Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-21-2013   #21
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Panama Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Oh I don't have a problem replacing Walter. Like I said it should of been done a year or two ago. I just think its lower on the list than getting the middle of the defense squared away. IMO the defense is two players away from being elite. Three if you want to count Cushing. If we could get an above average NT the could either command double teams or consistently get penetration, it would really open things up for not only Watt and Smith but also our OLB's.

Yes you can never have too many weapons but with a QB like Schaub how much difference would it really make? How often does a rookie WR come in and make a real impact? Also do you guys think that by adding offensive weapons Schaub will be good enough to win a shoot out against the top QB's?

IMO The best way to build this team to compete with the likes of NE and Denver is to have a top notch pass rush.
The Texans defense needs 4 players to get to an elite level. An extra S for the nickle, ILB/OLB and a nickle CB. Even though they had these needs they held the Bengals to 0 TD's in the playoffs. Schaub threw 1 pick six.

The best way to improve the defense is to keep it off the field. You do this by improving the offense. That's why finding a WR with speed to take the pressure off AJ, (Williams from Baylor/Hunter/Hopkins could help right away like Green and Jones did for Atl/Cincy) So yes, WR's can contribute quickly.

Fix the OL and finding a QB for the future (If you believe this season is as good as it's going to get for Schaub) should the top priorities.

If you could get an above RT in FA would you let Barwin walk? Re-sign A.Smith? These are the tough decisions that the Texans FO should be asking right now before the all star games/Combine. If I had to guess what they are doing right now they are probably vacationing or scheduling sleep apnea surgery to be done during the combine. (Atleast that's their track record.)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013   #22
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

Markus Wheaton turning heads

I'm getting concerned that Wheaton will raise his draft stock too high. I honestly think he is the best receiver in the draft period. Take him in the 2nd if you have to.
Old 01-25-2013   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Markus Wheaton turning heads

I'm getting concerned that Wheaton will raise his draft stock too high. I honestly think he is the best receiver in the draft period. Take him in the 2nd if you have to.
Should be there in second but may be too frail at 5'11" 183. Has a 64.8 rating, lowest of all I reviewed. Swope was at 67.4
Old 01-25-2013   #24
panamamyers
Veteran

Rep Power: 1738 panamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respectedpanamamyers is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if that NFL grade was pre-Senior Bowl, because everyone I have read is saying that he is one of the top 2 or 3 players there.
I doubt we get him now. We won't draft him before the 3rd, and he won't be there then.
Old 01-25-2013   #25
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wonder if that NFL grade was pre-Senior Bowl, because everyone I have read is saying that he is one of the top 2 or 3 players there.
I doubt we get him now. We won't draft him before the 3rd, and he won't be there then.
I love this kid too. Really depends on a teams need in the slot. I could see New England taking him when Welker hits the free agent market. Texans probably wouldn't bite, not that I'd mind, because Martin is still a work in progress.

Poyer looks outstanding as well. Looks like a top flight nickle cb. both are smaller in stature, both are niche type players who will succeed in the NFL.

BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #26
panamamyers
Veteran

Going to have to redo this draft big time.
Jordan is probably going to be a top 10 pick now.
Scott will never last that long after the show he put on yesterday.
Wheaton could be a 1st round pick now after what he did yesterday.
Hawkinson possibly moving all the way up to the 4th round now.

Too bad we couldn't have just had the draft real quick before the combine.
Old 02-25-2013   #27
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

After the combine performance I think Escobar is going to be there much later than the 3rd round also. I don't think Wheaton is going to be a first rounder, I think you still have guys like Patterson, Austin, Woods, T. Williams, and Hopkins which will be rated higher than Wheaton on most of their boards.
Old 02-25-2013   #28
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

While I like Wheaton a ton, I don't think you want to draft him in the first.
He will make a very good number 2, but I want a guy with higher ceiling for a first round pick. With Wheaton, it's pretty much what you see is what you get, assuming normal growth.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read