Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-03-2013   #41
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Superbowl was in Houston the lights wouldn't have gone out. Just sayin...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013   #42
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Superbowl in houston has failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
If the Superbowl was in Houston the lights wouldn't have gone out. Just sayin...

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
Yeah the stadium sponsored by an energy company. Maybe we'll get extra consideration now, lol.
Old 02-24-2013   #43
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Khou Facebook
Quote:
The Houston Super Bowl Bid Committee will host a major announcement at 2 p.m. on Monday at Reliant Stadium in the Texans Team Auditorium.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #44
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
Old 02-24-2013   #45
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
I don't think the actual SB site announcement comes until later (May maybe?) Hopefully they came to some sort of decision and agreement on what to do with the Astrodome, and that's what this is about.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #46
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Probably that the Texans have succeeded in bending the taxpayers over to purchase the new scoreboard in hopes of getting a SB.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013   #47
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Probably that the Texans have succeeded in bending the taxpayers over to purchase the new scoreboard
I thought that was a done deal.
Old 02-24-2013   #48
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 103984 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97098

Scoreboard is being paid for by hotel/motel, rental and ticket tax(post 32 on link)
Old 02-25-2013   #49
Wolf
100% Texan

James Baker and Ric campo leads the charge for 2017'Super Bowl bid
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...1-867cafcd8c4c
Old 02-25-2013   #50
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Eight Wonder of the World needs to go. It's an eyesore...
yes it does need to go, i dont understand what people are holdig on to. there are much bigger venues, that are far more historical, that have already bit the dust and been demolished.. not to mention the dome is like 1 of 30 things considered "the 8th wonder of the world" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighth_Wonder_of_the_World

the area surrounding reliant stadium is so ugly its quite pathetic. they should tear down the dome and build a party type venue in its footprint. similar to what NOLA has with champions square. right now that area outside of reliant stadium is an eyesore.. getting something done before the final four returns could go along way into hosting many future events.. we need more green space too, way too much grey, dull, cement..

as for the comments about downtown being dead or whatever. while thats true, there are tons of bars and clubs on main street and when big events come to town, those places usually thrive, like they did for the NBA ASG this past month..

Last edited by Premier; 02-25-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #51
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Went to the SB for the fun this year and had a great time, but, I would not go back unless our boys were playing there. Their big mistake was mixing it up with Madi Grai. (my spelling sucks) Every restaurant, cafe, venue, hotel, was PACKED, and long waits for cabs, buses, and trollys, plus, parking could cost you up to $50/day depending on where you wanted to park. Traffic was horrendous! The French Quarter smelled like raw sewage, esp along Bourbon Street. WAY to many people in a small area, and the weirdo's were out by the dozens!!

I went to both SBs that were here in Houston, and honestly, I preferred the first one, back in 1974, I think it was! Charlie Pride sang the National Anthum and i believe college bands played during the halftime.. Not sure about that, I'd have to look it up. BUT, never the less, it was affordable for common old football lovin folks like us. It was all about the GAME, not a bunch of rich people trying to outdo each other, or Hollywood idiots trying to make a name for themselves, or big, huge, expensive parties that only the rich can afford to go to. Nope, just a good old fashioned football game between the Fins and the Vikes! I'll never forget it!

OK, I did a little research! The game was in 1973 and the Longhorn Band played at halftime, along with Miss Texas who played the fiddle. Got a good laugh out of that one!! Can you imagine a halftime like that in this day and age?? Geeezz, I miss the good old days!! lol

Last edited by SheTexan; 02-27-2013 at 05:58 PM. Reason: add info
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013   #52
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Went to the SB for the fun this year and had a great time, but, I would not go back unless our boys were playing there. Their big mistake was mixing it up with Madi Grai. (my spelling sucks) Every restaurant, cafe, venue, hotel, was PACKED, and long waits for cabs, buses, and trollys, plus, parking could cost you up to $50/day depending on where you wanted to park. Traffic was horrendous! The French Quarter smelled like raw sewage, esp along Bourbon Street. WAY to many people in a small area, and the weirdo's were out by the dozens!!

I went to both SBs that were here in Houston, and honestly, I preferred the first one, back in 1974, I think it was! Charlie Pride sang the National Anthum and i believe college bands played during the halftime.. Not sure about that, I'd have to look it up. BUT, never the less, it was affordable for common old football lovin folks like us. It was all about the GAME, not a bunch of rich people trying to outdo each other, or Hollywood idiots trying to make a name for themselves, or big, huge, expensive parties that only the rich can afford to go to. Nope, just a good old fashioned football game between the Fins and the Vikes! I'll never forget it!

