Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-20-2013   #1
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Keenan Allen to miss combine

Knee injury, reaggravate, I believe.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #2
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Keenan Allen to miss combine

I heard Kawann Short opted out as well.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #3
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 80379 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Is he still planning on doing a Pro Day?
Old 02-21-2013   #4
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...1339--nfl.html

addresses injury and when he will work out
Old 02-21-2013   #5
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

Allen is the receiver I want out of this draft. This could benefit the Texans.
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Knee injury, reaggravate, I believe.
Great, a knee.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Could he fall to our 2nd round pick...? That would be excellent!
Old 02-25-2013   #8
skenney_11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Could he fall to our 2nd round pick...? That would be excellent!
Could be quite possible due to the 40 times of other WR's.
skenney_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anything is possible, but I doubt it.
Allen's game is not pure speed to begin; he's more of a well-rounded prospect: good height, good size, long arm, big hand (6'2 - 205, 32-3/4, 10").

I expect him to have good speed, but not elite (mid to high 4.4) even though it won't surprise me if he runs faster than that at his pro day. I'm thinking they have better track shoes this year, because the 40 time overall (not just the receivers') is just crazy across the board. But maybe I'm just skeptical; maybe they all are that fast.

I expect Keenan to be pretty good in the SS and the 3-cone as well.
Basically, I expect him to be pretty good in all areas.

He's a notch below Julio Jones, but he made up quite a bit with good hands, good feet, etc.

IMO, Allen and Patterson are sure first rounders.
And then you have a bunch of borderline 1-2 round prospects.

The chance of them slipping to 27 are quite slim.

I would really love for the Texans to trade out of the first for a low second and a future first.

With the two 2nds, go BPA at OT, ILB, NT.

Fill the third spot with one of out two 3rds, and take a big or speedy WR with the other pick.

Then mine the rest.

We can always use one of our late round picks to move up a few spots if needed, but I would rather use them to find some good ST players (either hard nose or fast).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Anything is possible, but I doubt it.
Allen's game is not pure speed to begin; he's more of a well-rounded prospect: good height, good size, long arm, big hand (6'2 - 205, 32-3/4, 10").

I expect him to have good speed, but not elite (mid to high 4.4) even though it won't surprise me if he runs faster than that at his pro day. I'm thinking they have better track shoes this year, because the 40 time overall (not just the receivers') is just crazy across the board. But maybe I'm just skeptical; maybe they all are that fast.

I expect Keenan to be pretty good in the SS and the 3-cone as well.
Basically, I expect him to be pretty good in all areas.

He's a notch below Julio Jones, but he made up quite a bit with good hands, good feet, etc.

I would really love for the Texans to trade out of the first for a low second and a future first.

With the two 2nds, go BPA at OT, ILB, NT.

Fill the third spot with one of out two 3rds, and take a big or speedy WR with the other pick.

Then mine the rest.

We can always use one of our late round picks to move up a few spots if needed, but I would rather use them to find some good ST players (either hard nose or fast).
Set aside the off field issues and compare Allen, Patterson and Da'Rick Rogers. All seem to be perfect across from AJ and even more importantly a future replacement.
Old 02-25-2013   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Allen is battling a knee issue at the most critical time in his career. It could easily affect his draft status. Maybe not enough to fall to #27. But enough to move up 6 or 7 spots without selling the farm. If there's a rookie WR ready to contribute in 2013, it's Keenan Allen.
Old 02-25-2013   #12
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not touching the guy until Dr. CND gives his approval.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read