. I think he would be a nice fit in our system. If you have not watched any film on him watch a little and tell me what you think...
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
After watching a couple of his games, my initial thought is that he's a project.
He's very raw with his techniques and I don't think he's very smart/instinctive either; like he's still learning the game.

So much physical abilities; just don't know how to make use of them.
I agree on Collins who had fantastic combine. College stats were good also. Seems to need good coaching but has all skills for pass rush and coverage. What impresses me is he did not seem to give up during a win less season. That earns major points from me. Rated #93 (3rd) which seems a bit high.
Old 02-25-2013   #24
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Any linebacker out there have maybe some ability to cover gronk over in NE. I am not saying the Texans need to reach. With Just Brady signing an extension. We will meet again.

Just wondering if there is someone that might have the size and/or speed
If they had to cover him or Hernandez
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #25
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Any linebacker out there have maybe some ability to cover gronk over in NE. I am not saying the Texans need to reach. With Just Brady signing an extension. We will meet again.

Just wondering if there is someone that might have the size and/or speed
If they had to cover him or Hernandez
There really aren't any linebackers in all of the NFL that can cover Gronk or Hernandez on a consistent basis. We will need to change our gameplan against teams such as the Pats to have success against them. It's not a problem of players but rather scheme.

As I stated after the playoff loss, man coverage is not the answer.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013   #26
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 31527 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected

How about this Jake Knott. He didn't finish the season with a shoulder tear and October surgery, but that shouldn't be too serious. 6'-2" ; 243 ; projected 40 about 4.70, which is pretty good. Although listed as an OLB, he also projects inside in a 34. His pro day workout is March 26. Should be available in the late rounds unless he really impresses during the pro day workout. Until his injury, he was rated higher than his teammate Klein, by some. His rehab started in late November.

"The week of Feb. 19 was the “four-month mark” that Dr. Gordon Nuber told Knott would be the time it took for his shoulder to be completely healed. Now Knott is still working on his strength and physical ability, waiting to perform all physical tests until March 26, which is Iowa State’s Pro Day."
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read