OK, I did a little research! The game was in 1973 and the Longhorn Band played at halftime, along with Miss Texas who played the fiddle. Got a good laugh out of that one!! Can you imagine a halftime like that in this day and age?? Geeezz, I miss the good old days!! lol

I went to new orleans this weekend and there was a cheerleading event and rock n roll marathon series and while Im sure it wasnt as crowded as a super bowl it was still back parking was 40+ per day and at times you do get that lovely sewage smell. I think thats all just New Orleans
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013   #53
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay, the way this was supposed to work was that Miami and San Fran were competing for Super Bowl L, and the loser of that competition would compete with Houston for Superbowl LI.

So does this mean if the stadium bill dies, in addition to San Fran getting L by default, Houston would get LI by default also?
Quote:
At a time when many believe that the fate of the renovations to Sun Life Stadium will hinge on an upcoming public vote, the public vote may not happen, after all.

The bill that needs to become a law to permit the use of hotel tax money is in limbo as the Florida Legislature enters the final day of its 2013 regular season.
Quote:
Which means that Super Bowl L necessarily would be awarded to San Francisco at the next ownership meeting on May 21, since the NFL wonít award another Super Bowl to Miami absent the upgrades that the pending plan would provide.
LINK
Old 05-04-2013   #54
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
According to the Miami Herald, a referendum for public renovations to the Miami Dolphinsí Sun Life Stadium was rejected by the Florida state legislature in Tallahassee. Either Miami or San Francisco will be competing against Houston for the right to host Super Bowl LI in 2017.
This would be good news. I hope we can get the Super Bowl.

Here's the rest of the article.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...3-199e6dbe1361

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013   #55
Wolf
100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dolphin...5434--nfl.html

Quote:
Dee had said last month owner Stephen Ross would not renovate the stadium without a public-private partnership. Ross reiterated that there will be no renovation in an interview with CBS4 in Miami, saying it would be "difficult" to do the renovations on a more limited basis.
Regarding the team's future in Miami, Dee said, "I wouldn't want to prognosticate what the future holds, but it's clearly bleak."
Although Dee said Ross won't move the team, Dee said the next owner could move the team, possibly to Los Angeles. Ross has said he won't sell the team in his lifetime, but Dee didn't rule out a sale during Ross's lifetime.
Old 05-06-2013   #56
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12118 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know about any of y'all, but I would be personally upset if Miami moved to LA. I hate to see any team move, but Miami has history and tradition there. I can justify other teams, but not the Dolphins.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013   #57
Wolf
100% Texan

While I agree. However if there was a time to ask for help with renovations, this probably is the worst time to do it. The dolphins can thank Jefferry Loria on that. I wouldn't give him one dime of my money.
Old 05-06-2013   #58
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I don't know about any of y'all, but I would be personally upset if Miami moved to LA. I hate to see any team move, but Miami has history and tradition there. I can justify other teams, but not the Dolphins.
Wouldn't bother me a bit. For comparison, I'm still a fan of the Houston Oilers, or guess I should say the history and fond memories of the Oilers when they existed and were in Houston. The NFL team located in Nashville is called the Titans and may have formerly been known as the Oilers, but that was then and this is now. I still have my memories and the Oilers still have their history.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013   #59
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 26824 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't want to see any team move to LA. Their history and inability to keep a franchise should keep them out of the running for another team indefinitely.

Of course due to money they will always get their shot.
Old 05-09-2013   #60
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
From the article:

Quote:
Dee had said last month owner Stephen Ross would not renovate the stadium without a public-private partnership. Ross reiterated that there will be no renovation in an interview with CBS4 in Miami, saying it would be "difficult" to do the renovations on a more limited basis.
Regarding the team's future in Miami, Dee said, "I wouldn't want to prognosticate what the future holds, but it's clearly bleak."
LA is not going to put public money toward a stadium either, so I really don't see such a move happening. I think the NFL keeps throwing LA out there in every one of these situations as some sort of a threat, but the truth is LA has proven they can't get the support necessary to build an NFL stadium. Not enough people out there care enough. The NFL hates that, because it's a huge market, but there's not much they can do about it.

If a team moves, it'll be just like the Colts or Oilers. They'll move to a somewhat smaller city that's trying to move up in the world and thinks that an NFL team is a step in that direction. And if the NFL continues trying to strongarm cities into essentially lining private owners' pockets with public dollars, they'll keep moving teams.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read